General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hopefully. Supposed to be Keswick start of next week. I feel utterly exhausted though. 

None of my fucking business like but I really think you should go. You’ll feel better by then and communing with the great outdoors over there will do you the world of good. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, update. About 48 hours alcohol free. No cravings, just self loathing regret and fear. Plus physical symptoms of withdrawal, hopefully worst has already passed. 

Irony of my situation is I dont usually have anything stronger than beer in the house, and then not much. But won a couple of bottles of spirits at a Guides raffle of all things, which triggered my decent into insanity. 

I would go to the GP for help, acromposte or naltrexolone, but don't want to trigger the interest of social services again. Maybe I can buy some on private care. Going on holiday abroad will be hard without these drugs. What a mess I've made of things. 

keep you're head up mate. you're a good person. falling off the wagon doesn't change that 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

rats.....

I keep seeing one in the garden, emerges from under the shed, also some old decking and off under a hedge to another shed.

probably highly unlikely there's just the one little fucker but by the same token I don't think I'm quite in need of the pied piper just yet.

anyway, seems the best starting point is making the environment less habitable for them, ie tidying the garden uo, it had been neglected for several years. I'm getting there but it's gonna be very expensive and time consuming.

as a quick fix I'm loathe to use poison, I don't want to endanger birds, my dog or next doors 2 cats. so I'm looking at buying an air rifle, probably 2nd hand.

longshot I know but any of you fine gentlemen had a similar problem and got any recommendations of what make of gun is a good one as well as affordable? 

:)

There’s a crossbow going cheap in Enfield if you fancy it.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Oh No You Didnt GIF by happydog

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

rats.....

I keep seeing one in the garden, emerges from under the shed, also some old decking and off under a hedge to another shed.

probably highly unlikely there's just the one little fucker but by the same token I don't think I'm quite in need of the pied piper just yet.

anyway, seems the best starting point is making the environment less habitable for them, ie tidying the garden uo, it had been neglected for several years. I'm getting there but it's gonna be very expensive and time consuming.

as a quick fix I'm loathe to use poison, I don't want to endanger birds, my dog or next doors 2 cats. so I'm looking at buying an air rifle, probably 2nd hand.

longshot I know but any of you fine gentlemen had a similar problem and got any recommendations of what make of gun is a good one as well as affordable? 

:)

On My Way Running GIF by American Kennel Club

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What would be going through the minds of the Hunts if they were to read this, you fucking animal? Don't say fucking crossbow bolts!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Well, update. About 48 hours alcohol free. No cravings, just self loathing regret and fear. Plus physical symptoms of withdrawal, hopefully worst has already passed. 

Irony of my situation is I dont usually have anything stronger than beer in the house, and then not much. But won a couple of bottles of spirits at a Guides raffle of all things, which triggered my decent into insanity. 

I would go to the GP for help, acromposte or naltrexolone, but don't want to trigger the interest of social services again. Maybe I can buy some on private care. Going on holiday abroad will be hard without these drugs. What a mess I've made of things. 

Sounds like you've just had a mis-step and are getting a bit anxious (I suspect from comedown/guilt/withdrawal). I think you just need to get back on track and talk to your family about your issues, along with an apology if you offended anyone. That will make you feel better emotionally and a plan will give you the steps needed to move forward confidently. Best of luck, you seem like a nice bloke and your  moral compass is definitely spot on.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Actually got yokel relatives from Devon and they would tell you the best way to control / deter rats and mice is a couple of terriers and cats. 

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Little Dazzler- “ Maa-am, there no Capybaras around here though! “

Ma Dazzler- “ Aye son, my vole caught them all.”

I grew up in Peru. Nobby trafficked me. I don’t like to talk about it.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Actually got yokel relatives from Devon and they would tell you the best way to control / deter rats and mice is a couple of terriers and cats. 

White House Christmas GIF by US National Archives

Scotties are better than Westies for keeping rodents away, they'll also tell you to fuck off everytime you give them a command.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dazzler said:

I grew up in Peru. Nobby trafficked me. I don’t like to talk about it.

At least there was no need to blow your own trumpet 

18 hours ago, ewerk said:

:lol:

I actually had you in mind should I ever need to make the upgrade from an air rifle to an ak47

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, ewerk said:

Crikey, even I wouldn't sink that low. I am going to (William) tell on you. Reported.

Mrs. F. went to a “Lindisfarne” ** gig at Wylam Brewery at 1pm with her two sisters ( one of their partners is on the stage crew, so free gig). 
Parting words- “ I’ll be back about 5:00, I’m not drinking so I’ll get something for tea on the way back”

Just steamed in, absolutely Weebled, soooo, a swift trip to Friez and Burgz, and a top up of beverage at Sainsbury, and that’s me set for the match- she’ll be asleep in 20 minutes :lol:

** The current band have one original member- the drummer. 
It’s like serving up a Cornish Pastie and saying it’s Carbonara because both have pepper in them :lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. went to a “Lindisfarne” ** gig at Wylam Brewery at 1pm with her two sisters ( one of their partners is on the stage crew, so free gig). 
Parting words- “ I’ll be back about 5:00, I’m not drinking so I’ll get something for tea on the way back”

Just steamed in, absolutely Weebled, soooo, a swift trip to Friez and Burgz, and a top up of beverage at Sainsbury, and that’s me set for the match- she’ll be asleep in 20 minutes :lol:

** The current band have one original member- the drummer. 
It’s like serving up a Cornish Pastie and saying it’s Carbonara because both have pepper in them :lol:

The wife's asleep? You'll be wanking into a tea towel before the second half starts.

• Haha 1