General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

It's been out wedding anniversary this week. Earlier this year I booked a surprise spa weekend for us. It's a place I've never been and had storming reviews. 

A few weeks ago told our lass to book Friday off and told her where we are going. She booked a 3h spa session with fanny rubbing etc so i got out on the push iron for a couple of hours. 

We got into our room. No hot water. Shower didn't work. Reception said we could use spa shower (wow fucking generous) and it's something they knew about. Why not fucking tell us? 

Went down for tea last night. Ordered our stuff. Wires came didn't look like what we expected. Asked the young kid. He came back and said it was what was ordered. It fucking wasn't.  Anyways. Head waitress said she would knock off the drinks for us (a tap water and a lemonade they are kind) 

Went down to breakfast this morning. Wife orders scrambled eggs on avocado I wanted some porridge. Young kid comes back with poached egg on toast and my porridge. Wife tells him that's not what she orders so he goes away. Meanwhile I've no fucking spoon. So I go in search of one. Get one get to my porridge, it's stone cold. 

So this afternoon I go to reception to speak to someone to be told 'we will make a not to take off the service charge' i almost dragged the cunt off reception. 

So tonight we're eating out and I've told them I run a YouTube page on reviewing local hotels. Cunts. 

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's been out wedding anniversary this week. Earlier this year I booked a surprise spa weekend for us. It's a place I've never been and had storming reviews. 

A few weeks ago told our lass to book Friday off and told her where we are going. She booked a 3h spa session with fanny rubbing etc so i got out on the push iron for a couple of hours. 

We got into our room. No hot water. Shower didn't work. Reception said we could use spa shower (wow fucking generous) and it's something they knew about. Why not fucking tell us? 

Went down for tea last night. Ordered our stuff. Wires came didn't look like what we expected. Asked the young kid. He came back and said it was what was ordered. It fucking wasn't.  Anyways. Head waitress said she would knock off the drinks for us (a tap water and a lemonade they are kind) 

Went down to breakfast this morning. Wife orders scrambled eggs on avocado I wanted some porridge. Young kid comes back with poached egg on toast and my porridge. Wife tells him that's not what she orders so he goes away. Meanwhile I've no fucking spoon. So I go in search of one. Get one get to my porridge, it's stone cold. 

So this afternoon I go to reception to speak to someone to be told 'we will make a not to take off the service charge' i almost dragged the cunt off reception. 

So tonight we're eating out and I've told them I run a YouTube page on reviewing local hotels. Cunts. 

Unlucky Wykiki but I'm sorry..... :lol:

(Happy anniversary and I hope you still manage to have a great weekend). :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A tap water and a lemonade. Happy wedding anniversary. :lol:

Shite that though. You should tell them your name's Adam Pearson and you review hotels for away matches all across the world.

Tell them your the fish, you have a podcast and you expect more than a bit of lemonade in a thimble. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just done a positive covid test. So far this one is nowt like as bad as last time.

Snap... But I have a nasty sore throat and cough as opposed to just brain fog last time. 

18 minutes ago, NJS said:

Snap... But I have a nasty sore throat and cough as opposed to just brain fog last time. 

Same here but the sore throat has gone now - probably three days in - and cough was worse yesterday than today. I think I'm mainly just missing some sleep now.

On 30/09/2023 at 19:05, Gemmill said:

A tap water and a lemonade. Happy wedding anniversary. :lol:

Tap water, cold porridge, cold showers. Sure you didn't book some austere boot camp wykiki? 

I've had a sore throat for a few days btw, covid never even crossed my mind. I might save it as an excuse to take my  median average 8 days sick pay later in the year. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Same here but the sore throat has gone now - probably three days in - and cough was worse yesterday than today. I think I'm mainly just missing some sleep now.

But ... I thought you didn't get sick

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is this on Council Sky? :naughty:

Channel 4 so you can get it all on catchup.

Tbf to Messenger, she's ageing gracefully - grey hair and wrinkles (and massive fake jammers).

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Channel 4 so you can get it all on catchup.

Tbf to Messenger, she's ageing gracefully - grey hair and wrinkles (and massive fake jammers).

SEI_172310908-22a9.jpg?quality=90&strip=

“ wrinkles”

Aye, you’d think she’d have ironed her skirt. 

Also, in an unrelated matter, this is a great book. 
61qaTxhh3lL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:She honestly doesn't look that good on this. Still absolutely would though. There's lasses on it way younger with kipper lips that look a lot worse.

:lol:

Thats the publicity pic from the show.