General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

So what's Hungary like? Been offered the chance to go work there for a few weeks. Not really anywhere near Budapest though and doesn't seem to be much about. My main concerns are is there any kind of drinking culture with access to Premier League games. I don't fancy sitting an a hotel room watching them on a laptop, wifi'd accommodation of course being a deal breaker.

Don't think "premier league" games are going to be a necessity :lol:

Which of you married mugs or co-habiters have joint bank accounts? If you do, does all the joint incomes go into one account or do you split?

Or do you have separate accounts?

We have separate and pay proportionately but our lass wants everything through one account and full privileges on my account. Not sure what i am comfortable with. We have 2 kids and a house together. Not officially married but legally PACS'ed which is a kind of civil partnership.

Fairly private information so would understand if no one wants to answer hence not starting a thread.

How do people manage their joint finances?

We've a joint account for household shit and our own accounts for everything else that our wages are paid into. No kids.

From speaking to friends it seems to be fairly uncommon these days to just have one joint account for everything.

Which of you married mugs or co-habiters have joint bank accounts? If you do, does all the joint incomes go into one account or do you split?

Or do you have separate accounts?

We have separate and pay proportionately but our lass wants everything through one account and full privileges on my account. Not sure what i am comfortable with. We have 2 kids and a house together. Not officially married but legally PACS'ed which is a kind of civil partnership.

Fairly private information so would understand if no one wants to answer hence not starting a thread.

How do people manage their joint finances?

I only get a 20 bag when there's fresh bread and milk in. Stay responsible.

I used to have one account that everything went into and everything went out of. I earned more than her but whatever was left was just available to both of us. Can't understand a situation where people are married but want to engineer a situation where they effectively retain their salary as their own.

Ours wasn't a conscious decision, it's just the way it was when we first moved in together long before we were married.

Though I would be hesitant if she were to suggest total joint finances. I don't know why but I would.

So what's Hungary like? Been offered the chance to go work there for a few weeks. Not really anywhere near Budapest though and doesn't seem to be much about. My main concerns are is there any kind of drinking culture with access to Premier League games. I don't fancy sitting an a hotel room watching them on a laptop, wifi'd accommodation of course being a deal breaker.

If only a few weeks, why don't you go and you could spend a few weekends in Budapest? As it's only an hour and a half away on the train. Vienna and even Krakow and Prague would also be doable if you had overnight stays.

Separate accounts here, rent and some bills go through mine, some bills go through his, monthly standing order to settle the difference. Easy enough. That way he doesn't have to worry about spending my money on 1990s country CDs from eBay and I don't have to worry about spending his money on massively overpriced Italian tat from the local deli. :good:

Call me an old romantic, but how does a "joint account only" situation work when it comes to buying birthday/Christmas presents for each other, for example? Do you just have to feign surprise and pretend you didn't already notice the payments to Ticketmaster/Expedia/Ernest Jones/Ann Summers when you logged into your online banking a month or two back? :dunno:

I used to have one account that everything went into and everything went out of. I earned more than her but whatever was left was just available to both of us. Can't understand a situation where people are married but want to engineer a situation where they effectively retain their salary as their own.

No regrets that she got to spend your cash now you're divorced?

If only a few weeks, why don't you go and you could spend a few weekends in Budapest? As it's only an hour and a half away on the train. Vienna and even Krakow and Prague would also be doable if you had overnight stays.

I've already looked into going into Budapest at the weekend and probably will get a hotel if I do. I'm definitely going now I fly tomorrow. I'm not sure on my working days/hours yet so can't really plan anything, going into a meeting at 3 today to get the final details. I'm not sure if I'm even staying in Mor yet I just know that's where the plant is. I'm bricking not being able to watch any football though. Will Skygo work over there? Are their internet connections going to be a bit third world?

Both pay into the joint that covers mortgage, bills & eating out etc. We also have a joint savings account. I earn more than her so pay in slightly more which I am fine with. What I have left over in my account each month is mine. We both have our own seperate savings etc. I spunk my wages on bike shit, her's on shoes and shit.

Both pay into the joint that covers mortgage, bills & eating out etc. We also have a joint savings account. I earn more than her so pay in slightly more which I am fine with. What I have left over in my account each month is mine. We both have our own seperate savings etc. I spunk my wages on bike shit, her's on shoes and shit.

Does she get to spend any of it? How many pairs have you got?

Joint debit account for bills, mortgage etc, joint credit card for food etc. individual accounts retained for personal outgoings. I don't expect her to pay for my nights out on the piss, ditto me paying for her online shopping habit.

I've already looked into going into Budapest at the weekend and probably will get a hotel if I do. I'm definitely going now I fly tomorrow. I'm not sure on my working days/hours yet so can't really plan anything, going into a meeting at 3 today to get the final details. I'm not sure if I'm even staying in Mor yet I just know that's where the plant is. I'm bricking not being able to watch any football though. Will Skygo work over there? Are their internet connections going to be a bit third world?

Székesfehérvár is just down the road and has sports bars, Irish pubs and the like. Scroll down to "Beer": http://www.liberoguide.com/szekesfehervar/

You can't officially watch Skygo abroad but there's probably some way round it. No idea re: internet connection but I would guess it'll be fine.

This, if you've got separate bank accounts it suggests to me you're not fully committed which I think is bizarre if you have kids together. Use a credit card for presents etc.