General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Last few days all got a bit much for me.  Weds nights I usually ride with the lads, have a smash fest and then finish with a lemonade.  Last night I just cba and wanted to be on me todd.  Thankfully I live close to some great MTB trails and beautiful countryside.  So I went out for a solo smash on the MTB mixed with some sitting on a bench enjoying beautiful views down the Wharfe Valley.  I felt a lot better when I got home, I was only out for just over an hour.  I then saw these anti-fascist marches when I got home and felt even better.

About a 10 min MTB ride from me is where they film t'Emmerdale and when I cycled past last night they were filming.  I tried to see if t'old Betty was there for a quick snog but she wasn't, apparently t'Seth and t'Amos were too busy wiv er.

IMG20240807182227.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

We need humane and realistic solutions to this

We could execute all the racists, make room for them? 

I’ll swing an axe ( it’s the most environmentally friendly way to dispatch). 

• Like 1

Screenshot_20240808_082428_X.thumb.jpg.9fc9bc766a6d8a645ec5d4555eea371f.jpg

The daft little cunts could learn a thing or two from this great man. I've never seen the police arrest someone for simply enjoying a succulent Chinese meal since. Man changed the world.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

The daft little cunts could learn a thing or two from this great man. I've never seen the police arrest someone for simply enjoying a succulent Chinese meal since. Man changed the world.

GET YOUR HAND OFF MY PENIS! 

Rip to Democracy manifest. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Last few days all got a bit much for me.  Weds nights I usually ride with the lads, have a smash fest and then finish with a lemonade.  Last night I just cba and wanted to be on me todd.  Thankfully I live close to some great MTB trails and beautiful countryside.  So I went out for a solo smash on the MTB mixed with some sitting on a bench enjoying beautiful views down the Wharfe Valley.  I felt a lot better when I got home, I was only out for just over an hour.  I then saw these anti-fascist marches when I got home and felt even better.

About a 10 min MTB ride from me is where they film t'Emmerdale and when I cycled past last night they were filming.  I tried to see if t'old Betty was there for a quick snog but she wasn't, apparently t'Seth and t'Amos were too busy wiv er.

IMG20240807182227.jpg

just as a bit of an aside to this....

I've been going to wetherby occasionally for more than 40 years, usually as a stop off for something to drink or eat on the way back from a match, it's pretty fair to say in the 80s as a newcastle supporter you weren't made to feel particularly welcome.

anyway, was up home last weekend to see me mother as she's been in hospital and on the way back we stopped at wetherby and imagine my surprise to discover it's got a fucking river running through the middle of it that I'd never seen before!

me and mrs tbd sat eating our fish and chips next to the weir on a beautiful summers evening, absolutely lush down there.

I like wetherby!   :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

wonder why these cunts have decided to stick any threads about protests/riots/counter demonstrations in parsnip? odd.

2086571176_Screenshot_20240808_064508_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d112782f1c09f4ac6b62e6baa88f0c89.jpg

The admin say political threads stop their advertising revenue.

Tbf to the SMB and fans of massive lads, 95% have spoken against the far right demonstrations. But I can't help thinking, many of that 95% are the same people who routinely make racists and islamophobic comments about our ownership, or mysogynistic comments about Amanda Stavely. I wonder if this situation will make them reappraise their opinions and realise that all racism is unacceptab;e? Somehow I doubt it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

imagine my surprise to discover it's got a fucking river running through the middle of it that I'd never seen before!

:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

bizarre mind.

superb fish and chip shop is the wetherby whaler, seems most of the population of the town had also been there and took their dinner down by the weir to eat.

the river's obviously a bit of a local attraction, unsurprisingly, its lush down there, kids playing in the water, parents with a bottle of wine, ice cream stalls and a lovely atmosphere. smack bang in the middle of town and it was the first time I'd ever clapped eyes on it!   :)

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I've been going to wetherby occasionally for more than 40 years, usually as a stop off for something to drink or eat on the way back from a match, it's pretty fair to say in the 80s as a newcastle supporter you weren't made to feel particularly welcome.

anyway, was up home last weekend to see me mother as she's been in hospital and on the way back we stopped at wetherby and imagine my surprise to discover it's got a fucking river running through the middle of it that I'd never seen before!

me and mrs tbd sat eating our fish and chips next to the weir on a beautiful summers evening, absolutely lush down there.

As a kid we would go to that spot for fish and chips and it was great.

When I got older we would have a night out in Wetherby and the locals don't like outsiders especially when chatting their women up :lol:

I was once doing a survey in Wetherby and got a coffee and noticed that they had spelt Wharfe wrong on the sign on the bridge.  I was walking across the bridge, got to the otherside where the other sign was, and that was correct :lol: Fucking muppets.  They got a strongly worded email anyways :cuppa:

The Costa opposite the chippy when Bielsa was Leeds gaffer you would often see him sat outside having a coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I assume Mrs TBD was driving :whistle:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, MMXXVIII said:

Sad news. Was just talking about this legend last week. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Having it both ways is his modus operandi tbh (see Brexit) 

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

:lol: I love a happy ending 

• Haha 3

The lads that used to make him feel unwelcome were probably away rioting. 

"Ya wha? t'purple uddeh were eeyuh when us was chasing t'fookin Muslims. Fookin liberteh."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

As a kid we would go to that spot for fish and chips and it was great.

When I got older we would have a night out in Wetherby and the locals don't like outsiders especially when chatting their women up :lol:

I was once doing a survey in Wetherby and got a coffee and noticed that they had spelt Wharfe wrong on the sign on the bridge.  I was walking across the bridge, got to the otherside where the other sign was, and that was correct :lol: Fucking muppets.  They got a strongly worded email anyways :cuppa:

The Costa opposite the chippy when Bielsa was Leeds gaffer you would often see him sat outside having a coffee.

"Wharfe" spelt wrong.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Thoughts. Every frame reminds me a Cold War Steve montage without the politicians.

Also the author should add the magic round about theme tune to it for the full effect. 

• Like 3

I mean well played on turning your life around mate, but listening to him tell this story of going to a library and hospitalising 17 people with his NF and BNP mates, and only as people were getting hit with hammers and their heads stamped on, did he realise "I've got this totally wrong, I'm on the wrong side". 

It's almost like something out of a mockumentary. 

Predictably the replies are all about Hope Not Hate being scumbags.