General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I looked at shoreditch and it looked like a transport nightmare. Will the tube even be feasible after a gig? Any recommendations in the West End? Not really looking for anything special, just somewhere that'll stay busy until the early hours. It's a Saturday night so that'll help. Oh and teeming with fanny as well, not going with my Mam and Dad. :woot:

I looked at shoreditch and it looked like a transport nightmare. Will the tube even be feasible after a gig? Any recommendations in the West End? Not really looking for anything special, just somewhere that'll stay busy until the early hours. It's a Saturday night so that'll help. Oh and teeming with fanny as well, not going with my Mam and Dad. :woot:

:lol:

Good to hear!

Don't worry too much about the transport thing, it does take a little while to get on a central-bound train from Wembley after a gig or a match but it's pretty well organised and marshalled even with a stadium's-worth of people shuffling through. So don't bother staying on the Wembley side of the city (which is, as mentioned, shit and dull), just stay somewhere properly central that's on the Metropolitan or Jubilee lines and you'll have the best of both worlds, easy transport to/from the gig and stuff to do afterwards.

Cheers. Any recommendations? Every time I pick somewhere the hotel prices are eye-watering :lol:

If you don't give a shit about the room service or an on-site gym and are just after a bed & a shower, you could do a lot worse than:

http://www.tunehotels.com/my/en/our-hotels/london-liverpool-street

Some mates stayed there when came to visit and it does the job nicely, apparently.

Bonus is that it's near to a transport hub in Liverpool St, near to Brick Lane for the fanny & the pub next door is decent too.

The British Museum stays open late on Saturdays, or you could arrange a meet up with the local Ramblers group afterwards.

The British Museum is much more interesting than Coldplay

If you don't give a shit about the room service or an on-site gym and are just after a bed & a shower, you could do a lot worse than:

Some mates stayed there when came to visit and it does the job nicely, apparently.

Bonus is that it's near to a transport hub in Liverpool St, near to Brick Lane for the fanny & the pub next door is decent too.

Or if you don't mind going thoroughly downmarket, drunk foreign backpackers abound here

(It's even near to the British Museum. :D )

Cheers, I stayed in a Ibis hotel in Liverpool at a stag party a couple of years ago and hated it. That seems like the same sort of thing. The sales pitch of only listing what isn't included is either appealing to the thriftiest 1% of the population or some kind of weird reverse psychology attempt. :D

Cheers, I stayed in a Ibis hotel in Liverpool at a stag party a couple of years ago and hated it. That seems like the same sort of thing. The sales pitch of only listing what isn't included is either appealing to the thriftiest 1% of the population or some kind of weird reverse psychology attempt. :D

:lol: You're the one too tight to pay for a decent hotel man.

You could always try serviced apartments or AirBnB?

Or you could try having better taste in music? ;)

:lol: You're the one too tight to pay for a decent hotel man.

You could always try serviced apartments or AirBnB?

Or you could try having better taste in music? ;)

Airbnb i looked at and seems reasonable compared to hotels! Never used it though is it reliable?

Cheers. Any recommendations? Every time I pick somewhere the hotel prices are eye-watering :lol:

you could always try a youth hostel if you don't mind living in filth and potentially risking your life. i doubt you'll find a bed for much less than the £13 per night you'll have to pay to stay at the St Christopher's Inn in Camden. Staying there would probably be quite a lively end to the evening

https://www.st-christophers.co.uk/london-hostels/camden

Airbnb i looked at and seems reasonable compared to hotels! Never used it though is it reliable?

Yeah, it's excellent. Use it whenever me and my lass do city breaks, haven't had a bad experience yet.

Anyone having a bet on Cheltenham today? Had 3 winners yesterday including a 12/1, had one in the first today as well. Love Cheltenham far more than the national.