General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Is this a situation where we should offer our congratulations? It's feels like it should be but might not be considered appropriate given the circumstances.

Don't keep it in your pocket. Just wear a blob next time!

Just an update on Tinder girl : She has decided not to go ahead with pregnancy. Time to keep little McGroin in his pants for a while. Lesson learnt.

Fuck that! This is the universe telling you that you can do what you like without fear of repercussion. You're Teflon mate!

In probably the most awkward situation of my life ATM. Me and our lass broke up 2 months after signing a 12 month lease on a rented house. Currently sleeping in the spare room on a fucking futon while she sleeps on our brand new kingsize bed in the other room.

Weirdest thing is she has been nicer to me in the last couple of weeks than she has in a year or so.

Been running round like a blue arsed fly to sort myself a mortgage the last week or so, had it agreed in principle today, got 5 viewings lined up for the next few days. Hopefully one comes off soon, I need out of here. How long does it take getting all the paperwork done for buying your first house?

In probably the most awkward situation of my life ATM. Me and our lass broke up 2 months after signing a 12 month lease on a rented house. Currently sleeping in the spare room on a fucking futon while she sleeps on our brand new kingsize bed in the other room.

Weirdest thing is she has been nicer to me in the last couple of weeks than she has in a year or so.

Been running round like a blue arsed fly to sort myself a mortgage the last week or so, had it agreed in principle today, got 5 viewings lined up for the next few days. Hopefully one comes off soon, I need out of here. How long does it take getting all the paperwork done for buying your first house?

The current Mrs PL is a legal secretary and is advising 3-4 months on average from when an offer is accepted, but that could be just 3 or up to 6+++ depending on what crops up. "It takes as long as it takes" is the erm "legal" phrase she's just used....sorry to hear of your troubles mate, best thing to do is get down to your local branch of Dreams so you can get rid of the Japanese torture rack :good:

I'd say six months is the very upper end of things. Assuming that your seller has an offer accepted elsewhere then I'd say three - four months. It's the lazy arsed solicitors that hold the whole thing up.

Too many variables to know but probably 6 weeks minimum for a first time buyer. My last move was 2 months which is pretty impressive considering the complexities involved.

Gemmill's the expert. ;)

Is the dog in the hallway, pacing back and forth, not knowing where it's loyalty lies? Poor little bugger.

Cheap trick but always have some aniseed on you, dogs love that shit. :good:

Good luck strawbs man. Hopefully its a quick one. A mate of mine should be moving into his new gaff in under 2.5 month. Thats a quick one as its a no chain.

Solicitors are cunts when it comes to conveyancing so dont be shy on pushing the bastards.

Good luck kid and make sure you get the kingsize!

Is the dog in the hallway, pacing back and forth, not knowing where it's loyalty lies? Poor little bugger.

Cheap trick but always have some aniseed on you, dogs love that shit. :good:

The dog likes me loads more than it likes her, but she is staying with my parents for a couple of weeks anyway.

The mortgage advisor said 3 months is average for FTB, hope it isn't fucking 6! Cheers for the help gents

Biggest risk for a ftb is for the chain to break above them, and there probably will be one. Should that happen it could set you back many months.

Just to cheer you up strawb. ;)

On the flip side mine took 6 weeks so it's not necessarily going to be months.

Mostly depends on who you go with, its nearing peak(ish) mortgage season at the moment as well.

Took about 9 weeks for mine from acceptance of offer to completion. That included Christmas and New Year in the middle and a short chain on my buyer's side (a First Time Buyer was buying their place). I was buying new build so no real delays on my side. If not for Christmas, it probably would have completed about 3 weeks quicker.

Most banks do app to offer in 20 days or less, so it'll not be mortgages that slow things down. Much more likely to be searches and general slowness from solicitors. Obviously the shorter you can keep the chain, the fewer delays you'll have to endure.