General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

21 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. went to a “Lindisfarne” ** gig at Wylam Brewery at 1pm with her two sisters ( one of their partners is on the stage crew, so free gig). 
Parting words- “ I’ll be back about 5:00, I’m not drinking so I’ll get something for tea on the way back”

Just steamed in, absolutely Weebled, soooo, a swift trip to Friez and Burgz, and a top up of beverage at Sainsbury, and that’s me set for the match- she’ll be asleep in 20 minutes :lol:

** The current band have one original member- the drummer. 
It’s like serving up a Cornish Pastie and saying it’s Carbonara because both have pepper in them :lol:

Alan Hull (RIP) became a member of our quiz team at the Black Horse Monkseaton quiz nights thirty odd years ago. Lovely bloke.

Sank a few bottles of red wine perched against our mantlepiece at one of our house parties back in the day.

Of his songs, he hated Fog on the Tyne, Lady Eleanor was what he thought his best.

• Like 6

P.S. to the above (funny story, well I thought so). Lass I worked with, knew me, my brother and our dad went to the quiz night. One week she said, would you mind if me, my sister and her hubby came down. Was fine by me, as we were always outnumbered.

So we’re stood in the pub waiting and lass and her folks turn up, we all say hello and the fella says “anyone want a drink” and disappears to the bar. I turn to the lass (Jackie) and say “Christ, your brother in law is the spitting dabs of Alan Hull out of Lindisfarne” she simply replied “That’s coz he is” 😂

That is how I met Alan.

We quizzed as a team on and off for couple of years, Alan actually at one time ran his own quiz at the Maggy Bank in Shields. He loved a quiz 😂😂

• Like 6

I’ve made a grave error- the Lindisfarne Mrs. F. went to see isn’t the one with just the drummer, it’s the one with Rod Liddle* and Alan Hull’s son-in-law, who are apparently the “official” one, so…

… Spaghetti Bolognaise as opposed to Cornish Pasty. :lol:

* NOOOO! It’s Rod Clements, sorry. 

• Haha 3

Every single Greggs savoury pastry product looks greasy enough to be able slip through your entire digestion system and out the other end in one piece. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Every single Greggs savoury pastry product looks greasy enough to be able slip through your entire digestion system and out the other end in one piece. 

Can confirm.

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When you have IBS everything slips through your digestion system in one piece - only the piece is liquified. Except when it doesn’t slip at all, and the food you eat for a whole month form one big dry piece that only comes out once it’s tore through your hoop enough to live itself with the blood of the innocent.

• Haha 3

I see a just stop oil protestor just got sentenced to 5 years. I’m not always a fan of their tactics, as I think they piss off the people they should be trying to win over. But how the fuck is that remotely proportionate? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I see a just stop oil protestor just got sentenced to 5 years. I’m not always a fan of their tactics, as I think they piss off the people they should be trying to win over. But how the fuck is that remotely proportionate? 

One got 5 years and three others got 4 years each. It's outrageous.

Same judge let a copper off, with 12 months suspended, who had picked up a pissed lass outside a nightclub to "take her home safely", he shagged her in the back of his patrol car. Oh and he kept is job as a copper.

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 2

Just now, PaddockLad said:

:lol: 

Imagine the state of the bogs.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Right, settle an argument. Glakey is a common term, isn't it?

Well, the way you worded that it is clear what your opinion is. 

Therefore no, it is not. 

• Haha 5