General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

What a massive shitebag. Trying to appear all statesmanlike while snivelling out lines like "James O'Brien called them Farage Riots, he's inciting violence towards me and I've had to increase my personal security" which I've taken to mean "oh shit the authorities and counter protesters haven't taken the bait. I desperately need to portray myself a victim of incitement before I get accused of incitement again".

And contradicting himself with lines like "we have to realise that none of these people crossing illegally on boats will ever be granted asylum" but "they're the ones taking up all the private let's and social housing".

I'm not entirely sure many of his base will have the attention span to have watched the entire 8 minutes of that, so I imagine it'll get cut up into short soundbites he'll feed to them like dog treats on TikTok or YouTube shorts. 

I'm sickened by a lot of the events we've seen unfold, but I'm quite reassured that it's mostly a  a minority of over-emboldened dickheads that will simmer down once the football season kicks off. Most of them probably just the types of brainless thugs that were too thick to work out how to actually get to Germany this summer after having voted to leave the EU. 

I'm sure they'll simmer down and go back to punching walls or kicking their dogs once they see their pals land jail time and Farage and co selling them down the river.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

They're meant to be meeting tomorrow night outside some immigration centre on Westgate Road. 

I understand that a list of lawyers acting for immigrants has been circulated by these RW thugs, presumably to incite violence against them.  The firm I used to work for is a large immigration law firm on Westgate Road, so they are probably a bit worried. :( 

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

What a massive shitebag. Trying to appear all statesmanlike while snivelling out lines like "James O'Brien called them Farage Riots, he's inciting violence towards me and I've had to increase my personal security" which I've taken to mean "oh shit the authorities and counter protesters haven't taken the bait. I desperately need to portray myself a victim of incitement before I get accused of incitement again".

And contradicting himself with lines like "we have to realise that none of these people crossing illegally on boats will ever be granted asylum" but "they're the ones taking up all the private let's and social housing".

I'm not entirely sure many of his base will have the attention span to have watched the entire 8 minutes of that, so I imagine it'll get cut up into short soundbites he'll feed to them like dog treats on TikTok or YouTube shorts. 

I'm sickened by a lot of the events we've seen unfold, but I'm quite reassured that it's mostly a  a minority of over-emboldened dickheads that will simmer down once the football season kicks off. Most of them probably just the types of brainless thugs that were too thick to work out how to actually get to Germany this summer after having voted to leave the EU. 

I'm sure they'll simmer down and go back to punching walls or kicking their dogs once they see their pals land jail time and Farage and co selling them down the river.

I only got to the bit when he starts sifting blame - which is about 1 min in.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I only got to the bit when he starts sifting blame - which is about 1 min in.

Surprised it was that long to be honest. He's an absolute liability who is responsible in part for whipping up feeling last week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I doubt any of that is accurate. 

So do I. The orcs came out their burrows  on to the streets after being radicalised and loosely organised at some point but the current troubles came after three coincedental incidents; Harehills, Manchester Airport and the tragedy in Southport. 

• Like 4

just been catching up a bit on this thread, some very good posts and a lot of understandable concern.

a glimmer of hope for me at least is further reading some of the court case reports, the amount of these cunts being charged with violent disorder and remanded, then breaking down in tears in court is fucking hilarious, the pathetic twats.

fast track some of these 'men' and women for that matter through the system and start dishing out 8-10 year sentences and the disorder will quickly fizzle out.

• Like 4

Aye, the earliest sentencing dates I've seen so far are for early September, which seems a long way off given what's going on at the minute. 

Not sure why, if someone pleads guilty, a month needs to pass before they get told the consequences. 

Unless I've just missed some stuff that's happening sooner. 

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, the earliest sentencing dates I've seen so far are for early September, which seems a long way off given what's going on at the minute. 

Not sure why, if someone pleads guilty, a month needs to pass before they get told the consequences. 

Unless I've just missed some stuff that's happening sooner. 

Often need pre-sentencing probation reports to decide on the appropriate sentence.  I assume the probation service is likely to be under some strain soon. 

Also, Magistrates Courts can only sentence up to 6 months, so matters are remanded to the Crown Court.  Or they used to be in the olden days.

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

So do I. The orcs came out their burrows  on to the streets after being radicalised and loosely organised at some point but the current troubles came after three coincedental incidents; Harehills, Manchester Airport and the tragedy in Southport. 

I don’t, however, think it’s too far fetched to suggest certain forces are primed to try and instigate this sort of thing when the opportunity arises. There’s some coordination but, as with everything, there isn’t sone overarching control. A lot of it is a chaotic chain of events. That doesn’t mean the usual suspects shouldn’t be held to account for fanning the flames of course. Particularly with how serious it’s become 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t, however, think it’s too far fetched to suggest certain forces are primed to try and instigate this sort of thing when the opportunity arises. There’s some coordination but, as with everything, there isn’t sone overarching control. A lot of it is a chaotic chain of events. That doesn’t mean the usual suspects shouldn’t be held to account for fanning the flames of course. Particularly with how serious it’s become 

Aye I think there's definitely coordination once there's a trigger point. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that there's Russian involvement in it. 

I just think the idea that Sunak knew it was coming and called the election to avoid having to deal with it, is very far fetched. 

Peter Junkes needs to just pipe down with wacky theories like that. He's got a fairly significant audience and this is just another arm of the "just asking questions" brigade. 

• Like 3

I'm seeing more and more segments of that LBC Farage had yesterday. It's an absolute car crash for him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm seeing more and more segments of that LBC Farage had yesterday. It's an absolute car crash for him. 

Even before the rioting a few on here predicted he’d be pig sick of being an MP before long. Due to the greater scrutiny it would bring to his views, his past, his financial dealings etc. He’s fine when he’s prepared about what he’s going to say but he gets very prickly the moment he’s challenged.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I think there's definitely coordination once there's a trigger point. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that there's Russian involvement in it. 

I just think the idea that Sunak knew it was coming and called the election to avoid having to deal with it, is very far fetched. 

Peter Junkes needs to just pipe down with wacky theories like that. He's got a fairly significant audience and this is just another arm of the "just asking questions" brigade. 

Absolutely agree with this. It's been something that's been simmering under the surface waiting for a racial flash point where right-wing fascists think they have a legitimate platform to react. 

And now that it's been proven their basis for going on the offensive was nonsense, they're trying to turn it on the authorities and government for not letting them know in advance. What utter nonsense!! 

The undertone I take from Farage trying desperately to defend himself on LBC yesterday is that if it had turned out have been an asylum seeker / Muslim / both, the action taken by the far right would have been justified in his eyes. That's an appalling position for a sitting MP to take, let alone a party leader. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Even before the rioting a few on here predicted he’d be pig sick of being an MP before long. Due to the greater scrutiny it would bring to his views, his past, his financial dealings etc. He’s fine when he’s prepared about what he’s going to say but he gets very prickly the moment he’s challenged.

Aye, it suits him to be be a political commentator with no consequences as to what comes out of his mouth. It's a shame parliament is in recess because I fully expect the rest of the house would have absolutely eviscerated him for his response to what has gone on this last week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Makes you think :cuppa:

Agred with all the other responses about this but would add that it shows the right wing just can't accept democracy. Many of these wingnuts are demanding another GE. Hardly a seismic observation I know.

Also kudos for the term "broligarchs" to describe Musk and his tech peers. It's time these cunts were put into the same basket as Abromivic et al. Difference is, these cunts don't even try to hide they are subverting democracy. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 5

I'm gonna give Blue Sky a go instead of twitter. Sounds like there's been a canny uplift on people shifting over there the past couple of days.