General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Very random but I woke up at 6.15 this

morning and it was getting light. Roll on Spring - I'm sure winter leaves me with a bit of SAD.

Been some cracking sunrises over London recently. Makes a huge difference to the morning commute.

:lol: Trip advisor was a nice idea, but it's hopelessy flawed.

An outstanding hotel, with great staff is a beautiful location could get a low score because some mardy cow asked for medium rare steak and received it not exactly to her liking.

I'll stick to either freinds' recommendations or reviews that don't come from the general public.

I'll still read Tripadvisor but tend not to pay attention to the absolute scores or relative ratings - the well-written reviews can be useful for stuff you don't necessarily pick up elsewhere (what are the mattresses like, how's the wi-fi coverage, have there been any obvious changes recently that won't be reflected in the overall score, does the short walk to the beach take you straight past a sewage plant, etc.). You can tend to spot the reviews where someone's narked about something specific and read between the lines (or just ignore them).

One of the places we looked at for Gran Canaria had a review that was describing the facilities perfectly normally then suddenly went all caps to report that "a Spanish child by the pool DID A POO OMG". :lol:

I'll still read Tripadvisor but tend not to pay attention to the absolute scores or relative ratings - the well-written reviews can be useful for stuff you don't necessarily pick up elsewhere (what are the mattresses like, how's the wi-fi coverage, have there been any obvious changes recently that won't be reflected in the overall score, does the short walk to the beach take you straight past a sewage plant, etc.). You can tend to spot the reviews where someone's narked about something specific and read between the lines (or just ignore them).

One of the places we looked at for Gran Canaria had a review that was describing the facilities perfectly normally then suddenly went all caps to report that "a Spanish child by the pool DID A POO OMG". :lol:

Reading reviews on the internet? Just stick a pin in somewhere with a blindfold on. Tried and trusted. /Parkanomics.

Reading reviews on the internet? Just stick a pin in somewhere with a blindfold on. Tried and trusted. /Parkanomics.

This is becoming a sight I see more and more; someone's take on something is [blah]onomics.

Can't decide if I hate it or not.

I think the trip advisor is a good site. You shouldn't take too much notice of the finnicky customers who complain for cheap holidays. The information on there is excellent for apartments to rent anywhere in the world and it gives info about the local area ie taxis money exchanges and restaurants