General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Sonatine said:

Came with copy of the Secret Diary of Adrian Mole game iirc :lol:

:lol: Mine came free with one where you had to shoot paratroopers. Played loads on ‘The Boss’ a proto-Football Manager. Remember a really shite cricket game as well. And notorious joystick knackerer Daley Thompson’s Decathlon. And Mr Wimpey :lol: 

Edited by Alex

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Daley Thompson’s Decathlon.

Loved that back in the day, he also had the all time best Lucozade ad.  Pissed on that prick Micheal Owen's attempt from a great height.

Tbf I'd pay good money to watch Daley piss on Owen full stop.

• Haha 1

Has anyone ever made a noise complaint against a neighbour and did owt come of it? 

Fucking 7am they still had music bouncing and it’s every other weekend, I’m considering physical threats but would prefer to stay legal 

Anyone I know who has went to the council about noisy neighbours has had fuck all success. They'll put in sound monitoring equipment and inform your neighbours which of course means they'll keep it down for a couple of weeks and then when the equipment is removed they'll go back to being cunts.

She’s just a moron. I spoke to her after the last time and she said sorry etc, but I’m surprised she is allowed to live alone she’s that thick. So I think it just doesn’t cross her mind.

We are terraces and the couple on the other side have a young daughter and a new baby, it must drive them nuts

Is she a private tenant?

I would speak to the council but also your local counsellor to add some weight.

We had an issue with a council tenant years ago, noisy, kids were little shits and boyfriend would smoke weed all the time.  We did get somewhere with the council but we also emailed the local counsellor who added some weight.

50 minutes ago, strawb said:

Has anyone ever made a noise complaint against a neighbour and did owt come of it? 

Fucking 7am they still had music bouncing and it’s every other weekend, I’m considering physical threats but would prefer to stay legal 

Condolences. I was physically threatened for behaving that way in my misspent youth, it didn’t change much. We still behaved like selfish dickheads most weekends. I’d hate to have a neighbour like that now. 

When I was a student we lived next to this old boy who would take his revenge by playing his trumpet at 7am ever morning the week following one of our noisy all-nighters.

Could be a tactic? Give her a taste of her own medicine? She presumably likes to sleep as well at some point.

Edited by Dr Gloom

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

When I was a student we lived next to this old boy who would take his revenge by playing his trumpet at 7am ever morning the week following one of our noisy all-nighters.

Could be a tactic? Give her a taste of her own medicine? She presumably likes to sleep as well at some point.

One of my flat mates at uni was a waster, dropped out of his course and would play scooter at full blast at 4am when we all had to be up at 7am

I took the fuse out of his stereo plug

On 04/12/2018 at 21:44, strawb said:

My grandad is fucking riddled with cancer. He’s 89 and had an amazing life but it sounds like he is on his last legs.

Got a good 3 weeks off for Christmas so going to spend most of it with him I think

Died this morning. Cool Christmas