General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol:

Next, the world!

Cheers Rayvin, that's a drop on ocean tbh.

I've traced my paternal Great Grandmother's direct paternal line back to a chap in Coventry in 1323, it includes a Lord Mayor of London in the 1400s.

I've also turned up some strange little coincidences- my maternal grandmother's line came, via Peckham and Deptford, from a tiny village in North Wales in the early 1800s.

Weirdly, my paternal grandmother's line also came from there. Given the proximity of where they lived, and the tiny population, it's almost guaranteed they'd have known each other then.

It gets weirder though, the same branches, after leaving Wales, went to Leeds and London respectively.

Almost 100yrs later they , again, ended up living no more than 150yds away from each other in Hamsterly.

Which explains my evil parasitic twin :naughty:

One of the lasses who works in the accounts dept of a property agent I do some work for shares my surname.

I asked her one day , " are you from Washington , by any chance?"

She was, so I asked what her dad was called?

After explaining that we had the same surname, I pulled up the family tree on my phone, found her dad, grandad, great grandad etc all the way back to originator of everyone in Washington with our name.

He was born 1804 on the Isle of Man, moved to Whitehaven and married an Irish lass and she gave birth to a football team :D

Some of these moved to Washington to work the pits, then a second wave, several kids of those who stayed in Whitehaven, moved across to Washington too.

Me and the lass were both descended from the 2nd lot.

When you throw in my paternal grandmother's family, who got to Washington at the turn of the 20thC and bred like rabbits, I reckon there's a good proportion of the town that I'm related to.

I'm sorry if this has already been underlined, but are you saying you are essentially married to your cousin Fist? Edited by trophyshy

Followed through last night. Need to keep away from the drink with my condition, couldn't believe I'd followed through though. Classic fart then "dudulduh!". Never mind.

:lol: Bring to mind the saying "That went down like a wet fart".

Embarrassing, this seems to have been happening across the country today. I didn't even realise Black Friday was a thing outside of the states until this morning. Just not British is it? What happened to waiting patiently in a queue and tutting under our breath at anyone that cut the line?

We've entered the hour when the N-O lads come on at ridiculous times in the morning to search our forum.

Every time I have a little bout of insomnia, ''So & So'' is ''Searching''.

:lol:

Probably the wrong place for this but shock horror I'm going to the match today. First one since February 2009. It's more of a chance to see some mates I haven't seen for ages but I'm strangely looking forward to the match.

Knowing my look we'll get thrashed and I'll get caught up in this supposed bother but what the hell.

Even more difficult to get a drink near the ground...we're still banned from the working mens club and the nearest pub http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/17/17000/Duke_of_Edinburgh/Upton_Park is apparently now closed. The other pub on Green Street (the Queens) was the scene of a recent murder so I may be tempted to steer clear of that one too...