General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Well that would be the ethical thing to do but we don't really live in an ethical world.

Speak for yourself. I recycle and indicate before changing lanes, so I'm not saying I should get a statue, but a little blue plaque maybe? 

Mind, if people were to go through my early stuff on here, some crusty fucking hippies would soon pull any statue down anyway.

26 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Its well naughty that landlords are putting prices up. Suppose they might be screwed with the buy-to-rent mortgages.

To be fair I signed the tenancy agreement so it's in the small print. there's between a 2-5% increase year on year measured against CPI. Considering it's currently at 9.9% I feel somewhat relieved it's capped at 5%. I wonder if his mortgage has the same cap.

He might be on a tracker but if his fixed term has come to an end then its possible he has had a big mortgage  rise

I own a second property out of default really (I had bought my own place decades ago and moved the mrs in when I met her. When she fell pregnant we needed a bigger place quick so we bought one together and I have kept my flat on). I just got an interest only mortgage which landlords tend to have.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

So, young Miss Fist was hit by a car yesterday evening whilst on a pedestrian crossing just outside the Scotsman pub in Forest Hall. 
She’s not got any broken bones but has soft-tissue damage around her ankle and calf, and was very shook up last night. 
She can’t walk on her ankle today. 
She said the car was going very fast through the shops- it was pissing down at the time. 
He stopped, asked her if she was ok, and then drove off. 
I’ve been to the Scotsman, the landlord is going to have a look , he says he’ll almost definitely have it on his camera, but he said it’s unlikely he’ll be able to make out a reg plate because of the lighting. 
Sainsburys have the bloke booting it through the shops, but no plate, and no footage of the crossing. 
There’s a newsagents with high quality cctv further up, if he can get the plates of the bloke coming in to the shops, hopefully all the footage can be linked in to a timeline. 
I rang 101 to report it, and there’s a Copper calling on Wednesday morning. 
I’ve done most of his job for him, but if there’s no plate, the fucker has got away with it. 

( Anyone know if Dutty Custard was in the ‘hood at the weekend? :lol: )

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Are there any houses with Ring doorbells along the stretch you're looking at (sorry not sure exactly where you're talking about). You might be able to get something off one of those - someone knocked at mine last week cos he'd had his car nicked and wanted to see if I had any footage. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Are there any houses with Ring doorbells along the stretch you're looking at (sorry not sure exactly where you're talking about). You might be able to get something off one of those - someone knocked at mine last week cos he'd had his car nicked and wanted to see if I had any footage. 

Nah, it’s the small shopping area of Forest Hall where it happened, so no residential. 

I hope we can get the plates because I’ll be pretty feckin angry if he gets away with it. 

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, young Miss Fist was hit by a car yesterday evening whilst on a pedestrian crossing just outside the Scotsman pub in Forest Hall. 
She’s not got any broken bones but has soft-tissue damage around her ankle and calf, and was very shook up last night. 
She said the car was going very fast through the shops- it was pissing down at the time. 
I’ve been to the Scotsman, the landlord is going to have a look , he says he’ll almost definitely have it on his camera, but he said it’s unlikely he’ll be able to make out a reg plate because of the lighting. 
Sainsburys have the bloke booting it through the shops, but no plate, and no footage of the crossing. 
There’s a newsagents with high quality cctv further up, if he can get the plates of the bloke coming in to the shops, hopefully all the footage can be linked in to a timeline. 
I’ve done most of his job for him, but if there’s no plate, the fucker has got away with it. 

Pleased to hear it wasn't worse, no wonder she'll be shook up about it. Hopefully the cunt gets caught, there might be CCTV you don't know about but the police might? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Pleased to hear it wasn't worse, no wonder she'll be shook up about it. Hopefully the cunt gets caught, there might be CCTV you don't know about but the police might? 

👍

There’s a place over the road from the pub with four cameras, all of which will have it if they’re operating, but it was closed when I got there, so, fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Nah, it’s the small shopping area of Forest Hall where it happened, so no residential. 

I hope we can get the plates because I’ll be pretty feckin angry if he gets away with it. 

There’s a security company just over the road from there got cctv iirc 

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just been in to the Taste of India too, if they’ve got anything they’ll let me know. 
( cctv, not poppadoms obvs).  

Did they not offer you a meal deal after your tale? 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Scarily similar to Beverley Allitt all those years ago. Wasn't she later diagnosed with Munchausen by Proxy?

Wasn't aware of this case so just google searched her. Looks like a wrong 'un straight off the bat.

I wouldn't let her babysit my children.

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Wasn't aware of this case so just google searched her. Looks like a wrong 'un straight off the bat.

I wouldn't let her babysit my children.

She is, but it's a tragic case because to be diagnosed with that means she should never have been allowed to be in a position of care of infants to start with. But IIRC the world was largely ignorant to conditions such as that back then.

The question I have, and perhaps those in the medical profession can answer, wasn't access to insulin by a nurse restricted and had to be signed off by doctor in light of what happened with Allitt?  

18 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

sorry to hear about your daughter. terrible thing to happen and glad to hear she's okay.

i wouldn't hold out much hope in the police. i was run over by a car in a hit and run right in the centre of brixton a few years back. one minute i was trying to flag down a cab, the next i'm in the back of an ambulance, concussed with no memory of what the fuck happened. luckily, i escaped any major injuries too. but despite it being in the centre of brixton, where you'd think there would be cctv a plenty, the police dropped their investigation die to lack of evidence. 

• Like 1

Cheers man! 
That sounds very similar to what’s going on here, ( except Ms.Fist wasn’t off her tits on cowies :lol: ), but I think the same result is on the cards. 

It’s infuriating but, when you’ve only got 5-6 coppers to cover the area, I guess it’s inevitable. 

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheers man! 
That sounds very similar to what’s going on here, ( except Ms.Fist wasn’t off her tits on cowies :lol: ), but I think the same result is on the cards. 

It’s infuriating but, when you’ve only got 5-6 coppers to cover the area, I guess it’s inevitable. 

I’d like to think the bizzies would have pulled their finger out a bit more had the cunt killed me!

36 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

They’d at least have sent your dick pics around their WhatsApp group. 

How good do you reckon their zooms are?!

• Haha 2