General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The Academy have revealed that they asked him to leave and he refused. What a little fucking bellend. 

Also, they've opened up disciplinary proceedings. It'll be fucking hilarious if they take the Oscar off him. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

When you look at some of the sexual deviants and social outcasts that the err fuckin "academy" has awarded over the years removing Smith's Oscar would be a sick joke :cuppa:

They have to draw a line and start behaving in a socially responsible way at some point though. That said they'd never get away with it over this because Smith is black and the outcry would be incredible if he was the first person they make an example of. But the next white guy who slips up should have the book thrown at him and then standards can be enforced from there.

These people are not too powerful to suffer consequences, should be the lesson.

That is great because it demonstrates firstly how much the police rely on intimidation to achieve what they want to achieve (and how much of their power shrinks away once challenged) and secondly because at no point during the whole thing did the guy seem to realise that this was a role reversal exercise.

• Like 2

My two favourite office April fools pranks were:

1 - Take a screenshot of someone's desktop, remove/hide all their icons and folders, and then make the screenshot their background. Even someone reasonably computer savvy would take a few seconds to realise what had happened - and the less savvy are just fucking doomed ("My computer has frozen, I can't click anything")

2 - I don't think this is possible anymore (definitely not on this key combo anyway), but you used to be able to hit CTRL, ALT and the Down key to turn the screen upside down. So you could wait for them to get up for a coffee and then invert their screen - when they get back and raise it as an issue you can then ask how on earth they managed to break their PC so badly, etc.

I think I was the only one who found it amusing tbf :D But isn't that normally the way with April Fools?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A slightly more sophisticated one that I used when casting from your PC to your TV was still something of an emerging technology and less widely known - I'd leave my home computer on and go to work while my partner remained at home. Screen off but tower on. From work, remote connect to the PC, had The Ring video on standby (where she's climbing out of the well) - cast it to the TV in the living room where my partner would be, it automatically turns on the TV and plays the video.

I intended to do it several times so that it kept turning on when she turned it off, but once was all it took. She was out of the house and calling me from the car to claim the house was fucking haunted and I needed to come back home right this moment :lol: She was a pretty superstitious person tbf.

Slept on the couch the next few nights but it was worth it :D 

• Haha 9
  • Jaysus... 1