General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Devastated :(

The early season cycle reliability rides are in flow. The Otley one which is very local to me was yesterday. I have done it for the last few years, but yesterday couldn't as I was away in the morning. The Otley one is very popular with the pro's in the area, including the Brownlee's.

Anyways, heard rumors on the return leg of an accident. Found out this morning a lad who I know and have ridden with, raced with and shared a coffee with, was killed yesterday. Went under a car :( Left 3 beautiful young girls behind.

Gutted :(

Less-than-hirsute French/Chelsea gobshite Frank Lebeouf has a three minute cameo as a Swiss doctor in the Oscar nominated Hawking biopic The Theory of Everything. He's the only person with a world cup winners medal and an Oscar nomination :huh:

Edited by PaddockLad

I've just unsubscribed from it cos I'm suffering from pod overload. Do I need to make an exception for these latest episodes?

Its about what cops see what outsiders see. Basically after the Garner case. Its a two part one. The second one is pretty mental.

I am staying in Rothbury in March and want to do a couple of rides out that way. @@Gemmill or @@Tooj know any decent rides? I wouldnt mind riding over to the coast but unsure of the roads. I.e busyness etc.

Is the B6431 out towards the coast a busy road?

The Virgin Money Cyclone passes through Rothbury so it might be worth looking at that route and cobbling something together from that.

There's three routes, ride C is the big 106 miler.

https://virginmoneycyclone.co.uk/CycloneChallengeMaps.asp

Its about what cops see what outsiders see. Basically after the Garner case. Its a two part one. The second one is pretty mental.

I've only listened to half of the second part so far but it has been pretty interesting.

I find some episodes of This American Life are a bit hit and miss but I can usually tell within the first 10 minutes or so whether I'm going to like each one.