General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Interesting! We use Python for our database at work. I have a basic knowledge of it to the point where I can make simple modifications to the system. It's quite an approachable language IMO, although I say that without any point of reference to the others.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Interesting! We use Python for our database at work. I have a basic knowledge of it to the point where I can make simple modifications to the system. It's quite an approachable language IMO, although I say that without any point of reference to the others.

I use C# for creating automated tests I just fancied something to put on my CV

Well we always seem to be struggling to find someone who knows the it for more advanced mods; I get the feeling it's a niche area - which is good IMO - and worth having on the CV. I think Sage use it for some of their systems as well.

10 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

Wolfy has a better repuation than me on here?

FLOUNCE!

It's only cos Parky recommended almost every one of his posts in the sheeple thread because he found it amusing initially. We're now all rueing the monster that he made.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Rep points? Did I miss a meeting?

I'm not actually sure how it works either, but I think it might be as simple as one like on your post = +1 rep.

• Like 1

:D Rather renders the whole thing pointless.

I also noticed that if you check your profile, you get an award from the forum for being a particular day's most 'repped' commentator.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ant said:

cause Alex has like 4 accounts and i fixed his most recent one to 50k :lol: ages ago

i should really merge them all

How many would he have in total?

I notice you can't see the list of members anymore. I used to enjoy looking through that to see who wasn't posting anymore and cos I'm generally nosey :D