General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Looks like it was a partial deployment so would slow his descent speed. I can't work out where the camera is though? 

I'm guessing it's one of those cameras mounted on a boom probably attached to his helmet. I've seen these type of booms being used attached to the back of racing cars to make it appear the camera is closely following the car and it just being out of vision.

The fact that it was a 360° camera doesn't really help with visualising what actually happened.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

I'm guessing it's one of those cameras mounted on a boom probably attached to his helmet. I've seen these type of booms being used attached to the back of racing cars to make it appear the camera is closely following the car and it just being out of vision.

The fact that it was a 360° camera doesn't really help with visualising what actually happened.

Like this:

Edited by Craig

So today's fun and games was having to raise a 'personal hygiene' issue with one of the bamps in my team in a controller, kind, professional and dignified manner. 

Thing is he's fucking awesome at his job, he clearly has no sense of direction however given he has no idea where his bathroom or washing machine is! :sick:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Craig said:

So today's fun and games was having to raise a 'personal hygiene' issue with one of the bamps in my team in a controller, kind, professional and dignified manner. 

Thing is he's fucking awesome at his job, he clearly has no sense of direction however given he has no idea where his bathroom or washing machine is! :sick:

How'd it go?

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

On a drone? 

Wouldn't it just be attached to his helmet?

Yeah that's definitely not a drone ... else it's being flown spectacularly to keep up with someone partially free-falling due to a parachute failure.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How'd it go?

Remarkably well. Although it disturbs me that he said me raising it wasn't a surprise and he was fully self-aware. The point I had to really play my poker face was when he said he was planning to have a shower Sunday evening but didn't have time. 

We had this discussion yesterday (Wednesday) :sick:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Craig said:

Remarkably well. Although it disturbs me that he said me raising it wasn't a surprise and he was fully self-aware. The point I had to really play my poker face was when he said he was planning to have a shower Sunday evening but didn't have time. 

We had this discussion yesterday (Wednesday) :sick:

... Didn't have time? How long does he think a shower takes?

I remember I had to have a similar task at Uni, had to tell a mate of a mate that until he sorted out his personal hygiene he couldn't come round our house. He smoked so much weed he had no idea how bad he smelled. It was absolutely gopping.

Edited by The Fish

33 minutes ago, The Fish said:

On a drone? 

Wouldn't it just be attached to his helmet?

:boss:

"As drones have taken over as a leading tech tool for aerial photography, what’s known as fisheye distortion (or the barrel effect) can become a major problem for optical clarity. You’ve perhaps already seen what can happen with this problem after using wide-angle lenses on your drone. The reason fisheye distortion happens in drone photography is because the lens’ field of view is wider than the size of your image sensor.

Eliminating fisheye distortion in aerial photography isn’t too complicated if you have the right type of software available. Yet, maybe you’re still mystified as to why it’s called fisheye, or the “barrel effect.” On a more technical level, this happens because the camera squeezes the field of view so it fits into the image. It causes straight lines in the photo to looked curved, or like a barrel shape.

The term “fisheye” means virtually the same thing due to wide-angle lenses having short focal lengths. GoPro cameras cause this same problem, but here’s how to solve this based on the corrective software you use."

Just now, The Fish said:

... Didn't have time? How long does he think a shower takes?

Precisely. So my assertion went from 'nose blind' to 'lazy fucker with non self respect'.

He got some brutal advice, get up 20mins earlier each morning and get in the shower. It could ultimately mean you keep your job.

Just doesn't compute to me.

4 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

"As drones have taken over as a leading tech tool for aerial photography, what’s known as fisheye distortion (or the barrel effect) can become a major problem for optical clarity. You’ve perhaps already seen what can happen with this problem after using wide-angle lenses on your drone. The reason fisheye distortion happens in drone photography is because the lens’ field of view is wider than the size of your image sensor.

Eliminating fisheye distortion in aerial photography isn’t too complicated if you have the right type of software available. Yet, maybe you’re still mystified as to why it’s called fisheye, or the “barrel effect.” On a more technical level, this happens because the camera squeezes the field of view so it fits into the image. It causes straight lines in the photo to looked curved, or like a barrel shape.

The term “fisheye” means virtually the same thing due to wide-angle lenses having short focal lengths. GoPro cameras cause this same problem, but here’s how to solve this based on the corrective software you use."

Drones are great at aerial recording, but watch the way the camera moves in relation to the skydiver. It's 100% connected to the lunatic. Therefore, not a drone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

It wasn't the type of lense he was challenging 😉

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

Precisely. So my assertion went from 'nose blind' to 'lazy fucker with non self respect'.

He got some brutal advice, get up 20mins earlier each morning and get in the shower. It could ultimately mean you keep your job.

Just doesn't compute to me.

Yeah, that's pure laziness and a lack of self respect.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Drones are great at aerial recording, but watch the way the camera moves in relation to the skydiver. It's 100% connected to the lunatic. Therefore, not a drone.

Look back at when the camera is moving. Nothing is attached to his helmet. Literally the GoPro slot on his helmet is empty.

That’s some skilled drone pilot, going from inside a very cramped plane, to instantly adjusting speed for when he steps out of the plane. :lol:

Whos flying it? 

Also, you see that it’s attached to his helmet when, at the very end, he takes his helmet off and tosses it on the ground. 

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, that's pure laziness and a lack of self respect.

He also fucking stinks and makes my eyes water whenever he's in the same room. Not that I was permitted to say any of that....

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s some skilled drone pilot, going from inside a very cramped plane, to instantly adjusting speed for when he steps out of the plane. :lol:

Whos flying it? 

Also, you see that it’s attached to his helmet when, at the very end, he takes his helmet off and tosses it on the ground. 

On the ground? :lol: He landed on top of a tree.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Whos flying it? 

Exactly. Fucking hell, so skilled he can keep the craft completely in line with someone who is effectively free falling :lol:

There's a specific camera boom fixing that arcs in a certain way it's not visible on the camera shot. Same principal is used on the video of the racing car round Monaco that I posted earlier - it's attached to the rear wing of the car, but you can't see it.

14 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

On the ground? :lol: He landed on top of a tree.

Here he is just before he hits the ground- notice the trees in the background …

B4623038-C755-40F7-9B10-3A827BE70647.thumb.jpeg.ba5c843b7b6255455973e9026c523c23.jpeg

Here he is on the ground. 
See the grass and dead, brown underbrush that he’s standing on. 
Also the trees, in the background, that he’s much lower than. 
FE346ADB-0D95-41B6-A387-2588BC74ACCE.thumb.jpeg.877ad26d140762dd51bb36641bff2c5c.jpeg

It's definitely attached to the sky diver. There's literally no way that that video has been taken by a drone.

I can't believe this is even up for debate, but then, it is the internet...

Here, you can use the controls in the top left to look around using this guys helmet mounted camera (which you can see earlier on in the video). No drones here