General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Watch out for all the rats in the car park.

Go to Annette's diner. Kids will love the waiters / waitresses on roller skates and they all get on the counter for a sing song. All that's missing is the Fonz.

When doors open head straight for the rides at the back of the park as they are usually quiet whilst most people meander round the sides first.

Stay for the fireworks / parade.

Favourite rides:

Pirates of the Caribbean / earthquake ride.

Use kids to get close to Disney princesses.

Going to Disneyland on Friday. Even though it's only 30 minutes away, we've resisted going until now. Anyone been to the one over here? Any tips?

I personally found it better than the US one, if you've ever been to the US ones it works the same basically for the fast pass tickets. The place is a good size but ok for just a couple of days visit. The only real tip I'd say is to eat early on as the food places get chocka, and of course make sure you capture and cherish the looks on your kids faces if they're still quite young when they see/meet any of the characters. Those moments are priceless, cliche or not. I thought I'd hate it but there's something for everyone and it's great seeing the bairns enjoying the experience.

I personally found it better than the US one, if you've ever been to the US ones it works the same basically for the fast pass tickets. The place is a good size but ok for just a couple of days visit. The only real tip I'd say is to eat early on as the food places get chocka, and of course make sure you capture and cherish the looks on your kids faces if they're still quite young when they see/meet any of the characters. Those moments are priceless, cliche or not. I thought I'd hate it but there's something for everyone and it's great seeing the bairns enjoying the experience.

Girl is 5 and is massively into all things princess and Disney, so should be hilarious. The boy is 20 months so is just coming online from a consciousness perspective so we should get some entertainment from him too.

Girl is 5 and is massively into all things princess and Disney, so should be hilarious. The boy is 20 months so is just coming online from a consciousness perspective so we should get some entertainment from him too.

Great age for the girl to enjoy it. We've been three times when mine were a bit younger. To be fair to CT, the first time we went I was almost dumbstruck by one of the Princesses, (sleeping beauty), when the eldest was talking to her. What a stunning lass she was. Anyway, it's a canny enough day out, some decent rides, (alas not sleeping beauty) and hopefully some good memories. :good:

Going to Disneyland on Friday. Even though it's only 30 minutes away, we've resisted going until now. Anyone been to the one over here? Any tips?

it's a theme park, but disney does them better than anyone else. it's magic for the little ones, and like HMHM says, it's worth the overpriced fast food and queues to see the look of awe on their faces.

the magic kingdom is class for the old disney stuff for the little ones - peter pan's flight, it's a small world, pirates of the caribbean etc. the disney studios park lacks the charm of the magic kingdom, but it's got the pixar parade, which my boy loved, and has rides featuring characters from cars, bugs life, ratatouille etc. my lad met spiderman there too, which was his personal highlight.

if you're into rides for adults, try and find time to have a go on space mountain and the tower of terror.

last time i went, my sister was walking with a crutch after breaking her foot so we got to jump all the queues, so my advice is feign an injury and you'll see more of the place.

the one downside is the parisians. they don't quite get it. i don't entirely blame them, but the kids running the rides are moody and sullen and they don't really get into character with quite the same enthusiasm as the yanks. plus there's litter and people smoking in the queues that you don't get in there