General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

surely that arrangement would affect your spending habits? i would feel guilty about spending money on silly stuff, which i'm prone to do from time to time, if everything came out of a joint account. i probably wouldn't have bought the hover board on a whim, for example, and what a fucking tragedy that would have been.

sharing collective outgoings but retaining license to spend money earned on the odd indulgent or extravagant item is healthy thing - not a sign of a lack of trust or commitment in a relationship.

dying to hear where CT stands on this. i can't imagine his Mrs would be loving it the purchases for his latest hobbies, which become obsolete in a matter of weeks, are all slung on a shared account.

edit - just seen CT's post. i figured as much.

I made daft purchases and so did she. No guilt required. I mean I'm divorced no worries so I wouldn't use this as a blueprint for anything, but it was fine at the time.

I made daft purchases and so did she. No guilt required. I mean I'm divorced no worries so I wouldn't use this as a blueprint for anything, but it was fine at the time.

that's true enough, it didn't stop you dropping a monkey on a robotic hoover

I used to have one account that everything went into and everything went out of. I earned more than her but whatever was left was just available to both of us. Can't understand a situation where people are married but want to engineer a situation where they effectively retain their salary as their own.

Aye, tight cunts who earn more and keep it every month

We put a chunk into the joint account each month to cover mortgage/bills, I pay for both cars which makes up the shortfall in her wage and we are both left with roughly the same amount of expendable income each month.

Didn't want to go down the 1 joint account route as it would be a bastard trying to buy presents etc. for each other without the other one finding out

Zen master! I'd be livid if some Doris was spending beyond what she earned because of my income and then divorced me. Not that that is the issue here but hats off to the attitude.

Not a dig but you seem pretty money orientated? I understand that some relationships don't work out but if you're already pre empting that then your half way there imo

Not a dig but you seem pretty money orientated? I understand that some relationships don't work out but if you're already pre empting that then your half way there imo

:lol:

On January 12 2016 Taranaki Judge Allan Roberts announced his retirement, as reported by the Taranaki Daily News. A man named Troy LaRue found the story on social media, and made an uncomplimentary remark about Roberts’ appearance. Unluckily, he was summonsed to the court for unpaid traffic fines a few days later. Sitting at the bench that day? Judge Roberts.

The following is the previously unpublished transcript of proceedings from the New Plymouth District Court on January 21. Judge Roberts, one week before he retired from the bench, takes the opportunity to make Troy William Henry LaRue face up to his (Facebook) crimes, in what may go down as the second-greatest New Zealand crime story of the year.

La-Rue11.jpg

La-Rue21.jpg

La-Rue31.jpgLa-Rue41.jpg

Edited by The Fish

Just as money orientated as Dr G, Strawbs, ewerk and Meenzer etc who opt for the separate accounts and one joint for joint expenditure. Which is what i was thinking seemed reasonable. Not made my decision yet but thanks for the input previously!

You have no idea how much money i have or what i earn so i could be money orientated or massively generous, you cant really make that judgement with the information you've got.

Yeah we aren't married, don't own a house, she doesn't drive etc. I don't expect her to pay for my car insurance just like I wouldn't expect to pay for her haircuts.

We have rent, bills and dog expenses that we each pay half of into a joint account that we got for that purpose. The rest of the money we each earn we can spend on whatever the fuck we like, although I always pay if we eat out or cinema etc as I earn more.

FWIW A mate of mine had the separate accounts paying into one with his lass for a few years.

He then found out she was pretty shit with money and was in debt. He's like me with his money pretty anal with spreadsheets :lol: They decided to get one joint account to pay into and he took control of her debts and now she is debt free and pretty good with her money. Brave move like, but he obviously trusted her and its worked out fine. They're married now with a nipper and all seems fine.

I think it's whatever works for you re
ally.

Edited by wykikitoon

It's paid for from a standing order from the joint account. We use an m&s credit card for all joint expenses when out and about - meals out, weekly shop etc - for the rewards

Switch to Santander 123

We only have individual accounts to maximise the benefits. I have 3 current accounts and standing orders to collect the benefits from them. The wife has 2.

Ultimately though she gives all her money to me and I sort all the bills. Including the mortgage and insurance on our own flats that we rent out and I manage the income from. She spends whatever she wants on the credit card and would never take the piss... Nor would I ever question any of her spending because I spend more on 1 matchday than she does in a month.

She's always been brilliant with money. Hotukdeals, money saving expert, quidco and all that. We get deliveries every day and sometimes I joke about her over spending, but it all goes in the loft and covers birthdays and Christmas rather than paying top whack the week before.

I earn twice what she does but she's bringing up my kids. If we split then we'd go back to our own flats and take half the profits from the house each.