General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

More like Touche Turtle

[emoji38]

Did anyone else have the Professor Nod and his Turtle Race board game?

Oh Dave you haven't got one of those Brian Blessed jobs have you?

[emoji38]

Did anyone else have the Professor Nod and his Turtle Race board game?

Oh Dave you haven't got one of those Brian Blessed jobs have you?

I don't know what that would be... but I'm going to say no. Still in the old job, still looking for a new one.

One of those giant ones. Basically if I punched you in your beard I would completely miss your face.

For the record, that would never happen. I would knock you clean out.

Is it off form to have a cheeky spliff at a wedding? Not sure it is. Been to one wedding where there was no bar and only half a bottle of wine per guest (Catholic / France) and it was awful, completely forgettable. Been to another where the couple were total hippies (Civil / Germany) and half of their mates were stoned out of their minds during the service or whatever its called. Was very funny.

I dont get the cigar thing either, they are minging.

:lol:

I once went walking with some friends and we stopped off at a country house for coffee. There was a wedding there that day. At 10am there were a few lads walking about smoking joints.

I'm wondering how many weddings frequented by Dave and his mates have resulted in the father of bride being hospitalised with smoke inhalation. I can picture some poor old bastard trying to smoke some ridiculous fat fucker cigar in three minutes just to get away from the relentless bantz.

did they have a choice in that or is it one of those awkward moments when the banter boys are being placated by awkward people wondering wtf they're playing at :D

We always run it by the bride & groom first. Be a bit shitty if the bride's dad just got over lung cancer and we offer him a smoke. :lol:

The last wedding I was at there was loads of drugs on the go, everyone was fucking off to the loo every 5 minutes to do lines or take MDMA. There was a constant rolling operation going on outside. One of the best parties I have ever been to.

Nobody smoked any cigars though.

Marriage lasted less than a year anarl

I think we can all see why...

The last wedding I was at there was loads of drugs on the go, everyone was fucking off to the loo every 5 minutes to do lines or take MDMA. There was a constant rolling operation going on outside. One of the best parties I have ever been to.

That wedding sounds a bit 'Pennywell estate' to me

Funnily enough, the 2 demographics furthest apart in the British class system are probably the most prolific drug takers. Friend of mine went to one of the most highly ranked public schools, his Dad is an actual Lord. Always stuff going on at his parties, the wedding was on Corfu but no exception.

Agreed though, think its bad form unless the couple are expressly encouraging it or whatever (in which case who cares?) but i think people who do it at a wedding without the express permission of the couple are a bit out of order.

Was thinking about the scenario where we do tie the knot, would i expressly ban that sort of behaviour? Think some of my more wayward mates would think twice about coming if i did.

Funnily enough, the 2 demographics furthest apart in the British class system are probably the most prolific drug takers. Friend of mine went to one of the most highly ranked public schools, his Dad is an actual Lord. Always stuff going on at his parties, the wedding was on Corfu but no exception.

Agreed though, think its bad form unless the couple are expressly encouraging it or whatever (in which case who cares?) but i think people who do it at a wedding without the express permission of the couple are a bit out of order.

Was thinking about the scenario where we do tie the knot, would i expressly ban that sort of behaviour? Think some of my more wayward mates would think twice about coming if i did.

Is that last bit serious? Some of your mates would not come to your wedding if they had to not take drugs for a day?

I'd be looking for new mates