General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Had to have one of my cats put to sleep this morning. Shite times. He got diagnosed with heart disease three weeks ago after I spotted that his breathing was funny.

Anyway he's been on three types of tablet since then but they weren't working as well as hoped, and that was that this morning. I got woken up by him crying and when I came downstairs he had lost the use of one of his front legs (blood clot) and his breathing was fucked. That was at 4:30 and I was leaving the vets at 5:10 so it all happened quickly which was good. Ugh. 

Sorry, mate. I’m sure he had a lovely life living with a big, soft shite like you though.

• Haha 2

Re: 1976, I’m pretty sure excess deaths amongst the elderly were in the thousands. But aye, massive congratulations to all the teenage future gammon cunts who managed to survive it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Didn’t freak me out, I just always thought it was a proper cunt. 

Still do. :lol:

Fair enough :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Had to have one of my cats put to sleep this morning. Shite times. He got diagnosed with heart disease three weeks ago after I spotted that his breathing was funny.

Anyway he's been on three types of tablet since then but they weren't working as well as hoped, and that was that this morning. I got woken up by him crying and when I came downstairs he had lost the use of one of his front legs (blood clot) and his breathing was fucked. That was at 4:30 and I was leaving the vets at 5:10 so it all happened quickly which was good. Ugh. 

sorry for your loss. Cats are the best 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

Re: 1976, I’m pretty sure excess deaths amongst the elderly were in the thousands. But aye, massive congratulations to all the teenage future gammon cunts who managed to survive it 

• Haha 5

Apparently the NHS sees an increase in incidents when the temp tips over 25 degrees.  I saw on a post on FB last night some bell end was saying how soft we are now.  Looked at his profile, a nurse of everything and ex forces.

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Good luck with that DLL issue. 

I should get you on the case with your 6 months of coding. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently the NHS sees an increase in incidents when the temp tips over 25 degrees.  I saw on a post on FB last night some bell end was saying how soft we are now.  Looked at his profile, a nurse of everything and ex forces.

Ex-UK armed forces accounts for about 25% of all Twitter users 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

FX9d4q-WIAEM7eP?format=jpg&name=large

My recollection of childhood is people frequently coming into schools to tell us never to get into cars with strangers, even if they gave us sweets. They'd never tell us why. So I probably still would have, but it never happened because I was an ugly kid. ;)

Public service broadcasts were mint though. As well as Charlie I always remember an advert about not changing lanes at a T junction cos you'll get rear ended. Bizarre. 

• Haha 4