General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

On Radio 4 they've been playing the clip of Farage yesterday "just asking questions" about who might be responsible etc. 

Then they're asking Brendan Cox (husband of Jo) how he feels on hearing "a sitting MP saying things like that?" - he called Farage "Tommy Robinson in a suit". 

You'd hope this might be the BBC waking up to the role it's played in turning the bloke into a mainstream politician, and now an MP, but I doubt it. 

He'll still be a frequent flyer on Question Time when it comes back. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

On Radio 4 they've been playing the clip of Farage yesterday "just asking questions" about who might be responsible etc. 

Then they're asking Brendan Cox (husband of Jo) how he feels on hearing "a sitting MP saying things like that?" - he called Farage "Tommy Robinson in a suit". 

You'd hope this might be the BBC waking up to the role it's played in turning the bloke into a mainstream politician, and now an MP, but I doubt it. 

He'll still be a frequent flyer on Question Time when it comes back. 

You know that there just has to be some financial irregularity. Now that he's subject to the rules or parliament, surely he could fall under greater scrutiny?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You know that there just has to be some financial irregularity. Now that he's subject to the rules or parliament, surely he could fall under greater scrutiny?

Maybe they could allocate the resources  used to investigating Angela Rayner’s lack of criminal activity. I’m sure the right wing press will throw their weight behind it too

• Like 1

Just reading the Huw Edward’s story on SKY and the last bit is quite scary.

(NOT a defence of Noncy Edward’s, just more a warning of careful who has your contact details).

IMG_6059.jpeg

Just now, wykikitoon said:

C T making notes for future

on his apple watch

• Haha 3

Tell you what, it’s no fun having to deal with companies customer services these days. First you have to navigate through some useless AI assistant, who finally puts you through to a wrong department and then you spend the next hour getting passed around like a pissed cheer leader on prom night. How older people than me manage is beyond my comprehension.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Tell you what, it’s no fun having to deal with companies customer services these days. First you have to navigate through some useless AI assistant, who finally puts you through to a wrong department and then you spend the next hour getting passed around like a pissed cheer leader on prom night. How older people than me manage is beyond my comprehension.

Find some Customer Service Manager for the company on Linkedin, work out their company email, send them your complaint directly. Explain that you've been unable to get the help you need from their AI chat assistant, and have been bounced around departments. They should help you out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

getting passed around like a pissed cheer leader on prom night

This type of phrasing helps explain CT's concern about the Huw Edwards story. :whistle:

• Haha 6

Just had my one night away with wor lass, thanks again for the advice.  Which I naturally eschewed in favour of Headlam Hall which is absolutely delightful by any measure.  Had a canny week in Durham with my dad and managed a day in Whitley Bay when it, quite appropriately, absolutely lashed down as the kids played on the beach.  The beach itself is looking a bit fucked up though, lots and lots of sand has gone (iirc @Renton was talking about this last year).  Will it be just rock in 10 years?  

Her indoors loves it up there like, and is seriously suggesting we relocate to the north east.  I mean maybe we could, and I suppose I could reaccustom myself to strangers happily talking to you without fear in their eyes, or misery in their hearts.  Brighton has been fun but now with two kids in tow it's looking increasingly minging.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Just had my one night away with wor lass, thanks again for the advice.  Which I naturally eschewed in favour of Headlam Hall which is absolutely delightful by any measure.  Had a canny week in Durham with my dad and managed a day in Whitley Bay when it, quite appropriately, absolutely lashed down as the kids played on the beach.  The beach itself is looking a bit fucked up though, lots and lots of sand has gone (iirc @Renton was talking about this last year).  Will it be just rock in 10 years?  

Her indoors loves it up there like, and is seriously suggesting we relocate to the north east.  I mean maybe we could, and I suppose I could reaccustom myself to strangers happily talking to you without fear in their eyes, or misery in their hearts.  Brighton has been fun but now with two kids in tow it's looking increasingly minging.  

It's a geography lesson, long shore drift in action (hastened by the storms we got non-stop last winter). The sand has ended up on Longsands, especially the South end of the beach, and half the rocks are now buried under it. Mind, if you're living in Brighton how fucking dare you call Whitley Bay beach rocky. :lol:

I'd imagine if you've property to sell down there you could buy something canny up here. 

Oh Brighton beach is a fucking joke.  The only good thing about a pebbly beach is it makes one and all look like absolute mongs walking to the water.  

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I always thought you were batting for the other team :lol: Think it was some photo you had of you standing in a doorway in a suit and natty shoes.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I always thought you were batting for the other team :lol: Think it was some photo you had of you standing in a doorway in a suit and natty shoes.

bth6sm.JPG

"I always thought you were batting for the other team, Squire?"

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well dressed man living in Brighton.  It was obvious really.  

• Haha 4

On 12/10/2022 at 18:11, Monkeys Fist said:

She apparently sent a sympathy card to the parents of one of the babies she killed, and kept an image of it ( the card) on her phone. 
Grim. 

Lucy Letby trial: Nurse killed baby and sent parents card, trial told https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-63228147

An interesting view on the evidence presented.

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/special_reports/lucy-letby.pdf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1