General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You've forgotten about how beautiful parts of County Durham are, and how grimy parts of Newcastle are. Therefore your reasoned argument is wrong.

:lol:

Yeah, that's the usual response. Apparently yes, yes, Newcastle city centre is better than Sunderland but their suburbs are much nicer. Apart from Newcastle city centre, all you have is the likes of Scotswood, Fenham, Cowgate, and Byker. Whereas they have, erm, Ashbrook and Seaburn. 

Firstly, those two Sunderland suburbs are no great shakes, I have been there. Secondly, I actually don't think Byker and many areas of the West End are that bad (don't really know it that well tbh). Thirdly, they seem to have forgotten about Jesmond, West Jesmond, Gosforth, Spital Tongues, Heaton/Sandyford (up and coming), and Benton etc,  not to mention areas of North Tyneside like Tynemouth, Whitley Bay, Monkseaton, even places like Preston or the fish quay. Also nice areas of Gateshead and South Tyneside. The proof is in the pudding ultimately, with house prices being substantially more in Tyneside than Wearside. If these places in Sunderland are really so nice, why are they so cheap? Incidentally you can buy a penthouse flat in Sunderland city centre for £70k and a normal 2 bed one for less than half that! 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It’s a bit of a reach calling a terraced house loft conversion a penthouse mind.

Well, its in this building by the river. Probably near half a million in the Newcastle equivalent? I'd be tempted to buy it as an investment but then I remember its in Sunderland.

image.png.3916a92f9987b687687bfb9898288e76.png

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Well, its in this building by the river. Probably near half a million in the Newcastle equivalent? I'd be tempted to buy it as an investment but then I remember its in Sunderland.

image.png.3916a92f9987b687687bfb9898288e76.png

If it had a helipad on the roof you could fly in and out without ever actually setting foot in sunderland, but you’d still have the smell to deal with, and the burning shame whenever you had to give your address. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, that's the usual response. Apparently yes, yes, Newcastle city centre is better than Sunderland but their suburbs are much nicer. Apart from Newcastle city centre, all you have is the likes of Scotswood, Fenham, Cowgate, and Byker. Whereas they have, erm, Ashbrook and Seaburn. 

Firstly, those two Sunderland suburbs are no great shakes, I have been there. Secondly, I actually don't think Byker and many areas of the West End are that bad (don't really know it that well tbh). Thirdly, they seem to have forgotten about Jesmond, West Jesmond, Gosforth, Spital Tongues, Heaton/Sandyford (up and coming), and Benton etc,  not to mention areas of North Tyneside like Tynemouth, Whitley Bay, Monkseaton, even places like Preston or the fish quay. Also nice areas of Gateshead and South Tyneside. The proof is in the pudding ultimately, with house prices being substantially more in Tyneside than Wearside. If these places in Sunderland are really so nice, why are they so cheap? Incidentally you can buy a penthouse flat in Sunderland city centre for £70k and a normal 2 bed one for less than half that! 

Don't forget about North Gosforth, formerly Wideopen. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

And Low Gosforth, aka Longbenton Estate

You're on to something. Why not market Sunderland as..... drum roll ....... South Newcastle? 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

You're on to something. Why not market Sunderland as..... drum roll ....... South Newcastle? 

Doesn’t really roll off the tongue though, does it? 

Whereas, Northborough…

• Haha 4

On 05/08/2024 at 17:46, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240805-174444.png.3d23dce74736946f1e3db750f1eba185.png

I think the Honeymonster might be going away for a while. 

BTW, is that Greggs gingerbread in his hand on the left photo. Hope it was worth it mate. And some soap from Lush. :lol:

Four years and eight months :lol: 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

Four years and eight months :lol: 

8 months for the looting. 4 years for the shirt 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Alex said:

8 months for the looting. 4 years for the shirt 

I used to drink in a clurb in Walker, long shut, that had about three blokes who looked just like him that would get in. If they weren't handing out the domino cards they were handing out the roast tatties and sausages on a Sunday afternoon. They'd have a wife and kids but you never saw them or their families anywhere outside of the club, walking around the area/shops etc. Ever. :good:

• Haha 2

On 16/08/2024 at 10:06, Renton said:

70k????

you can’t get a garage in London for that 

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

36 years of marriage today. Can you imagine having to spend thirty fucking six years with me :lol: 

Congratulations! No wonder the young CT looked like the cat who got the cream.

I'm guessing Mrs CT must really love sofas.

image.png.0b8fac918b05872a857ae83e2a11832b.png

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Congratulations! No wonder the young CT looked like the cat who got the cream.

I'm guessing Mrs CT must really love sofas.

image.png.0b8fac918b05872a857ae83e2a11832b.png

:lol: I’d kill for that hair now.

I looking like a dashing 2nd world war pilot :) 

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I got my dna done last week and I am 40% Scottish, 37% Irish, 13% English, 6% Norse and 4% Welsh.

Who did you get it done through? I've thought about doing that. 

PS 4% sheepshagger looks too low. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Who did you get it done through? I've thought about doing that. 

PS 4% sheepshagger looks too low. 

Sounds like complete bullshit to me. What does it even mean, DNA doesn't recognise national borders. What possible use is this knowledge?