General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

A mate of mine recently met a lass online who lives in Costa Rica. He 'fell in love' and decided to go and see her, she persuaded him to get a one way ticket. He was ridiculously over excited about it and went for it.

One week later it's not working out but he did meet a 45 year old ex hooker from Canada who was on an all expenses paid holiday from her sugar daddy.

He comes home next week :lol:

Wor kid has been on the mental ward at south tyneside hispital for a few weeks after dehydration. There's a bloke about 60, Bob, who stands at the door 16 hours a day trying to escape every time a visitor comes in. He came over to us during visiting today and started rummaging in my kids stuff. We asked what he was looking for and he said his mobile, we pointed to his bed and told him it was there and he goes "christ, I'm such a fuckin Mackem". Not sure if you're meant to laugh at them but i was creased.

:lol:

My wife had a relative in the nut house recently and found it amazing that there were those who were fairly 'with it' cohabiting perfectly well with the others who were wired to the moon.

Wor kid has been on the mental ward at south tyneside hispital for a few weeks after dehydration. There's a bloke about 60, Bob, who stands at the door 16 hours a day trying to escape every time a visitor comes in. He came over to us during visiting today and started rummaging in my kids stuff. We asked what he was looking for and he said his mobile, we pointed to his bed and told him it was there and he goes "christ, I'm such a fuckin Mackem". Not sure if you're meant to laugh at them but i was creased.

There isn't a 'mental ward' at south Tyneside. Sounds like he was just on a medical ward with a dementia/delirious patient

There isn't a 'mental ward' at south Tyneside. Sounds like he was just on a medical ward with a dementia/delirious patient

What's ward 5, they all seem to have dementia, memory loss, learning difficulty etc.

Hope your kid is doing alright HF. Say hi from me.

Will do cheers.  Superficial Siderosis is deteriorating him quite badly unfortunately.  Broke his hip last year and permanently in a wheelchair now.  Got a cochlear implant for the deafness recently though and he's still himself... when he's hydrated.

Bloody hell, sorry to hear that. Well wish him all the best, I assume as mad as ever then. Are you staeving him of water just to see how bonkers he can get?

Haha, he's been about as tonto as is possible.  He was scared to talk too loud on the ward last week as MI5 had been onto him for a mission and he couldn't endanger us by sharing national secrets :lol:

Totally unrelated to his permanent ailments though, just had the shits and crapped all the sodium out of his body.  Home again next week.

Will do cheers. Superficial Siderosis is deteriorating him quite badly unfortunately. Broke his hip last year and permanently in a wheelchair now. Got a cochlear implant for the deafness recently though and he's still himself... when he's hydrated.

Shit mate, just looked at this thread now and anyway, REM's song "everybody hurts" is so true and apt (although knowing you you will probably say you hate that song ;) ). I assume we're talking about your brother here btw. You know, for most of us our relationships I think our siblings is the longest we will ever have, longer than with our spouse, parents, or even children. Often we don't make enough effort to make this work. Sounds like you do though.

What's ward 5, they all seem to have dementia, memory loss, learning difficulty etc.

Can't remember off the top of my head, possibly care of the elderly but with the bed shortages you get anyone and everyone bumped onto every ward. There used to be a little mental health hospital at the bottom of the drive but it shut last year. Hope he gets out soon either way

Shit mate, just looked at this thread now and anyway, REM's song "everybody hurts" is so true and apt (although knowing you you will probably say you hate that song ;) ). I assume we're talking about your brother here btw. You know, for most of us our relationships I think our siblings is the longest we will ever have, longer than with our spouse, parents, or even children. Often we don't make enough effort to make this work. Sounds like you do though.

Aye, always been close. We shared a flat for years. Was my best man, propped up against the table 6 months after superficial siderosis hit.

Haha, he's been about as tonto as is possible.  He was scared to talk too loud on the ward last week as MI5 had been onto him for a mission and he couldn't endanger us by sharing national secrets :lol:

Totally unrelated to his permanent ailments though, just had the shits and crapped all the sodium out of his body.  Home again next week.

Sorry to hear that HF, he's lucky to have a good brother around though.

Appreciate it, but there's no need for all the sympathy on my account lads. He's had Marfan since birth. Heart op at 1. Rod in his back at 14. Replaced heart valve at 16. His partner died before their bairn was 1, then 3 years ago the SS was diagnosed, lost most of his sight, taste, smell and hearing since. Broke his hip then went in a wheelchair. And through it all he's been the funniest bloke I've met, so we follow his example and don't dwell on owt.

This bout of the shits and resulting hospital stay is the least of his tribulations.

Was playing snakes and ladders with my nephew last week and he said he was good at it. I said it was a game of luck and he said " aye but I'm a lucky boy". Christ :lol: