General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

One of the cats has been behaving weird the past few days. Seemed under the weather and would flinch when you went to stroke him.

I noticed last night that the bridge of his nose seemed a bit swollen, at which point I discovered a clump of stuck together fur on top of his head. Pulled it to one side and was met with a never ending river of pus. Which fucking reeked.

5 minutes and half a kitchen roll later, I reached the source which was a bite wound on the top of his head. Took him straight to the vet hospital at Cramlington and he now has a shaved head, one of those gimp collars on and is dosed up on antibiotics and anti inflammatories.

He's livid about this collar. Keeps walking backwards to try and back out of it, and when that doesn't work be leaps forward as if he can just jump through it. [emoji38]

That fucking pus though. I wouldn't have thought it was possible for that much to be in a cat. It had developed into an abscess, the poor fucker, so no wonder he wasn't keen in you touching his head.

Can anyone remember a thread somewhere or other on here where an Aussie poster , who's name escapes me now,was located on Google Earth and some pictures of his home town were posted? Maybe 12-18 months ago? Am in rural NSW and drove through a very familiar looking place this week... :unsure:

Edit: think the poster was a divorcee and had childcare issues?...

Edited by PaddockLad

One of the cats has been behaving weird the past few days. Seemed under the weather and would flinch when you went to stroke him.

I noticed last night that the bridge of his nose seemed a bit swollen, at which point I discovered a clump of stuck together fur on top of his head. Pulled it to one side and was met with a never ending river of pus. Which fucking reeked.

5 minutes and half a kitchen roll later, I reached the source which was a bite wound on the top of his head. Took him straight to the vet hospital at Cramlington and he now has a shaved head, one of those gimp collars on and is dosed up on antibiotics and anti inflammatories.

He's livid about this collar. Keeps walking backwards to try and back out of it, and when that doesn't work be leaps forward as if he can just jump through it. [emoji38]

That fucking pus though. I wouldn't have thought it was possible for that much to be in a cat. It had developed into an abscess, the poor fucker, so no wonder he wasn't keen in you touching his head.

It will be off a cat bite. Ours has had a few, infection brews under the wound for a few days and then the wound opens up and leaks. Antibiotics and a few days in and they will be fine. Take the collar off if you're keeping him indoors

I took it off this morning but he immediately set about licking his paw and rubbing the wound, so I'm gonna keep it in for a day or two at least. He already seems to have perked up a bit this morning and the swelling on his face has gone down.