General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I took the missus for a hospital appointment and oasis were on the radio, we came back and it was on a different station, yep oasis on again. I then nipped out to get some shopping and on the news the first story was this with the radio station news presenter saying 'Well people will have been getting their old radio cassette players out and their old CDs of oasis as the band have announced a reunion tour.....blah, blah.' I fucking hate radio news, they're the worst kind of smug, no fuck all type of office cunt around, like. :lol: I mean, just the shit patter premise that this announcement has galvanised oasis fans to listen to them as if they haven't listened to them since the 90s? I couldn't give a fuck either way but the way they jump on anything and exaggerate everything to fuck. Dear Christ, man. Fuck. Off. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This is next summer , the reunion tour? 

What are the odds that they’ll have fallen out again by then and the whole thing is called off. 

I dunno, they seem pretty close now days.

IMG_1241

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Quite a big thing stopping The Smiths reuniting tbf. And I don’t just mean Morrissey being a cunt 

Aye, that big thing called crimes against humanity.

I listened to about half of that new podcast series on Oasis on BBC Sounds, then revisited a few tracks. They've aged terribly, absolute fucking shite. I'm as bewildered this being a 'phenomenon' as I am with this Taylor Swift shite. 

I'm in an album club at work where everybody nominates an album to listen to and critique each week. Rule is nothing too mainstream. It's been lush, got to listen to a bunch of stuff that no Spotify algorithm would signpost me to, whole new genres I've previously ignored. 

BTW, Britpop was never a movement, its all manufactured shite. How can Pulp and suede be in the same genre as Oasis and Blur? Ludicrous. 

• Like 1

So, I'm enjoying 10 days in Mallorca, but despite the fact I'm not getting back until next Tuesday quite stressed. 

I've been trying to move jobs recently and my 'dream' job has come it. I'm perfectly suited to the role, but it's a competitive field and the NHS arms length body is proving very hard to break into at my level, as they like to promote from within. 

But I spent a long time on the application and have been given a job interview. Trouble is, it's first thing in the morning the day after I get back (late) from holiday. Not ideal. But now they have emailed me and I have to do a presentation, subject TBC, but will likely be highly technical involving a lot of research to do properly. 

FML tbh. I trying to be c'est la vie about this but it's taken me 6 months to get this far and now I just feel hugely disadvantaged. The job application is handled through a third party so there is nobody I can contact and will just have to do it. 

My wife is desperate to change her job and has landed a job interview and presentation for her potential dream job. Time and date, exactly the same as mine. :lol:

You have to laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The visible transition to "elderly" continues apace. 

Aye, he wants to get down with the kids and stick some Oasis on ;) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

So, I'm enjoying 10 days in Mallorca, but despite the fact I'm not getting back until next Tuesday quite stressed. 

I've been trying to move jobs recently and my 'dream' job has come it. I'm perfectly suited to the role, but it's a competitive field and the NHS arms length body is proving very hard to break into at my level, as they like to promote from within. 

But I spent a long time on the application and have been given a job interview. Trouble is, it's first thing in the morning the day after I get back (late) from holiday. Not ideal. But now they have emailed me and I have to do a presentation, subject TBC, but will likely be highly technical involving a lot of research to do properly. 

FML tbh. I trying to be c'est la vie about this but it's taken me 6 months to get this far and now I just feel hugely disadvantaged. The job application is handled through a third party so there is nobody I can contact and will just have to do it. 

My wife is desperate to change her job and has landed a job interview and presentation for her potential dream job. Time and date, exactly the same as mine. :lol:

You have to laugh. 

Good luck to the both of you, mate 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

You have to laugh. 

All I can say is good luck and hopefully something very similar comes up again if you're unlucky? :good:

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The visible transition to "elderly" continues apace. 

I think we've established that elderly is more liking Oasis tbh. Analysing new genres to you, like hip hop, isn't elderly. What's surprised me is that I actually like some of this stuff. I've finally realised that for me lyrics are at least half of the beauty of music, probably more. Oasis are literally about the worst on that score, on a par with Coldplay, which I recall you also like. :whistle:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I took the missus for a hospital appointment and oasis were on the radio, we came back and it was on a different station, yep oasis on again. I then nipped out to get some shopping and on the news the first story was this with the radio station news presenter saying 'Well people will have been getting their old radio cassette players out and their old CDs of oasis as the band have announced a reunion tour.....blah, blah.' I fucking hate radio news, they're the worst kind of smug, no fuck all type of office cunt around, like. :lol: I mean, just the shit patter premise that this announcement has galvanised oasis fans to listen to them as if they haven't listened to them since the 90s? I couldn't give a fuck either way but the way they jump on anything and exaggerate everything to fuck. Dear Christ, man. Fuck. Off. :lol:

I like to think I’m reasonably chilled but if I happen to get in the car and my lass has had Capital on and one of the presenters is talking. It’s fucking panic stations trying to switch it off / over. How do people actually listen to that stuff by choice? The patter is rancid, the zany cunts 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

All I can say is good luck and hopefully something very similar comes up again if you're unlucky? :good:

Aye, cheers both. Just trying to get my foot in the door, likesay. 

W34Sn9.gif.af79af4b410fd954ddf5aab1e6f075f9.gif

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

You have to laugh. 

Good luck to the Renton family. 

Or as you'll probably better understand these days following album club: Big up yaself, go smash dat ting aiiight. 

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

You have to laugh. 

Good luck Rents, you may find the following phrase helpful in preparing your presentation while on holiday:

”Havio youio gotio Microsoftio Powerio pointio muchacho?”

• Haha 2

Have you got a laptop with you, @Renton?

If you're gonna have to try and pull slides together the night you get back, I can help get stuff into PowerPoint before then for you if you send me slide outlines and content. 

You'll probs still have to fuck about with it, but at least you're not starting from scratch. 

• Like 3

Is it not worth coming home a couple of days early? Gives you time to prepare and means that you’re both not completely fucked if there’s any significant delays to the flight home.

Plus try not to turn up to the interview looking like this:

image.jpeg.0837cd41d0aaed2bfa37c147407098eb.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Renton said:

I listened to about half of that new podcast series on Oasis on BBC Sounds, then revisited a few tracks. They've aged terribly, absolute fucking shite. I'm as bewildered this being a 'phenomenon' as I am with this Taylor Swift shite. 

I'm in an album club at work where everybody nominates an album to listen to and critique each week. Rule is nothing too mainstream. It's been lush, got to listen to a bunch of stuff that no Spotify algorithm would signpost me to, whole new genres I've previously ignored. 

BTW, Britpop was never a movement, its all manufactured shite. How can Pulp and suede be in the same genre as Oasis and Blur? Ludicrous. 

Howay Rents, where are the recommendations then?

Blur were originally a shoegaze band, then their record label got hold of them and they joined the britpop shite wagon.

Oasis might have made Creation a lot of money but they also destroyed it and a lot of great bands that were around prior to being bigger than the Beatles!

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Quite a big thing stopping The Smiths reuniting tbf. And I don’t just mean Morrissey being a cunt 

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Aye, that big thing called crimes against humanity.

Yeah, that and Andy Rourke being brown bread.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Have you got a laptop with you, @Renton?

If you're gonna have to try and pull slides together the night you get back, I can help get stuff into PowerPoint before then for you if you send me slide outlines and content. 

You'll probs still have to fuck about with it, but at least you're not starting from scratch. 

That's a massively generous offer, cheers. Tablet and phone only here. PP isn't the issue really, very quick to knock up slides, its going to be the technical stuff, the actual content. Will buy an A4 note book and write a script when the cheeky fuckers

give me the title. Cheers though. 👍

I'll post the title here when I'm done and see what you dick heads can come up with.  ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Renton said:

You have to laugh. 

Mate, just minor obsticles that you can easily navigate. Nothing easy is worth it, as you know. So enjoy your holiday and it will be fine. (I know easy said from the other side of the world but stuff happens when it's meant too - we are just passengers.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Howay Rents, where are the recommendations then?

This is what album club has done to me. I don't make recommendations my upside down cousin. I listen to music as fairly as I can and critique. Write a witty review which my lady peers fucking love and communicate to me with personal Teams messages. They are (genuinely) all young, nubile, and yeah Gemmill, make me feel fucking ancient cos I am. Still.... 

Now if you're talking about so called Brit Pop, I'll restate it's not a genre or movement. Or even a zeitgest. 90% of it is pure shit, including almost all of Oasis and 90% of Blur. However, I personally love Suede, always have done, they've always connected with me more than almost any real person I know, and they are still producing new stuff which is great and are fucking brilliant live. I also like Pulp but am sure Cocker will get arrested and imprisoned one day for being a wrang un. I'll still listen to him. These are opinions personal to me and I haven't got the time or energy to justify them on a phone. 

People can enjoy what they like and should. But personally I say keep an open mind, try and understand other genres and how they affect their audience. We have a wealth of music more accessible today than ever before. Your own tastes might change with time, although for me they have broadened rather than narrowed. Ultimately it's all ephemeral of course. Such is life. We all die and the 33 reaches the end of the groove. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1