General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I agree with every single word of this, and I really hate to be that guy again, but I wish Starmer would put this argument. We all know it's true, and his chances of being successful without making it shrink horribly

If he did, what would happen given the current state of the country? Would it calm things down or yet again would Farage and co. send out his henchmen to wreck our communities spreading the betrayal narrative? And again, what do you think the opinion of the EU would be, especially if the mere mention of rejoin ferments violent social unrest? What's the point of making an argument for something that is essentially untenable for decades? 

Farage broke what we had, probably irreversibly in our life times. And despite this, he is continuing to dominate the narrative and destroy the country. I hate the cunt with every fibre of my being. My anger and hatred are directed solely at hime and his accomplices, not people like Starmer who need a lot of time to move the ship in the right direction imo. Not 4 weeks. Starmer is literally fire fighting the damage the tories have done currently. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Love the bracketed content. When it says remanded, is that them spending the next month in jail til Sep 2? Or will they be out on bail? 

Usually means kept in prison I think. If there is bail, hope its an amount she can't afford. 

• Like 2

Labour are clearly working on closer relations with the EU. I'm hopeful that some sort of free movement for young people will come to pass. 

Now is clearly not the time for any of that though, as Renton says. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Usually means kept in prison I think. If there is bail, hope its an amount she can't afford. 

Probably starting to dawn on some of these people now, just how much they've fucked themselves. And now seeing Robinson and Farage look to distance themselves from it, realising they've been completely had. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That list. As far as I can tell does not involve any of the Reform constituencies. That's a big clue who is behind this imo. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

Means held in prison until their trial and not offered bail I think. Would be standard for this sort carry on. Also there is relatively high prison capacity at present after recent emergency measures lead to early releases 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

We humble mobile service engineers have just received this thoughtful exercise in arse covering from our senior management ☺️

Aldershot is a regular visit for me personally. Trouble there the other night and on the list for Wednesday. Got to say it’s the place where I see the most obvious and profound example of British multi cultural life but it’s not Moslem, Sikh, Hindu, Jewish or African…. It’s the fucking Gurkhas.. I know who my money is on if it goes off :D 

IMG_5335.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

If he did, what would happen given the current state of the country? Would it calm things down or yet again would Farage and co. send out his henchmen to wreck our communities spreading the betrayal narrative? And again, what do you think the opinion of the EU would be, especially if the mere mention of rejoin ferments violent social unrest? What's the point of making an argument for something that is essentially untenable for decades? 

Farage broke what we had, probably irreversibly in our life times. And despite this, he is continuing to dominate the narrative and destroy the country. I hate the cunt with every fibre of my being. My anger and hatred are directed solely at hime and his accomplices, not people like Starmer who need a lot of time to move the ship in the right direction imo. Not 4 weeks. Starmer is literally fire fighting the damage the tories have done currently. 

I know where you are coming from but not making the argument for Europe and immigration has lead us to the place we are now in.

We have basically surrendered the policy position to the rabid right wing and the hate mob.

I may be cynical but I still believe the vast majority of people in this country are repulsed by the current behaviour, and rejoin is miles ahead in the polls, even with nobody putting forward its merits.

I do believe Starmer is a decent bloke, and is an efficient technocrat, but I agree he probably doesn't have the oratory skills to win the argument. Just wish he would try, he's basically untouchable for 5 years and the press will hammer him no matter what

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

We humble mobile service engineers have just received this thoughtful exercise in arse covering from our senior management ☺️

Aldershot is a regular visit for me personally. Trouble there the other night and on the list for Wednesday. Got to say it’s the place where I see the most obvious and profound example of British multi cultural life but it’s not Moslem, Sikh, Hindu, Jewish or African…. It’s the fucking Gurkhas.. I know who my money is on if it goes off :D 

IMG_5335.jpeg

Panic on the streets of London

Panic on the streets of Aldershot........

Dance Grandpa GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, Renton said:

Panic on the streets of London

Panic on the streets of Aldershot........

Dance Grandpa GIF

Tbf that cunt will be lapping up the current situation… rancid old bastard 😒

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I know where you are coming from but not making the argument for Europe and immigration has lead us to the place we are now in.

We have basically surrendered the policy position to the rabid right wing and the hate mob.

I may be cynical but I still believe the vast majority of people in this country are repulsed by the current behaviour, and rejoin is miles ahead in the polls, even with nobody putting forward its merits.

I do believe Starmer is a decent bloke, and is an efficient technocrat, but I agree he probably doesn't have the oratory skills to win the argument. Just wish he would try, he's basically untouchable for 5 years and the press will hammer him no matter what

I dunno like. The argument was made. It failed because of lies from snakes oil salesmen like Farage funded by Russia. Since then, nothing has changed except these people have become even bolder and now it is manifesting itself as racist violence. Society is split more than it has ever been. 

Starmer doesn't need to convince you or me, maybe even the majority of people. He does need to lower the current tensions though, not add petrol to them. There will be a time for this. Probably not now though. 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Tbf that cunt will be lapping up the current situation… rancid old bastard 😒

Do you know him? I just thought it was a random old gif? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, they're being denied bail. Crybaby Curtis Coulson confirms. 

She's innocent. Just upset they closed the pub. Four weeks in custody should sobre her up.

image.png.cade7c07ae71d348d536b046575f2b82.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I mean IF she's got drink and mental health problems, then it is tragic that she's been caught up in it. She won't be the only one, I'm sure. 

There's gonna be some proper sad cases stuck in jail for a month. But people were burning down hotels, attacking black and brown people, setting cars on fire, and looting shops so it's sad that you got involved, but you did. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Love the bracketed content. When it says remanded, is that them spending the next month in jail til Sep 2? Or will they be out on bail? 

Is that Pontayland crown court they'll be getting sentenced at or have they given it another daft name? :cuppa:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Is that Pontayland crown court they'll be getting sentenced at or have they given it another daft name? :cuppa:

North Gateshead 👍🏻

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Mini Saudi Crown Court, marra. Going to be at his excellency's Mohammed Bin Salman's pleasure - That lass is getting stoned and the kid who cried is being thrown off a building.

• Haha 7