General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I'd had had a leaflet through the door but had an old woman knocking earlier wanting to know if I'd like to help with the street party she's organising for the jubilee - I politely declined :)

I'm thinking of going abroad that week to avoid all the shite - that's assuming Liz makes it till then obviously. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'd had had a leaflet through the door but had an old woman knocking earlier wanting to know if I'd like to help with the street party she's organising for the jubilee - I politely declined :)

I'm thinking of going abroad that week to avoid all the shite - that's assuming Liz makes it till then obviously. 

She's been dead for weeks

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Way ahead of you. Our street happens to be having its annual, non-royalty-related summer street party that weekend, and while it's genuinely good craic for the most part, I have absolutely no doubt it'll be co-opted by the local bunting-shaggers this year - so I'm off to Germany, of all places, from the Thursday to the Monday.

In honour of Wor Liz, I shall tip my hat to the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas as I pass. :D

I did a cycle sportive today. Great sun, albeit a tad windy.  All going superb.  Coming close to the end just outside York and on a flat bit with strong crosswinds a lot of riders.  A guy with a trailer comes passed a small group of us, lots of space.  I am at the front and give him the thumbs up to let him know he is safe to pull back across, he thanks us.  All cushy.  Then coming to a narrow road.  Still two lanes, but narrow.  Couple of cars come past but then it starts turning left and right,  It's open so you can see if you're clear to overtake on the corner and they do, no drama.

Then.

Another car over takes as we approach a corner, there is space between us and the group we are approaching.   I tell the lads to ease off so the car can get on the right side and take the corner fine.  But then another car comes alongside us.  He's going slow but we are both going around the corner at the same time and have a car in front of us so he's going fucking nowhere.  I shake my head.  Window comes down and a female voice 'fuck off you cunt' :lol:

Anyways, it gets to a point where they can pass safely and as they do window comes down and a women at the back is giving us all sorts of shit.  Couple of minutes later they have to stop at temp lights.  I go to the drivers side to ask him why he was attempting a stupid move.  His window comes down and he was apologising and I said fine.  But this women in the back was still calling me an utter cunt.  I am about to tell her to go take her tampon out and let Tyrone smash her back doors in when I see a kid about 9 years old sat in the passenger seat looking petrified.  I just looked at the bloke and shook my head and said he needs to have a word with the person in the back acting like that in front of a kid.

Now let the, you should pay road tax uneducated cunt comments commence.

• Haha 3

A few years ago a woman ran me into the verge when coming out of a road where the road I was on turned at 90 degrees and I even indicated I was following the road as I could see she was going to pull out and when I asked her what the fuck she was doing, she tried to tell me off for swearing in front of her kid. I told her she was lucky he hadn't witnessed her killing someone. 

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just back from a couple of days in Edinburgh once more. If you’re ever up there, get to Tapas3. Proper Spanish tapas affair and the lass serving me had a nice big arse. ***** from me and **** From Mrs Eats.

I might suggest it next time we're up there, Eddie. :good:

56 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/mar/06/betty-boo-back-get-me-to-the-weekend-interview

Absolutely criminal that the headline for this isn't: 

Betty Boo.  Betty Boo's back doing the doo at fifty two. 

:lol: Betty Boo. Gotta admit she stirred my loins back in the day. :aye:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Got a letter from DEFRA today telling me there’s an outbreak of bird flu in Forest Hall, and I’m to look out for dead swans and geese. :lol:

6A7536C2-0BB7-44D1-A54E-0C07D8F34E74.thumb.jpeg.ea7d7d331b285263ae2d86021aa155c3.jpeg

I got that too. 

• Like 1

What a fucking evening!

Got a call at 8:30 to say Finley had sustained a bad injury at Power League and needed to get to hospital. Now I don’t know if any of you lot have any involvement with these places but from this experience their level of first aid knowledge is fucking shocking!

Being a grass roots coach I have to be qualified in emergency first aid and I’m doing so you cover the basics of how to treat common footballing injuries. From what I could deduce on the phone, he’d suffered either a fracture or dislocation of his knee. Cast iron rules - don’t move him and certainly don’t give him anything. These fuckers were trying to offer him codeine and offered to drive him to the hospital as the Ambulance was reporting a 2-3 hour lead time.

When I got there, they were all just stood around staring at him. Nothing placed under his head, no blankets to keep him warm. Absolutely fuck all. When I asked when the Ambulance was arriving they said it wasn’t and no one had attempted to contact another.

Suffice to say he had a full lateral dislocation on his knee - fairly fucking obvious when you saw it and it absolutely needed to be reset professionally and x-rayed. Finally managed to get him an ambulance, he was whacked out on gas & air and morphine, the knee has been reset and he’s in leg brace for a fortnight.

These cunts even had the temerity to state "we can’t offer a refund for the session" as he was being wheeled out on a stretcher. We didn’t fucking ask for one, some basic first aid wouldn’t have gone amiss though!

Fuming! 

• Jaysus... 2

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fuck me! 
Most importantly, how is he? 

But that’s shocking mind- a place like that should be shit-hot on 1st aid. 

Once they got it back in place he was fine, thanks for asking. But he needed the morphine. Gas and air just wasn’t going to cut it.

It was ridiculous. You could see the palpable relief in their face that someone had turned up who knew what the fuck to do. The fact his mother was there who gets hysterical at the best of times wasn’t helping like. She was stressing everyone out.

Edited by Craig

47 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fuck me! 
Most importantly, how is he? 

But that’s shocking mind- a place like that should be shit-hot on 1st aid. 

Power league are shit at everything in my experience. I remember having a game cancelled once, mid-match because the ref just decided he couldn't be arsed reffing anymore and went and sat at the front desk instead.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Craig said:

What a fucking evening!

Got a call at 8:30 to say Finley had sustained a bad injury at Power League and needed to get to hospital. Now I don’t know if any of you lot have any involvement with these places but from this experience their level of first aid knowledge is fucking shocking!

Being a grass roots coach I have to be qualified in emergency first aid and I’m doing so you cover the basics of how to treat common footballing injuries. From what I could deduce on the phone, he’d suffered either a fracture or dislocation of his knee. Cast iron rules - don’t move him and certainly don’t give him anything. These fuckers were trying to offer him codeine and offered to drive him to the hospital as the Ambulance was reporting a 2-3 hour lead time.

When I got there, they were all just stood around staring at him. Nothing placed under his head, no blankets to keep him warm. Absolutely fuck all. When I asked when the Ambulance was arriving they said it wasn’t and no one had attempted to contact another.

Suffice to say he had a full lateral dislocation on his knee - fairly fucking obvious when you saw it and it absolutely needed to be reset professionally and x-rayed. Finally managed to get him an ambulance, he was whacked out on gas & air and morphine, the knee has been reset and he’s in leg brace for a fortnight.

These cunts even had the temerity to state "we can’t offer a refund for the session" as he was being wheeled out on a stretcher. We didn’t fucking ask for one, some basic first aid wouldn’t have gone amiss though!

Fuming! 

Speaking to a few fellow coaches today the suggestion is there is a tendency for players to be rushed back from this sort of injury who then break down in their first training session. One guy said his player came back after 6 weeks, broke down and was then out for 2 years. I've been given the same 6-week timeframe.

I'm going to look into getting him some sports therapy/physio but was just wondering from those in the medical profession as to what stage in his recovery i should be looking to do that? @Renton - any thoughts?

The kid lives and breathes football and (somehow, given how shit his father was at it) is bloody good at it. I don't want to stunt him, but I don't want him to fuck himself up either.

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

Speaking to a few fellow coaches today the suggestion is there is a tendency for players to be rushed back from this sort of injury who then break down in their first training session. One guy said his player came back after 6 weeks, broke down and was then out for 2 years. I've been given the same 6-week timeframe.

I'm going to look into getting him some sports therapy/physio but was just wondering from those in the medical profession as to what stage in his recovery i should be looking to do that? @Renton - any thoughts?

The kid lives and breathes football and (somehow, given how shit his father was at it) is bloody good at it. I don't want to stunt him, but I don't want him to fuck himself up either.

Honestly Craig, it's nearly 30 years (Jesus I'm old) since I did any orthopaedics, or any clinical stuff at all for that matter. J69 would probably know better as he has a clinical background (albeit mental health) but also played/coached football at a decent level iirc. Obviously let the acute injuries heal, once the pain stops I'm sure he will be able to tolerate physio to his benefit. Probably looking at a couple of months out the game though I'd think. You already know rushing him back probably isn't wise. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Honestly Craig, it's nearly 30 years (Jesus I'm old) since I did any orthopaedics, or any clinical stuff at all for that matter. J69 would probably know better as he has a clinical background (albeit mental health) but also played/coached football at a decent level iirc. Obviously let the acute injuries heal, once the pain stops I'm sure he will be able to tolerate physio to his benefit. Probably looking at a couple of months out the game though I'd think. You already know rushing him back probably isn't wise. 

Cheers mate. He's done for the season, not that he knows that yet - no way I'm risking playing him at the end of April. @Kid Dynamite any thoughts you have in addition greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Cheers mate. He's done for the season, not that he knows that yet - no way I'm risking playing him at the end of April. @Kid Dynamite any thoughts you have in addition greatly appreciated.

How old is he and what was his injury? Dislocated patella/knee cap?