General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

@Toonpackand their lass filling in the time now he's retired. :good:

Toonpack looking great, his Mrs. could do with a trim, mind, and that blue check shirt does nowt for her. 

• Haha 5

I liked the first two albums, and then thought it was largely a procession of genuine shite with a few good songs dropped in here and there. I would class myself as a fan though, but I couldn't be less interested in this. 

The return and all the will they/won't they that preceded it. 

I am interested to see the shock horror response to the price of the tickets though. 

• Like 2

Quite liked Definitely Maybe but I don’t think it’s aged that well. I like ‘Columbia’ and honestly that’s about it. I mean out of their whole back catalogue, not just their first album. But while I think their music is largely bland shite, it’ll be absolutely nothing compared to the horror that will be the audience at these concerts. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aye.  First two albums were canny, and there's maybe another dozen at a push songs after those that I like.

Pulp were still the best of the "Britpop" bands imo :cuppa:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is it then…. Noel’s divorce tour :lol: 

Has the UK changed time zones from Ireland? Fucking Brexit.

• Haha 3

Saw Noel at a venue 7 mins from where I live earlier this year. Second half of which was an Oasis fest. Left before the encore. They’ve been played to fuckin death, him and his brother were refreshingly normal council estate kids 30 years ago but now they’re boring middle aged wankers like the rest of us…so yeah, judging by what’s being said on a couple of WhatsApp groups someone will be trying to get me a ticket 😆

• Haha 2

As an "alternative" kid In the mid 90s I was banging out Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Green Day, Rancid, Offspring, RATM, Soundgarden etc.

I never got on the whole Britpop/Indie train so can thankfully watch the scramble for tickets from afar! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I liked the first two albums, and then thought it was largely a procession of genuine shite with a few good songs dropped in here and there. I would class myself as a fan though, but I couldn't be less interested in this. 

The return and all the will they/won't they that preceded it. 

I am interested to see the shock horror response to the price of the tickets though. 

Same here though I did see them a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed them at the time. 

I've no interest in the reunion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I never got on the whole Britpop/Indie train so can thankfully watch the scramble for tickets from afar! 

Tbh it even felt quite manufactured at the time. The peak being the Blur v Oasis and who was going to be number one. I think I’ve mentioned it on here before but it came on the news about it when a few of us were round at my mates. We’d all have been in our early twenties and literally none of us gave a shite. Also I’m not sure how much in common, beyond being guitar based indie groups, a lot of the bands actually had with each other. 
Having said that, Oasis were undoubtedly a huge phenomenon. As evidenced by the amount of twats walking around looking like they simultaneously had a stone in their shoe, had shit their pants and were carrying two rolls of invisible carpet 

• Haha 8

29 minutes ago, NJS said:

Same here though I did see them a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed them at the time. 

I've no interest in the reunion. 

Same. There definitely was something about them live. A weird amount of energy produced on stage by blokes who barely shifted. 

I suspect that energy has long since left the room. :lol:

It'll be impossible to get an objective view on how this goes though. There'll be a huge majority who won't say it was anything other than the 90s all over again, and a minority who have already decided today that they're gonna say it was shite. 

The best thing about this is going to be the pictures of lads in the 40/50’s who never grew out of the “scene” but certainly got a lot fatter, and I can’t wait.

• Haha 5

Big round faces and double chins with bad dye-jobs on their wispy sideburns. Burberry shirts with serious button-gape. The return of the monkey-walk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I hope they open with "Little James" just to fuck with everyone. £300 for a ticket, at least the same for travel and accommodation, beers a tenner each at venue prices, and then:

Live for your TOOOOOOOOYS

Even though they make NOOOOOOOOISE

24 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I hope they open with "Little James" just to fuck with everyone. £300 for a ticket, at least the same for travel and accommodation, beers a tenner each at venue prices, and then:

Live for your TOOOOOOOOYS

Even though they make NOOOOOOOOISE

Is that the actual ticket price or is it just speculation? 

Just exaggerating for effect - I'm sure the top ticket band will be well into three figures because that's big gigs for you these days, but I hope for everyone's sake it won't be quite that bad. The drinks prices, on the other hand... 😬

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Don’t we all?

IMG_3462.jpeg

It says it’s out of spite but do they know if the fish said anything to annoy them first? 
Makes you think 

• Haha 2