General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Cheers mate

We both wanted to know. It seems to be a generation thing. In the 80s you couldn't find out and everyone my parents age thinks that's the norm. These days you can pay £40 at mothercare and find out even before your 20week scan.

We found out on Christmas Eve and asked them to write it down so we could open it in front of the tree :D

That's what I thought, but a lot of my uni mates are either pregnant, or have recently shot one out their fanny and they all want it "to be a surprise". Might be a woman thing?

That's what I thought, but a lot of my uni mates are either pregnant, or have recently shot one out their fanny and they all want it "to be a surprise". Might be a woman thing?

Really? :lol: Maybe it's just a discussion that a couple has and they decide that they want to know or they don't :dunno:

Gay.

:lol: People make such a massive fuss. Saw a mate yesterday with his 4 week old baby, didnt mention him once the whole day. Its his second and i was all smiles and 'wahey', he on other hand did not want to talk about the baby and was focused on the consumption of food / alcohol. Very matter of fact.

That was however a very sweet story from SEW, clearly not the hard man he tries to portray on here. ;)

Really? :lol: Maybe it's just a discussion that a couple has and they decide that they want to know or they don't :dunno:

:dunno: Most lads I know would want to know asap, most girls don't. Riddle me that Tits McGee!

:lol: People make such a massive fuss. Saw a mate yesterday with his 4 week old baby, didnt mention him once the whole day. Its his second and i was all smiles and 'wahey', he on other hand did not want to talk about the baby and was focused on the consumption of food / alcohol. Very matter of fact.

That was however a very sweet story from SEW, clearly not the hard man he tries to portray on here. ;)

I'm the opposite end of the scale when it comes to my family. I'm very happily married and can't wait til the baby is here :D

One of my best mates spends as much time as he can away from his Mrs and never wants kids. I find that a bit weird personally.

:dunno: Most lads I know would want to know asap, most girls don't. Riddle me that Tits McGee!

And 3 of the girls I work with are pregnant at the moment and wanted to find out asap. They already have the child named and refer to them as if they're already born. "Oh Olivia was kicking me all night.." To each their own. Personally I didn't find out but was convinced it was a girl. Without going into details, much hilarity ensued when he finally arrived and it's one of my most amazing and joyful moments. I can understand why people want to know and also why they don't - just personal choice and doesn't have anything to do with parental gender in my opinion.

Gemmill might remember this, before the Frank Skinner gig a couple of years ago there was a canny funny act, can't remember his name, anyway one of his jokes was when his child was born, the doctors literally couldn't determine the sex (boy with tiny penis or girl with large clitoris). So when he meets his friends and relatives outside the delivery room and they ask him if it was a girl or boy....... Awkward.

And 3 of the girls I work with are pregnant at the moment and wanted to find out asap. They already have the child named and refer to them as if they're already born. "Oh Olivia was kicking me all night.." To each their own. Personally I didn't find out but was convinced it was a girl. Without going into details, much hilarity ensued when he finally arrived and it's one of my most amazing and joyful moments. I can understand why people want to know and also why they don't - just personal choice and doesn't have anything to do with parental gender in my opinion.

Bloody nora, I don't think I'd be able to do that. This probably makes little sense, but I'd worry that naming it would tempt fate.

fwiw I wasn't seriously saying that "them blimmin wimmin, always wanting surprises". I was just curious as it's a very definite split between the genders in my friendship group. You needn't jump in front of the King's horse or owt.

Gemmill might remember this, before the Frank Skinner gig a couple of years ago there was a canny funny act, can't remember his name, anyway one of his jokes was when his child was born, the doctors literally couldn't determine the sex (boy with tiny penis or girl with large clitoris). So when he meets his friends and relatives outside the delivery room and they ask him if it was a girl or boy....... Awkward.

I missed his support and turned up just in time for Skinner. I'm ice cool like that.

I didn't want to find out. Saves £100s.

It's crazy how little wear babies get out of clothes. Ours have literally worn outfits once.

Not so bad if it's primark but we got Hugo Boss jeans and top that came to £100. Full Newcastle kits (plural) for about half that.

Absolutely insane.

Minimising the period of madness when people are hoying shit like that at you (or when the other half is able to indulge) is essential.

I didn't want to find out. Saves £100s.

It's crazy how little wear babies get out of clothes. Ours have literally worn outfits once.

Not so bad if it's primark but we got Hugo Boss jeans and top that came to £100. Full Newcastle kits (plural) for about half that.

Absolutely insane.

Minimising the period of madness when people are hoying shit like that at you (or when the other half is able to indulge) is essential.

I can tell you where you went wrong if you like?

I meant as a gift.

The mams go mental as soon as they know what you're having.

Unconscionable to tell them.

Ah, fairymuff.

I've seen people buying Ugg boots for kids who can't even walk. Arseholes, should be shot in the sun.

I'm the opposite end of the scale when it comes to my family. I'm very happily married and can't wait til the baby is here :D

One of my best mates spends as much time as he can away from his Mrs and never wants kids. I find that a bit weird personally.

just wait till you're drowning in a sea of dirty nappies and you can't move around your house without stepping on some piece of plastic tat that starts playing row, row, row your boat, while almost puncturing your toe. that combined with not having sex for about six months because you're mrs is too knackered from the night time feeds and, well, i don't really want to go there about the other reasons you won't get laid for a while, and you'll soon be climbing the walls to get out of the house.

jokes aside, it is a magic time - all the best with it.

on the knowing the sex side, i couldn't live knowing i could find out. zero willpower. plus you can start getting in non neutral baby clothes and end the naming argument - or at least cut it in half.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Unless there's extenuating circumstances then I think you'd be taking something away from the day of the birth by knowing the sex. We certainly didn't want to know when asked with our two.

Cheers mate

We both wanted to know. It seems to be a generation thing. In the 80s you couldn't find out and everyone my parents age thinks that's the norm. These days you can pay £40 at mothercare and find out even before your 20week scan.

We found out on Christmas Eve and asked them to write it down so we could open it in front of the tree :D

Just spewed up

It was the wife that wanted to know the gender of the baby right away. The wife had the Harmony test at 10 weeks into the pregnancy to test for any genetic disorders but it can also determine the gender of the baby so we found out pretty early on. Been a dad for seven months now and it has been an incredible time. Enjoy it SEW