General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How to design risk out of a situation eh?

Typical MEP wankers

Hahaha I act as Principal Designer on our high rise jobs, if I put this in my maintenance schedule/existing hazard register I would lose my job.

• Like 3

Absolutely bonkers init?

Last week I was doing a job where they had plant on top of a 'standard' loading bay.  One of my first questions 'How do we get access to that'  blank faces from the Architect and MEP.  FFS.

• Haha 4

To get the pipes and cabling into that service riser they would’ve had to have drilled from the inside and shoved them through ready for Bonnnington/Fist there to swing round and connect so why didn’t they just go the whole hog and drill out an access hatch? :cuppa:

• Like 1

Well, here's a sorry tale. Late last year I made a small purchase in a shop of a couple of quid, didn't think anything of it but coincidentally, a month or so later the wife's card got scammed, we spotted it, got our money back quickly, card cancelled etc but as we were going through our bank account checking out for what was legit payments and what wasn't I spotted something from a shop that was £92 odd. When I checked where the shop was I remembered the small purchase and it isn't a shop where you could spend much so wasn't a scam. I went in the shop and saw what I bought and it did match up with what I'd bought but plus £90! So by this time the receipt was long gone so I went in, saw someone there who was one of the partners, showed them the part of my bank statement with the money coming out, explained what I bought, how everything matched up but plus 90, told them I realised it was probably just a mistake by whoever put it through and asked for the overpayment back. I gave them my details and asked them to look for their end of day receipts record, stock etc. No bother so far, the lass said they'd check it out and pay me if it tallied up, seemed genuine to be fair and she'd mention it to her partner. Here's where things start to go wrong.

No contact for a couple weeks so I pop back in, this time the male partner is in, gives me some tale about getting on to it soon so I leave it that. Nothing happens again. I keep going back every few weeks and keep getting some bollocks about his card machine handling company not giving him access to the end of day receipts. A couple of times he was slightly cocky and I knew he was full of shit. Guess where he sounded like he was from? :lol: By this time the missus has checked him out through the power of women's Facebook stalker protocol and his timeline had loads of stuff such as mags 0-3 lads. :lol: So now I've went from being a bit pissed off with the fobbing off to full on, do I go in, turn everything over and stott his head off his till or do I go in, look down at my feet, being embarrassed knowing that I'm inherently inferior to him and fear a good kicking and apologise for pestering him? :lol: I of course decided to use common sense and tell him he has a week to get in touch with his so called receipt company problems or I'm taking him to the small claims court and basically telling him he was full of shit. He then told me to go ahead as that was the best outcome clearly thinking I wouldn't bother. Two months later a letter gets posted to me by him telling me that I'm owed money and could he have the details, please? :lol: he then spends almost a week not paying me before I get in touch again before he comes out with some bollocks about his solicitor forgetting to pay me and forgetting to sort the court details. (He obviously didn't bother his arse defending it). Anyway, I looked today and he's finally paid me back plus the small court costs. What a stewpid, thick MLF, morally sewperior bull's knacker. He can now update his facebewk account to lads 0-1 Mags. :good:

P.S. I also looked up his company and he's been fined before by the authorities for selling shit, out of date stuff etc. As Tammy Wynette almost sang, 'sometimes it's hard to be morally sewperior'. 

PPS.

Maybe I should start a rival business up if the opposition is as thick as this mackem cunt? 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 10

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

@Monkeys Fist

Did you ever do this in your climbing career? 😬

This lad is suffering from an acute case of “ All The Gear But No Idea” syndrome. 
Luckily for him, if he keeps on hanging off cladding tiles he won’t be suffering from it for long. 

For those of you wondering what is wrong with this , he’s drilling in to, and hanging off, cladding tiles, not a solid building wall. 

Those things are secured to the building by various means, but all of them are only designed to take a little more than the weight of the tile, not fucking Monkey Mick here. 

Other than that , he breaks one of the golden rules of rope access right at the start, by only being secured to one point. 

( The rope running from him to whatever it’s tied to inside is essentially pointless, since if he fell on to it, it’d very likely be sliced by the window edge, if not, he’d be taking what’s known as a factor 2 fall… internal injuries and pissing blood for the rest of his short life. 

:lol:

( edit: as PaddockLad points out , it’s utterly pointless too, as the ac unit could’ve been fitted from inside the building ). 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well, here's a sorry tale. Late last year I made a small purchase in a shop of a couple of quid, didn't think anything of it but coincidentally, a month or so later the wife's card got scammed, we spotted it, got our money back quickly, card cancelled etc but as we were going through our bank account checking out for what was legit payments and what wasn't I spotted something from a shop that was £92 odd. When I checked where the shop was I remembered the small purchase and it isn't a shop where you could spend so wasn't a scam. I went in the shop and saw what I bought and it did match up with what I'd bought but plus £90! So by this time the receipt was long gone so I went in, saw someone there who was one of the partners, showed them the part of my bank statement with the money coming out, explained what I bought, how everything matched up but plus 90, told them I realised it was probably just a mistake by whoever put it through and asked for the overpayment back. I gave them my details and asked them to look for their end of day receipts record, stock etc. No bother so far, the lass said they'd check it out and pay me if it tallied up, seemed genuine to be fair and she'd mention it to her partner. Here's where things start to go wrong.

No contact for a couple weeks so I pop back in, this time the male partner is in, gives me some tale about getting on to it soon so I leave it that. Nothing happens again. I keep going back every few weeks and keep getting some bollocks about his card machine handling company not giving him access to the end of day receipts. A couple of times he was slightly cocky and I knew he was full of shit. Guess where he sounded like he was from? :lol: By this time the missus has checked him out through the power of women's Facebook stalker protocol and his timeline had loads of stuff such as mags 0-3 lads. :lol: So now I've went from being a bit pissed off with the fobbing off to full on, do I go in, turn everything over and stott his head off his till or do I go in, look down at my feet, being embarrassed knowing that I'm inherently inferior to him and fear a good kicking and apologise for pestering him? :lol: I of course decided to use common sense and tell him he has a week to get in touch with his so called receipt company problems or I'm taking him to the small claims court and basically telling him he was full of shit. He then told me to go ahead as that was the best outcome clearly thinking I wouldn't bother. Two months later a letter gets posted to me by him telling me that I'm owed money and could he have the details, please? :lol: he then spends almost a week not paying me before I get in touch again before he comes out with some bollocks about his solicitor forgetting to pay me and forgetting to sort the court details. (He obviously didn't bother his arse defending it). Anyway, I looked today and he's finally paid me back plus the small court costs. What a stewpid, thick MLF, morally sewperior bull's knacker. He can now update his facebewk account to lads 0-1 Mags. :good:

P.S. I also looked up his company and he's been fined before by the authorities for selling shit, out of date stuff etc. As Tammy Wynette almost sang, 'sometimes it's hard to be morally sewperior'. 

PPS.

Maybe I should start a rival business up if the opposition is as thick as this mackem cunt? 

Name  and shame the thick bastard’s shop please 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Name  and shame the thick bastard’s shop please 

I'm not going to do that publicly as I got the impression from his partner that she was genuine, the others working there were fine but Dick Dastard, the mackem bastard, thought he would just ride it out and keep the money. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 1

Sometimes as well you get someone working somewhere and they’re running a scam but everyone else there is legit / completely unaware. 
Glad you got your money back anyway. I would imagine the small claims court costs would’ve been a reasonable amount for them to pay too. I bet his lass was like “I fucking told you just to pay them back what we owed”

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sometimes as well you get someone working somewhere and they’re running a scam but everyone else there is legit / completely unaware. 
Glad you got your money back anyway. I would imagine the small claims court costs would’ve been a reasonable amount for them to pay too. I bet his lass was like “I fucking told you just to pay them back what we owed”

I get the distinct impression she would've bollocked the daft cunt as well. :lol: (unfortunately/fortunately the court costs weren't too much but because he's delayed it, it's now on record for six years for creditors etc to see whereas a payment in time would have avoided that for him). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m on a run up to Elgin and Inverness- currently taking a break just outside Blair Atholl. 

The night sky up here absolutely immense- so many stars visible without the usual light pollution. 

( By the way, when did the Sweaties decide to copy the West English and start putting the local gibberish names on road signs, as well as proper English? ). 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m on a run up to Elgin and Inverness- currently taking a break just outside Blair Atholl. 

The night sky up here absolutely immense- so many stars visible without the usual light pollution. 

( By the way, when did the Sweaties decide to copy the West English and start putting the local gibberish names on road signs, as well as proper English? ). 

Well that’s a long question really, there was controversy in Scotland when roadsigns were first erected in Gaelic speaking areas in English. This was in the early 1970s because gaelic speaking = middle of nowhere. When they were A roads (central govt) some lord from Devonshire (ironically) tried to pass a law they had to be in English. Everyone knows how much the Scots love to be told what to do by southerners so that went as expected and eventually led to Gaelic everywhere. This is stupid imho as Gaelic was never spoken by all Scots in every part of Scotland. I also get annoyed when etymological non English words get a bullshit Gaelic translation. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I see Paddocklad is moonlighting on TMS today, which one is he though ? 🤷‍♂️

9FBFB7D9-0AF1-45D8-8521-D82B33BEF27F.jpeg

Is that Zaltzman and Norcross? Zaltzman is brilliant btw. 

What a twat :lol: Btw didn’t they supposedly fall out to the extent they used separate private jets while touring?