General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Spam topic, thought I’d cc you in mate but some power crazed mod deleted it no dramas 😆

Great save. I think you may have got away with it. 

Relief Im So Relieved GIF

• Haha 9

On 28/01/2024 at 08:57, Kid Dynamite said:

Serious question. Do the people on here that speak about loafing and doing fuck all at work  actually mean it?

Im a "work to rule" type of bloke. I work hard all day, every day for 37.5hrs a week. I vary from some of my colleagues though, who beast themselves everyday and are still sending emails at 9pm etc. Fuck that. I work to live, not the other way round.

I also have colleagues whose mantra is "get paid as much as possible for doing as little as possible" which I struggle to stomach tbh. They just make everyone else's job harder which just impacts on patients ultimately. The same cunts have a week off sick every other month.

I dunno, maybe it's a public vs private sector thing? I just feel like if no-one ever actually puts any effort in at work then the country will end up even more on its arse than it is now. 

I worked really hard when I got this job, spent ages setting up things to make future work a lot easier. I'm at the stage now where most of my job is secretly automated which means I can study more, spend more time finding new ways to make my job easier in the future. I've got colleagues whose entire week is filled with stuff that I would have tried to find a way to automate. But they've done it that way for years and are happy enough, I guess. 

If something comes in that's away from my usual work I'll work hard, but most of my week is setting a few things off and waiting for the reports to be spat out. 

I work to live and given nobody's health or wellbeing is reliant on me putting 110% effort in, I don't do it.

Edited by The Fish

I had a few interviews, majority have went well but I haven't got any of them. I've mentioned my wife's disability in them all not directly but when it's relevant. It's not a massive issue regarding work which I've told them all and have been assured their company supports employees like myself and almost always have an example to give me from somebody who already works there. I'm waiting on an answer today from last week and I reckon I'd have found out by now if I'd got it. I'll be supplying the same honesty in future interviews as the interviewers are giving to me if my hunch is correct? 

As for previous jobs, you take the rough with the smooth, never leave a shit sandwich if you can avoid it, get stuck in when you have to and make hay when the sun shines. I usually got a quite a few breaks in the last job but the job itself never suffered and always took priority. Nobody really gave a fuck when you were having a nightmare so you knew the score and acted accordingly. 

• Like 1

I'll also add I've lost count of the times I've seen, my last company in particular, hang people out to dry, go for a witch hunt when a few further up the chain have gotten away with murder with zero consequences. I've myself have had the cross hairs on myself in the past because I'm one of those old fashioned cunts who know their T&C's, know what's right and have stood up for myself and others. They didn't really like it.

• Like 2

If I could do a PT time job and get paid a PT minimum wage for being a carer to my wife it be beneficial to all but of course that's never going to happen in this country because of ill advised ideology and cunts who couldn't bear to see it through scaremongering by the usual suspects which feeds into their latent petty jealousies.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If I could do a PT time job and get paid a PT minimum wage for being a carer to my wife it be beneficial to all but of course that's never going to happen in this country because of I'll advised ideology and cunts who couldn't bear to see it through scaremongering by the usual suspects which feeds them their latent petty jealousies.

The fact that you can’t arrange your life as you describe is a pitiful indictment of the current government and our society in general. I can’t get my head round why people have to be unremitting cunts to each other 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I had a few interviews, majority have went well but I haven't got any of them. I've mentioned my wife's disability in them all not directly but when it's relevant. It's not a massive issue regarding work which I've told them all and have been assured their company supports employees like myself and almost always have an example to give me from somebody who already works there. I'm waiting on an answer today from last week and I reckon I'd have found out by now if I'd got it. I'll be supplying the same honesty in future interviews as the interviewers are giving to me if my hunch is correct? 

As for previous jobs, you take the rough with the smooth, never leave a shit sandwich if you can avoid it, get stuck in when you have to and make hay when the sun shines. I usually got a quite a few breaks in the last job but the job itself never suffered and always took priority. Nobody really gave a fuck when you were having a nightmare so you knew the score and acted accordingly. 

Sorry to hear this. On the positives, you seem to be interviewing well, on the negatives, obviously you've not been successful yet. Good luck for the remaining call. Could just be a number game, keep plugging away. Why is your wife's disability an issue at all? Is it because it prevents you working certain work patterns? Honestly, unless this is the case, I wouldn't bring it up, it's none of their business. 

Have you thought about retraining/education? Sounds like it might be particularly benefifical to wfh given your family's needs? It's never too late. Or perhaps join MF on the convoy, if this offers enough flexibility? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sorry to hear this. On the positives, you seem to be interviewing well, on the negatives, obviously you've not been successful yet. Good luck for the remaining call. Could just be a number game, keep plugging away. Why is your wife's disability an issue at all? Is it because it prevents you working certain work patterns? Honestly, unless this is the case, I wouldn't bring it up, it's none of their business. 

Have you thought about retraining/education? Sounds like it might be particularly benefifical to wfh given your family's needs? It's never too late. Or perhaps join MF on the convoy, if this offers enough flexibility? 

Flexibility is the reason I bring it up, I can't/won't work anymore than I have to but I make it clear that I wouldn't drop them in the shit if it was absolutely needed. That's probably the reason. Retraining and education takes time and money. My redundancy money isn't infinite. I'm not bringing it up in the future, 100%. Honesty tends to be the best policy but I'll be honest when I'm on the books if this is the way they go about things? (Not saying it definitely is, maybe I'm just not good enough? Too old?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm not bringing it up in the future, 100%. Honesty tends to be the best policy but I'll be honest when I'm on the books if this is the way they go about things?

Well, with having very little knowledge about your situation, I'd not bring it up. Get your foot in the door, prove your worth, and then be more honest. "Honesty is the best policy" is for mugs like ourselves. In my job now, I've found it's the Billy Bulshitters that rise to the top, like one of CT's gassy turds. Not saying you should do that, but no harm in protecting yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Right on cue I've just had the latest KB. Fair play to the lad, he interviewed me and has actually taken the time to ring and give me feedback, apparently needed to give even more examples and I thought I rabbitted on enough as it was, felt like I would fit in to the team well just better interviewees who have the bullshit gene. I fucking give up. Shit jobs here I come.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If I could do a PT time job and get paid a PT minimum wage for being a carer to my wife it be beneficial to all but of course that's never going to happen in this country because of I'll advised ideology and cunts who couldn't bear to see it through scaremongering by the usual suspects which feeds them their latent petty jealousies.

Not being funny, but have you ever given serious thought to the Taxis as it’s an ideal job if you need time flexibility.

No set shifts, start when you want finish when you want whether that’s 10 hours a week or 50 hours a week.

No need to work with the drunks.

Its suited me so well over the years. Worked evenings when I was daddy daycare, weekends when I wanted extra cash and now just early mornings because I’m old and lazy.

Loads of mates who’ve moved into taxii’ing such as sparkies, builders, factory workers etc. All wouldn’t dream of going back to the daily grind.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not being funny, but have you ever given serious thought to the Taxis as it’s an ideal job if you need time flexibility.

No set shifts, start when you want finish when you want whether that’s 10 hours a week or 50 hours a week.

No need to work with the drunks.

Its suited me so well over the years. Worked evenings when I was daddy daycare, weekends when I wanted extra cash and now just early mornings because I’m old and lazy.

Loads of mates who’ve moved into taxii’ing such as sparkies, builders, factory workers etc. All wouldn’t dream of going back to the daily grind.

I fucking hate driving as it is, don't want to really do it for a living and couldn't put up with cunts so it's not really the ideal job for my character/personality but I do appreciate the advice. Again. ;)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I fucking hate driving as it is, don't want to really do it for a living and couldn't put up with cunts so it's not really the ideal job for my character/personality but I do appreciate the advice. Again. ;)

Fair do's if you dont like driving. 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Hmmm. so you want plenty of flexibility, be you own boss? Have you considered getting a job as a driving instructor HMHM?

Edited by Renton

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hmmm. so you want plenty of flexibility, be you own boss? Have you considered getting a job as a driving instructor HMHM?

I did but see the answer above. I'd be a radged up taxi driver/instructor if I went anywhere near the town or any other places where insane road layouts were introduced. Flexibility was more based on the companies wants than mine. I wasn't lying to them and pretending I'd blob at the drop of a hat. I've done my blob in the past, I just don't want it anymore and have done unsociable shifts for decades so don't want to do anymore than I have to. 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did but see the answer above.

I knarr man. You still make me laugh when you talk about being on the blob.  ::icon_lol:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

I knarr man. You still make me laugh when you talk about being on the blob.  ::icon_lol:

Blob and holidays, biggest argument starters on the shop floor forever. :lol:

• Haha 2

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of Tynemouth market? I'm not thinking of becoming Del boy Trotter but have at least 40 football shirts/retro etc I could sell just to get out of the rut of doing nothing and not having to fuck around with eBay. I think the cheapest I could hire is £20 but no idea how in demand they are plus my social media footprint is miniscule so I'd probably struggle to advertise my presence and have no idea what the footfall is like there? My only other worry would be parking and needing the bog. :lol: I'd actually enjoy passing on the knowledge whether anyone bought anything or not and would only need one or two sales to pay for the pitch. Something to do I suppose? 

34 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of Tynemouth market? I'm not thinking of becoming Del boy Trotter but have at least 40 football shirts/retro etc I could sell just to get out of the rut of doing nothing and not having to fuck around with eBay. I think the cheapest I could hire is £20 but no idea how in demand they are plus my social media footprint is miniscule so I'd probably struggle to advertise my presence and have no idea what the footfall is like there? My only other worry would be parking and needing the bog. :lol: I'd actually enjoy passing on the knowledge whether anyone bought anything or not and would only need one or two sales to pay for the pitch. Something to do I suppose? 

I can see if I can get Adam P to turn up and livestream from the market that day if you like? Get the crowds down. 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

You've not got much to lose I guess. There's a few stores that sell mainly NUFC memorabilia, can't say I've seen any selling footy shirts mind. There's a carpark on the west side, might be 80p an hour, you'd need to get there early I think. There's toilets open on market days at 20 pence a piss (or shit if you are inclined). Also a bar with a toilet. If you do pitch up, good chance I'll spot you and say something ridiculous like "How man, is that Howmanheyman? Hey man, fancy seeing you here". 

• Haha 5