General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Some daft cunt come in and offered 10 grand over my house bid, I was top bidder by 1000. Whoever he is has fucked it, it needs 10 grand spending on it and even then will only be worth 5 grand more than he paid. Hope it's a fucking money pit, the prick.

Do solicitors just wank over their self-importance for three months during conveyancing. Has the Internet slowed it down for the poor lambs?

I mean legally they shouldn't have even told me what he bid, but I asked and they did, says it all about estate agents tbh.

Initially there was me and a young couple bidding, I beat them by 1k but both offers were put to the vendor, then literally last minute (best and final offers by 12pm) this fucking helmet comes in and bids 10k more. Hope it bankrupts him and he has to make his other half work the streets,

You remind me a bit of the family I outbid for my house ;) They ranted at the estate agent that they had four kids and nowhere to go and were furious that their bid hadn't been accepted despite being £5k less than what I had offered. If they were that desperate for it then they should've put their money where their mouth is.

You remind me a bit of the family I outbid for my house ;) They ranted at the estate agent that they had four kids and nowhere to go and were furious that their bid hadn't been accepted despite being £5k less than what I had offered. If they were that desperate for it then they should've put their money where their mouth is.

This. I don't get where your sense of injustice has come from, if I'm reading this correctly your offer hadn't been accepted so you haven't been gazumped. Just accept you've been outbid and move on, this is minor shit in the world of house buying.

I'm annoyed at the estate agents. There were two bidders in the running according to them, and the deadline was 12pm on Tuesday for best and final bids. I rang at 11.30 and put in the best offer by 1k.

Then because I hadn't heard anything I rang on Wednesday afternoon and they said the vendors were happy with both bids and they were being considered.

This morning I get a call and there is a mystery bid of 10k more than mine, almost as if it didn't come in before the deadline for best and final offers.

Also I'm living in a rented house with my ex gf, so I am kind of in a fucking rush to get out.

Soz

You're well within your rights mate. Just because it's 'normal' in the world of house buying, doesn't mean that you can't be annoyed about it.

Do you have any others lined up.

I've two more viewings on Saturday one of them needs gutting but is pretty cheap, I can do most of the easier stuff/manual labour myself and get the gas/electrics done by guys from work so that's no bother. Not sure I want to live in a building site mind. The other needs a bit of tarting up but is liveable for now, but isn't as nice as the first.

Think the real issue is my current living situation rather than being annoyed at losing out on a house. It's awkward as fuck

This. I don't get where your sense of injustice has come from, if I'm reading this correctly your offer hadn't been accepted so you haven't been gazumped. Just accept you've been outbid and move on, this is minor shit in the world of house buying.

Shit just got minor.