General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

49 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Do you have a go-pro on? 

It’s now law that you must not pass vulnerable road users at a distance less than 2m. 

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/using-the-road-overtaking.html

I have and WYP are really good.

BTW, It's always been law, they have just change the wording in the highway code to make it clearer,  It's like the situation if a pedestrian is crossing a side road you're turning into.  They have ALWAYS had priority but do drivers give a fuck? Nah, its *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*.  The only recent change in the highway code is, it's now law if someone is waiting to cross, you need to allow them to cross. But does that happen?  Does it fuck.  Yet these cunts in power are trying to get people out walking, cycling etc.  Haha, fuck off.  All lip service. 

• Like 1

Just now, Toonpack said:

Am still alive gents, just thought I’d let you know. The Operations survivability stats (xS) were apparently accurate.

:nufc:  he lives! :D 

Did you get done at BGH or Little France? 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

People mistake the speed limits as an instruction to drive at that speed, as opposed to a maximum that you should be doing. 

Road conditions, weather, visibility, other road users are all variables that should reduce that speed … if you’re not a wankpanzer kommandant. :lol:

Anyone doing more than 2mph under the speed limit deserves to be run off the road.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Am still alive gents, just thought I’d let you know. The Operations survivability stats (xS) were apparently accurate.

I'm delighted that analysts poring over reams of data have contributed to Medical practitioners saving your life.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

As do cyclists riding on a road next to a fucking cycle path

Get out of the car and cycle on a cycle path.  99% of the they're fucking death traps and it's far safer to cycle in the road and take up commanding position. 

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

How is a cycle path a death trap compared to roads with cars on them 

Go get a bike and try one.

Side roads are a great example.  Cars just ignore there's a cycle lane there and just turn into them. 
They're often full of shite due to lack of maintainace.

They spit you out into junctions with fuck all notice.

They're WANK 99% of the time.  But if you're an ignorant tin box wanker you just blame the cyclists.

This is a fine example of shocking cycle lane.  Why the actual fuck would I get in that only to be squeezed out at the roundabout by some fat cunt in their SUV?

Cyclelane.png

37 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

How is a cycle path a death trap compared to roads with cars on them 

706A8A4B-17DF-4DC5-BC6B-4D8808304543.thumb.jpeg.93d4af9765194a7d4c85d4a067e75448.jpeg

This is the southbound approach to Gosforth High St. 

The “cycle lane” is shared by buses and taxis, I.E. the two prime examples of radge bastards  in charge of a vehicle, not to mention the size of buses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I have and WYP are really good.

BTW, It's always been law, they have just change the wording in the highway code to make it clearer,  It's like the situation if a pedestrian is crossing a side road you're turning into.  They have ALWAYS had priority but do drivers give a fuck? Nah, its *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*.  The only recent change in the highway code is, it's now law if someone is waiting to cross, you need to allow them to cross. But does that happen?  Does it fuck.  Yet these cunts in power are trying to get people out walking, cycling etc.  Haha, fuck off.  All lip service. 

I mean I will stop where it's reasonable but does this apply to trunk roads? Also I'm happy to let someone cross before I get onto a roundabout but I don't want to stop on the roundabout when I'm coming off it, cos I'll likely get rear ended. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

706A8A4B-17DF-4DC5-BC6B-4D8808304543.thumb.jpeg.93d4af9765194a7d4c85d4a067e75448.jpeg

The “cycle lane” is shared by buses and taxis, I.E. the two prime examples of radge bastards  in charge of a vehicle, not to mention the size of buses. 

Wagon drivers are the worst man. Especially those ones with freezer compartments. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mean I will stop where it's reasonable but does this apply to trunk roads? Also I'm happy to let someone cross before I get onto a roundabout but I don't want to stop on the roundabout when I'm coming off it, cos I'll likely get rear ended. 

Rule 170 and Rule H2 of the Highway Code

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/road-junctions.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Any roads that have side roads not controlled by lights.  If you're on a roundabout then you have right of way. 

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Any roads that have side roads not controlled by lights.  If you're on a roundabout then you have right of way. 

So this is the pedestrian crossing the sider road, not the main road, got you. Whether you're driving, walking, or cycling, try not to be an entitled wanker is my motto. There are entitiled wankers in all of those categories.

A few weeks ago I was half way on a zebra crossing with my family and a driver saw us late so slammed on his brakes. He was then rear ended by the following car. That car then shot off with a screech of tyres and the car that did the emergency brake (which had scared the shit out of us) raced after him. They probably ended up doing nearly 60 in a 20 as a result. Presumably the one that fled was on drink or drugs so didn't want it reported. Both of them, absolute wankers. Didn't bother reporting it though as in the confusion I didn't get the plate numbers and what's the point? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

So this is the pedestrian crossing the sider road, not the main road, got you. Whether you're driving, walking, or cycling, try not to be an entitled wanker is my motto. There are entitiled wankers in all of those categories.

A few weeks ago I was half way on a zebra crossing with my family and a driver saw us late so slammed on his brakes. He was then rear ended by the following car. That car then shot off with a screech of tyres and the car that did the emergency brake (which had scared the shit out of us) raced after him. They probably ended up doing nearly 60 in a 20 as a result. Presumably the one that fled was on drink or drugs so didn't want it reported. Both of them, absolute wankers. Didn't bother reporting it though as in the confusion I didn't get the plate numbers and what's the point? 

Absolutely nailed it.  I think a lot now in society are blinkered and just selfish.

Last night, go to the bus station, join the queue for my bus.  I am about 3rd from front.  A women comes and asks someone behind me if this is the queue for Leeds.  She said yes and then just walked straight to the front :lol: Just bold as brass.  I mean WTF.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

:nufc:  he lives! :D 

Did you get done at BGH or Little France? 🤔

Spire Washington - took advantage of my jobs private insurance before I retire (next year) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm delighted that analysts poring over reams of data have contributed to Medical practitioners saving your life.

There’s valuable statistical data, and then there s also stats for stats sake 👍

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

In Scotland we have cycle paths purpose built which motor vehicles have no access to, these are what I meant.

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Absolutely nailed it.  I think a lot now in society are blinkered and just selfish.

Last night, go to the bus station, join the queue for my bus.  I am about 3rd from front.  A women comes and asks someone behind me if this is the queue for Leeds.  She said yes and then just walked straight to the front :lol: Just bold as brass.  I mean WTF.

Why didn't you cycle?

You're right about selfishness also entitlement. One neighbour has threatened another with legal action because he's parked his van in the access between the terrace houses. Legal Action. Not just asking him to shift it, getting lawyers involved. She said "He thinks he's King Canute of the street!"

Now, I dunno what she thinks the message is from the story of King Canute, but I know it's not that a man parks on the land he owns and happily moves it if you ask.

• Like 1