General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The people who gave the money wanted it to go to him. Why didn't you have a frugal wedding, skip the honeymoon and donate £10k to charity instead. Or is that different?

Aye it's a mint way to restore the bloke's faith in humanity after what must have been a pretty shitty experience.

It really isn't, I guess I'm struggling to put into words what I mean. Its up to £320k now.

I guess it's the same issue I have with the folks who give £2 to comic relief because they see a video of disabled kids in between sketches of Ricky Gervais pulling his mong face for laughs, then don't give a second thought to charity for another 364 days. The same folks that pass a homeless man and pretend they are on their phone to avoid eye contact.

And I know 'charity is charity whatever the reasons behind it and how can you find fault with that' before anyone says it. Like I say, I'm struggling to put into words what I mean. Just seems overkill that this guys on his way to half a mil after a broken arm when there's kids dying daily that don't get a seconds thought

Your post was the definition of sarcasm

If I was being sarcastic, which I wasn't, whichever post you were talking about would have been an example of sarcasm rather than the definition of it. Perhaps it's time to quit while you're behind.

Humanity tries to salvage some credibility back and still you get fucking cretins dishing out disparaging scepticism.

You could've spent the time you took typing that to volunteer.

If I was being sarcastic, which I wasn't, whichever post you were talking about would have been an example of sarcasm rather than the definition of it. Perhaps it's time to quit while you're behind.

I wasn't speaking literally

It's clear no one wants to discuss my opinion sensibly so Ill leave this one

You didn't want a sensible discussion. Rather than recognise your own hypocrisy you used your working for the NHS as some sort of justification why your own standards didn't need to be applied to yourself. It reminded me of the time when you openly admitted to buying stuff cheaper abroad so as to not pay UK tax*. You also justified that by claiming you 'did your bit' (or words to that effect) whilst completely missing the irony that both your career and the NHS are only possible because people pay tax rather than evade it.

*Not that it particularly bothers me, it's the sanctimonious way you judge everyone else which makes you so open to ridicule.

Edited by Alex

My hairs growing back for the first time in 6 months. Fuck knows how I've kept away from total depression, wor lass has been amazing, but fuck me my hair situation was killing me, and now it's deciding fuck it I'll grow back. Over the moon.

:D