General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Oh, next you'll be claiming that 'climate change' exists.

It triggered the Syrian war silly.

Seriously,we're going to have to expect this more and more though. In the UK it's not going to be better beer garden weather, its going to be more storms.

Just seen the bridge to Pooley bridge on ullswater has gone. Fucking hell, how do you access pooley bridge now then? Am sure the relief CT can't get there any more will be outweighed by zero other tourists.

@@StraightEdgeWizard

:lol: fuck! I saw the pictures on telly. Nightmare. My mother lives out in Stanhope. It's on the fringes of the where the storm was at its worst and even she's had slates fly off the roof, half the trees in her garden fall over - including a good size oak!

Edited by Dr Gloom

Managed to have a weekend in a lakefront lodge on Windemere the same day as the biggest rainfall/flood in Cumbria's history :lol:

The cabin was on stilts so stayed dry but it was knee deep (literally) to get off the decking and up the bank to dry land. It's been a good laugh though

Once in a lifetime experience I suppose :lol:

;)

@@StraightEdgeWizard

:lol: fuck! I saw the pictures on telly. Nightmare. My mother lives out in Stanhope. It's on the fringes of the where the storm was at its worst and even she's had slates fly off the roof, half the trees in her garden fall over - including a good size oak!

Worst part of the weekend was the drive over the a66 on Friday. Worst wind I've driven in. We passed 4 or 5 electronic signs saying the road was shut to high vehicles and it was full of the twats. One blew over a few hundred metres in front of us blocking both lanes leaving us in gridlock with the car rocking side to side and the Windows bowing! Finally got past it but it rained solidly from Friday night to Sunday morning leaving us waking up to this

We were supposed to have a beach in front of the lodge before the lake

47AC371D-C8BF-44A5-9E29-D54152B899BA_zps

Boat house next door

2CA39B0E-87F1-4258-A31E-118C19A70CD4_zps

61D3EBF2-0779-4A2B-AC73-D2A1208A8459_zps

Gate into the lodge. I think the first 4 steps were underwater, around 2feet deep

B0510E14-65D8-4FF9-A8AD-7340EC45D454_zps

It's my grandma's 90th birthday on Thursday. She recently mentioned that she and my grandda (91 on Christmas Eve) would love to go to the Lakes for a few days in the spring so that's what us grandchildren are giving her as her pressie. Can't help but think now is the time to book...

Glenridding was on the national news there. Place looks wrecked, the hotel I go to has been utterly gutted. Hope they get back on their feet soon. Thing is, I can't imagine any feasible flood protection there so this could happen again. Also can't imagine what it was like on the fells last weekend.

Glenridding was on the national news there. Place looks wrecked, the hotel I go to has been utterly gutted. Hope they get back on their feet soon. Thing is, I can't imagine any feasible flood protection there so this could happen again. Also can't imagine what it was like on the fells last weekend.

Looks awful doesnt it :(

Got to feel for the bloke whose job it is to climb Helvellyn every day.

Awful stuff, one of my favourite places in the world. Had a week booked in a lodge at Patterdale Hall estates next June. It's right next to the lake and apparently has been completely submerged. Very sad when I think what a great time I had there in the summer.

My mate from Germany, with whom I did a road trip including the Lakes a few months ago, has been in touch saying he wants to go back as soon as they're sorted and plough some money into the local economy. Which is a very German way of looking at things, but quite sweet all the same. :D