General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Mate, just minor obsticles that you can easily navigate. Nothing easy is worth it, as you know. So enjoy your holiday and it will be fine. (I know easy said from the other side of the world but stuff happens when it's meant too - we are just passengers.)

Aye of course. Just highlighting the absurdity of the situation really. I'm actually pretty confident I might ace this anyway. If not, then next time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is what album club has done to me. I don't make recommendations my upside down cousin. I listen to music as fairly as I can and critique. Write a witty review which my lady peers fucking love and communicate to me with personal Teams messages. They are (genuinely) all young, nubile, and yeah Gemmill, make me feel fucking ancient cos I am. Still.... 

Now if you're talking about so called Brit Pop, I'll restate it's not a genre or movement. Or even a zeitgest. 90% of it is pure shit, including almost all of Oasis and 90% of Blur. However, I personally love Suede, always have done, they've always connected with me more than almost any real person I know, and they are still producing new stuff which is great and are fucking brilliant live. I also like Pulp but am sure Cocker will get arrested and imprisoned one day for being a wrang un. I'll still listen to him. These are opinions personal to me and I haven't got the time or energy to justify them on a phone. 

People can enjoy what they like and should. But personally I say keep an open mind, try and understand other genres and how they affect their audience. We have a wealth of music more accessible today than ever before. Your own tastes might change with time, although for me they have broadened rather than narrowed. Ultimately it's all ephemeral of course. Such is life. We all die and the 33 reaches the end of the groove. 

I feel like a combination of AI and Donald Trump wrote this. What the fuck is going on? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I feel like a combination of AI and Donald Trump wrote this. What the fuck is going on? 

Donald Trump? Wtf? AI, I'm okay with. 

I mean, honestly if anyone has opinions on Brit Pop I'd be interested. Hip hop, ska, rock, pop, classical, opera, metal, etc. all real things. What the fuck is Brit Pop though? Literally just isn't a real thing. 

Directed at the non Coldplay fans. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

Donald Trump? Wtf? AI, I'm okay with. 

I mean, honestly if anyone has opinions on Brit Pop I'd be interested. Hip hop, ska, rock, pop, classical, opera, metal, etc. all real things. What the fuck is Brit Pop though? Literally just isn't a real thing. 

Directed at the non Coldplay fans. 

With the benefit of hindsight, Britpop is the result of all the places Brett Anderson stuck his cock back in the 90's. Damon Alburn was only there for sloppy seconds and made a career out of courting girl bands like Sleeper, Republica and Oasis.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Renton said:

This is what album club has done to me. I don't make recommendations my upside down cousin. I listen to music as fairly as I can and critique. Write a witty review which my lady peers fucking love and communicate to me with personal Teams messages. They are (genuinely) all young, nubile, and yeah Gemmill, make me feel fucking ancient cos I am. Still.... 

Now if you're talking about so called Brit Pop, I'll restate it's not a genre or movement. Or even a zeitgest. 90% of it is pure shit, including almost all of Oasis and 90% of Blur. However, I personally love Suede, always have done, they've always connected with me more than almost any real person I know, and they are still producing new stuff which is great and are fucking brilliant live. I also like Pulp but am sure Cocker will get arrested and imprisoned one day for being a wrang un. I'll still listen to him. These are opinions personal to me and I haven't got the time or energy to justify them on a phone. 

People can enjoy what they like and should. But personally I say keep an open mind, try and understand other genres and how they affect their audience. We have a wealth of music more accessible today than ever before. Your own tastes might change with time, although for me they have broadened rather than narrowed. Ultimately it's all ephemeral of course. Such is life. We all die and the 33 reaches the end of the groove. 

I have no time for britpop (did you not read my post Rent????), pulp and suede included, although I do enjoy Electricity by Suede and Shattner's version of Common People is worth a listen, just for Henry Rollin's backing vocals.

I was more asking after what interesting finds, you have found via album club??? But alas, I/we are obviously not nubile enough or on Teams (fucking hate teams) to be deemed worthy.

Last par, well, agreed but better to be a 33 than a 45 in that instance.

9 hours ago, Renton said:

So, I'm enjoying 10 days in Mallorca, but despite the fact I'm not getting back until next Tuesday quite stressed. 

I've been trying to move jobs recently and my 'dream' job has come it. I'm perfectly suited to the role, but it's a competitive field and the NHS arms length body is proving very hard to break into at my level, as they like to promote from within. 

But I spent a long time on the application and have been given a job interview. Trouble is, it's first thing in the morning the day after I get back (late) from holiday. Not ideal. But now they have emailed me and I have to do a presentation, subject TBC, but will likely be highly technical involving a lot of research to do properly. 

FML tbh. I trying to be c'est la vie about this but it's taken me 6 months to get this far and now I just feel hugely disadvantaged. The job application is handled through a third party so there is nobody I can contact and will just have to do it. 

My wife is desperate to change her job and has landed a job interview and presentation for her potential dream job. Time and date, exactly the same as mine. :lol:

You have to laugh. 

Good luck to you both.

9 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

All I can say is good luck and hopefully something very similar comes up again if you're unlucky? :good:

Seriously, don't take job advice from this man. :) 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye of course. Just highlighting the absurdity of the situation really. I'm actually pretty confident I might ace this anyway. If not, then next time. 

I've just threw up a bit in my mouth at this crack. :lol:

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Good luck to you both.

Seriously, don't take job advice from this man. :) 

:lol:

A fair point but I wasn't giving him advice what to do when he actually gets the job. (I didn't give any advice at all as it happens, just a good luck message, you naughty gif man!)

• Haha 4

Sadly lost the wife last night and the only reason I’m posting is to make sure none of you go through the same terrible situation. She needed a blood transfusion but her blood type was not on record and I had no idea what it was. 

Things deteriorated very quickly and I could only hold Mrs CT’s hand and say goodbye. I will never forget how  supportive she has always been. Even as she was fading away, she kept on whispering to me, “Be positive, be positive”.

Summed my wife up, always thinking of others. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sadly lost the wife last night and the only reason I’m posting is to make sure none of you go through the same terrible situation. She needed a blood transfusion but her blood type was not on record and I had no idea what it was. 

Things deteriorated very quickly and I could only hold Mrs CT’s hand and say goodbye. I will never forget how  supportive she has always been. Even as she was fading away, she kept on whispering to me, “Be positive, be positive”.

You fucking stupid cunt, I was genuinely gutted for you. :lol:

:finger:

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fuck’s sake, man. I thought you were being serious at first. :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

You fucking stupid cunt, I was genuinely gutted for you. :lol:

:finger:

I was too :lol: 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fucking wanker! I nearly PM'd you the other day cos you'd said she wasn't well, and now this. 

At least the rest of the terrible joke crew have the DECENCY to post it in the joke thread. 

• Haha 5

WRONG THREAD DICK HEAD! 

Let's hope you don't actually experience your wife dying in reality and post the news on the joke thread. 

:CT:

• Haha 5

Things have been a bit average so far this year, losing family and other stuff no one needs to hear about but thankfully even NUFC couldn't fuck up today.
This little guy is coming home with us, picture is from when we met him at 6 weeks, he's just turned 10 weeks.
@thebrokendoll let us know if you still need help with the rodents?

IMG_3638.thumb.jpg.bb34491aa7a4428fe32585d9471404b9.jpg

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

RIP mate.  Hope you can ameliorate this loss with a new hobby.  Maybe stand up comedian?    

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, sammynb said:

Thinks have been a bit average so far this year, losing family and other stuff no one needs to hear about but thankfully even NUFC couldn't fuck up today.
This little guy is coming home with us, picture is from when we met him at 6 weeks, he's just turned 10 weeks.
@thebrokendoll let us know if you still need help with the rodents?

IMG_3638.thumb.jpg.bb34491aa7a4428fe32585d9471404b9.jpg

From my experience terriers are FUCKING MINT and I adore the naughty little bastards what a fucking mint naughty little bastard he looks like  💕

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Alex said:

From my experience terriers are FUCKING MINT and I adore the naughty little bastards what a fucking mint naughty little bastard he looks like  💕

Mate he is fucking mint and as you know, we agree about terriers.

He's a Cairn, our other two were a Westie and Scottie which both are originally from the Cairn breed (Westies are the white ones they use to destroy as they weren't breed standard and Scotties are Cairns/Wire coat Fox Terrier), so lots of similarities but also different.

He's crazy, ridiculously intelligent and an absolute card, all rolled into one.

Took him 5 minutes to work out the dog door, he slept from 2000 to 0430 which is unheard of for a puppy and has been a loony all morning running around.

Success, we made it through the first night.

IMG_3724.thumb.jpg.de3e9ff168a6bf58a8d924f040e5646f.jpg

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 10

If you get upset about most people having shite taste in music, you’re going to get upset a lot. Although his assessment in the subtitle is pretty much spot on ;) 

• Haha 2