General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Haven't mentioned me carry on for about 6 weeks now. Maybe longer. Been having radiotherapy and have had 30 sessions to date. Three more to go, it's finished on Monday thank fuck! If you ever get anything wrong with your brain and there's a few on here seem to have had reading a few of their posts, I'll tell you now it's nee picnic. I've lost half me hair during the treatment but there's a canny chance it'll come back. I'll be gutted if I have to be walking the streets like The Fish and MF for years to come looking a decade older than I am. Honestly though I wouldn't wish this on me worst enemy. I was alright till week 4, I'm completely fucked now, and when it ends on Monday, I'll feel even worse than I do now gradually to a peak over the next 4 weeks.

I get a 5 week break and then I start chemo for 6 months. Believe it or not, me and 10 others in the North East are THE first people in Europe to try this kind of chemo too, they're confident it's a break through for the treatment so I says aye goo on why not? Me appetite hasn't departed, my better half has been good as gold so I can't whinge too much, even the toon are helping matters. So nee more whinging on here, never said anything for a few month so I thought I'd do an update for the few people who have met me, and the odd few (geordies mind) who used to value my toon posts.

Edited by McFaul

Haven't mentioned me carry on for about 6 weeks now. Maybe longer. Been having radiotherapy and have had 30 sessions to date. Three more to go, it's finished on Monday thank fuck! If you ever get anything wrong with your brain and there's a few on here seem to have had reading a few of their posts, I'll tell you now it's nee picnic. I've lost half me hair during the treatment but there's a canny chance it'll come back. I'll be gutted if I have to be walking the streets like The Fish and MF for years to come looking a decade older than I am. Honestly though I wouldn't wish this on me worst enemy. I was alright till week 4, I'm completely fucked now, and when it ends on Monday, I'll feel even worse than I do now gradually to a peak over the next 4 weeks.

I get a 5 week break and then I start chemo for 6 months. Believe it or not, me and 10 others in the North East are THE first people in Europe to try this kind of chemo too, they're confident it's a break through for the treatment so I says aye goo on why not? Me appetite hasn't departed, my better half has been good as gold so I can't whinge too much, even the toon are helping matters. So nee more whinging on here, never said anything for a few month so I thought I'd do an update for the few people who have met me, and the odd few (geordies mind) who used to value my toon posts.

Glad to hear it's going well Stevie fingers crossed.

:lol: Good crack, Stevie. Keep on smashing it.

Great stuff Stevie. So pleased you are keeping your pecker up. Your attitude will be a great plus too many lurkers or Twitter followers facing a similar battle. Credit to you x

Edited by Christmas Tree

:lol:

Good to hear you're still on the ball, Stevie. Keep it up, mate.

Netflix thinks I'm gay. I watched a documentary called We Were Here about the AIDS outbreak in San Francisco's gay neighbourhood. Ever since Netflix keeps recommending gay and lesbian cinema to me. <_

It recommended me Dexter's Laboratory because I watched Dexter, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Keep your chin up @@McFaul

Watched me dad go through it twice and it's a bastard like.

Did you watch that channel 4 program about the new treatments? One blokes neck was an open wound and they gave him tablets that healed it right up dead quick. Amazing results.

Hope your new treatment sorts you out.

Keep your chin up @@McFaul

Watched me dad go through it twice and it's a bastard like.

Did you watch that channel 4 program about the new treatments? One blokes neck was an open wound and they gave him tablets that healed it right up dead quick. Amazing results.

Hope your new treatment sorts you out.

Aye I did but....the only worse one than mine is lung cancer statistically though, a neck one would be a godsend rather than this pish. Malignant brain tumours are completely and utterly different in every single way from any other form of cancer. There is one good point, and a million bad. The one good point is it's incredibly rare that it spreads. When you have a malignant brain tumour, and they're given ratings from 1 to 4, mine was a 3, 90% of the time they come back within 5-10 years, usually takes 2 years. There's a small amount of people who go past the 10 years and I'm praying I'm one, because I wouldn't wish this treatment on my worst enemy, and even more unfortunately there's every chance that I'll not be able to have any more treatment in the future. I'm THE first person in Europe to go through this radio/chemo particular process and they think it's going to be a break through for every fucka. I really hope so.