General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

46 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Beautiful 

Don’t mock. Give him a year or three and he’ll be knocking on your door selling overpriced sponge scourers. 
Why are they always from Teesside btw? 

• Haha 4

Is this the point where the arrests and the quick and heavy sentences start to have a deterrent affect? And the point where those demonstrating against the rioters regain control of the streets?

It’s not clear where any far-right protesters will actually be able to go at the Newcastle demonstration tonight.

Counter-demonstrators shouting “refugees welcome” and “Nazi scum off our streets” have taken over the pavement in front of the Beacon Centre, which was listed as a place where anti-immigration protesters and the far-right would gather tonight.

Numbers appear to be approaching up to a thousand people now. 

The local imam said they had been scared to come here after the violence this week, but they wanted to show the real side of Newcastle and were reassured by the presence of so many people. They chanted “Geordies united will never be defeated".

Tonight will be a test of whether those arrests, custodial sentences and the desire of others to come out and take a stand against the violence will have an impact on those who intended to riot.

• Like 1

Restored a bit of my faith in humanity this. Nice reminder that the facists are a vocal minority and most normal people don't hate people because of their religion or skin colour 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

So it’s been a funny old week for a fence sitter… was invited to join this FB group about a likely riot in Bournemouth (3 hotels with migrants) a week Sunday…

https://www.facebook.com/share/g/cMUmNSehZwDgaS4y/?mibextid=K35XfP

Then yesterday I got a txt from an old mate asking  if I was up for this :D 

IMG_5350.jpeg

Double booked! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was prepared to go down and stand in their doorway as if the doorway was the small pass at Thermopylae and I was Leonidas and kick the fuck out of anyone trying to harm the young lasses in there but I'll not bother now. (Lucky escape for the slack jawed divvies if they even thought about it iyam). :thumbsup:

anime movie sparta GIF

• Haha 2

Last night demonstrated that people who share Farage’s views continue to be in the minority.  Farage should be imprisoned for his perpetual hate speech and social media needs to seriously reconsider its ability to foster and sustain bubbles of hatred. Elon Musk is, somewhat incredibly, a moronic billionaire who should reconsider his ketamine “therapy”.   

Migration is only going to continue as our attempts to mitigate climate change have been pathetic and inequality expands. The countries that can afford to adapt will look increasingly attractive to those that can’t. We need humane and realistic solutions to this. 

Anger in the UK should be directed toward those who have exploited, divided and lied to us for generations. Not people who are, mostly, just seeking a half-decent life.

• Like 5