General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

5 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Hopefully. There's a less than 0% chance they'll find the complete frontal lobes of many "rioters" somewhere in his back passage. 100% chance they'll at least be able to cross reference some saliva traces to folk they've already lifted though.

:sick:

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Means held in prison until their trial and not offered bail I think. Would be standard for this sort carry on. Also there is relatively high prison capacity at present after recent emergency measures lead to early releases 

Remanded just means the matter has been adjourned to a later date and you are then either remanded on bail or in custody.  I assume that it is used here to mean custody, but generally speaking it can mean either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Be way quicker these days with the data tools available.

As Gemmill posted, the fact that they post everything on social media will help.  Makes the Court process simpler if you have posted a confession. :) 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

img_1_1722885310369.jpg

Not just that. These ‘patriotic’ pliable fuckwits types are literally doing the bidding of hostile foreign powers. Who are looking to destabilise the country and its new government using Facebook etc. In the wake of a previous regime that’s left the police woefully undermanned and the criminal justice system at breaking point. It’s not just terrorism and political violence. It’sp coordinated acts of treason. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Remanded just means the matter has been adjourned to a later date and you are then either remanded on bail or in custody.  I assume that it is used here to mean custody, but generally speaking it can mean either.

nah.

you'd be released on bail to an adjourned hearing, remanded will almost certainly be in custody.

not that I'd have a fucking clue about this sort of thing, obviously.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If just oil are getting 4 years then i suspect someone who has set light to a hotel will get a lot more.

Someone on twitter quoted the law for what crime that constitutes, 12 years was the maximum evidently.

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If just oil are getting 4 years then i suspect someone who has set light to a hotel will get a lot more.

Knowing our justice system I doubt it.

It's interesting that these slack-jawed wankers always smash their own towns/cities up and shout at Novotels, but never take the problem to the decision makers' doorsteps. Almost like it's secret service led.

• Jaysus... 1

51 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

For the people who actually set the hotel alight, I would hope (and expect) they will get done for arson, attempted murder, and/or a terrorism related crime. Life. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol: Reap what you sow my love.  Reap what you sow.

The account appears to have been deleted. Any ideas what this was about? Presuming her gadgie was up to no good during the riots and got publicly outed?

So my Mum has joined this ridiculous band wagon. "We've lost our culture". She can't define things any more than that. When I pressed her she said she doesn't like the food any more, as if she is forced to eat ethnic food. She wants the UK to go back to the great culinary times of the 1950s and post war rationing. She is outraged there is a halal Subway in west Newcastle, despite the fact she would NEVER eat in a fast food restaurant.

I absolutely hate having a racist mum (sounds like a Viz character), I find it really hard to deal with. I visit her every day as she is next door and alone, but just dread the absolute racist shite she comes out with and sometimes have to leave rather than have a shouting match. For the record, she doesn't read any of the usual suspect papers (reads the Observer once a week), doesn't watch GBeebies, and doesn't go online. She just doesn't like black or Asian people and freely admits she is a racist (which troubles her as she knows it conflicts with her christianity). Her mum, my Gran, was an extreme racist and I remember being disgusted even at the age of 10, never liked her. I guess she gets it from her although that's no excuse really is it? 

Anyway, I've told her fine, be a racist, but just don't express your views in front of me or my family. She responds that "she's not allowed to say what she feels" and she is being censored. I mean, believe me, I have a lot of dark thoughts in my head, and let me tell you that's where they are staying! :lol: I gues with age your filters just wear out hence the absolute cack babble some old people come out with. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

The account appears to have been deleted. Any ideas what this was about? Presuming her gadgie was up to no good during the riots and got publicly outed?

She said that they should set fire to the kids in the hotels etc.  Shes a registered fucking childminder man.

Her husband is a Tory MP

• Jaysus... 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

She said that they should set fire to the kids in the hotels etc.  Shes a registered fucking childminder man.

Her husband is a Tory MP

Fucking hell. :(

1 minute ago, Renton said:

So my Mum has joined this ridiculous band wagon. "We've lost our culture". She can't define things any more than that. When I pressed her she said she doesn't like the food any more, as if she is forced to eat ethnic food. She wants the UK to go back to the great culinary times of the 1950s and post war rationing. She is outraged there is a halal Subway in west Newcastle, despite the fact she would NEVER eat in a fast food restaurant.

I absolutely hate having a racist mum (sounds like a Viz character), I find it really hard to deal with. I visit her every day as she is next door and alone, but just dread the absolute racist shite she comes out with and sometimes have to leave rather than have a shouting match. For the record, she doesn't read any of the usual suspect papers (reads the Observer once a week), doesn't watch GBeebies, and doesn't go online. She just doesn't like black or Asian people and freely admits she is a racist (which troubles her as she knows it conflicts with her christianity). Her mum, my Gran, was an extreme racist and I remember being disgusted even at the age of 10, never liked her. I guess she gets it from her although that's no excuse really is it? 

Anyway, I've told her fine, be a racist, but just don't express your views in front of me or my family. She responds that "she's not allowed to say what she feels" and she is being censored. I mean, believe me, I have a lot of dark thoughts in my head, and let me tell you that's where they are staying! :lol: I gues with age your filters just wear out hence the absolute cack babble some old people come out with. 

My dad was the same and he was Irish.  I asked him once did he remember the signs in B&B's saying 'no blacks no irish no dogs' and he said yes. :lol: 

My brother's mother in law sounds like your mum and now my aunty is doing similar.  Reading shite on fucking social media and sharing it without any thought at all.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

For the people who actually set the hotel alight, I would hope (and expect) they will get done for arson, attempted murder, and/or a terrorism related crime. Life. 

I honestly think these people are so profoundly stupid they don't realise the world of shit they're facing if they're identified.

there's a whole world of difference between getting caught up in the whole mob thing, waving your arms about, confronting the police/somebody with opposing views. we've all probably seen similar at football matches, maybe even caught up in it once the adrenaline starts running. 

breach of the peace, even affray I think the liklihood is you're gonna just feel it financially, maybe have six months worth of saturday mornings painting old folk houses. 

setting fire to hotels with people in.... you'll be lucky to get out of prison having not served double figures in years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Her husband is a Tory MP

Tory councillor 👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Her husband is a Tory MP

Fucking hell man. Imagine spouting that shit and then crying that people give you shit for it. Typical behaviour from these cunts though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Fucking hell man. Imagine spouting that shit and then crying that people give you shit for it. Typical behaviour from these cunts though.

And they're all blaming Starmer of course.

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

My wife was saying she's had to "snooze" my sister's content on Facebook. I've said "fine, but please don't tell me what she's posting as I really don't want to have to hate my sister". 

She hasn't mentioned my mam. Yet. 

• Haha 6

I've not given an update on the Bin Dipper for a while.  He's been a good lad, got his head down after a bollocking and seems to be getting a bit serious with a bird.

ANYWAY'S

She has gone away for a week with her mates.  So this weekend he's been fucking baked all weekend.  Apparently he wasn't in yesterday as his 'daughter was ill' and today he comes in looking a complete mess :lol: He's got a GP's appointment at 10:00 as he feels a little dizzy.  Fuck me :lol: lads never gonna learn.

• Haha 4