General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

There must be a channel through the brickwork downstairs where the wind can whistle through, because for most of last night it sounded like there was some arsehole playing experimental jazz on a fucking kazoo. 

:lol:

I didnt sleep a fucking wink because I was shitting myself the roof was going to collapse.  Roofer cant get with us until tomorrow at the earliest so fingers crossed it doesnt piss down like it did yesterday here.  It was fucking biblical.

Every now and again, I'll get 5 day streaks where all I want to do is stay in bed, turn the lights off and sleep. Not see anyone or do anything. Properly depressed, for no logical reason, I can't put my finger on what sets it off. Maybe once every 3-4 months or so.

Is this just normal? Or is it something I need to look at, maybe see a gp over? I always know it'll pass, and the rest of the time I'm perfectly happy. It's really confusing and frustrating me.

Every now and again, I'll get 5 day streaks where all I want to do is stay in bed, turn the lights off and sleep. Not see anyone or do anything. Properly depressed, for no logical reason, I can't put my finger on what sets it off. Maybe once every 3-4 months or so.

Is this just normal? Or is it something I need to look at, maybe see a gp over? I always know it'll pass, and the rest of the time I'm perfectly happy. It's really confusing and frustrating me.

Everyone has good periods and bad periods within reason. Do you have similar periods where you are overly happy for a few days? If so it might be some mild cyclothymia.

If not I would just see your GP for a referral into primary care for some CBT. Might benefit you on the bad days

doesn't sound normal to me. i would seek medical help if i were you, they might be able to help. 

Aye, get yourself to a doctor. What you're experiencing isn't normal and isn't necessary but it's something your GP will have seen countless times before and should be able to point you in the right direction. There's plenty of options that can help.

Hope you sort it JJ kid.

If I have had a heavy weekend on the ale or a period of weekends on the ale I get proper down.  Not to the same as you like, but I know with me its the ale.  Keep off it and I am fine.  A couple of pints or a glass or two of wine and I am fine.  But benders and I check into the hotel blues for a few days.  

Iain Lee has spoken in almost identical terms to this on recent podcasts with Scroobius Pip and Adam Buxton.  You should deffo see a gp as people recommend, but he also said how much comfort he got reading about other people going through the same thing, so I'd recommend listening to them.

Everyone has good periods and bad periods within reason. Do you have similar periods where you are overly happy for a few days? If so it might be some mild cyclothymia.

If not I would just see your GP for a referral into primary care for some CBT. Might benefit you on the bad days

How is cock and ball torture going to help? This was your moment in the sun. What a let down.

Echo what everyone else says, go and see a GP. But also, talk to your partner/a trusted friend, if you can. I know having people who know what I'm going through/am trying to avoid has helped me massively. As has the aforementioned CBT.

As an aside, it's great that we're living in an age where it's easier to talk about depression and the like. I know that a lad who's only in his early 40s,who has struggled his whole life with it and it's only the past year or so that he's been able to talk about it openly.

Just got back from fixing Catmags leaky rear entrance.

Tried bunging everything I had in it to seal it up, but it was just too big a crack.

End up smashing it.

:whistle:

( If anyone needs me I'm at the sports massage clinic having my wrists seen to).