General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Seriously, sorry to hear about your job.

Why not take your 6 months to do the knowledge?

:lol:

Six months tax free is some result mind, especially as you've no real family commitments and already have other job offers. To think a few years back you were a door to door double glazing salesman, the streets of London really do seem to be paved with gold.

Anyway, the obvious suggestion is travel for a few months.

Seriously, sorry to hear about your job.

Why not take your 6 months to do the knowledge?

Because being a Cabbie is beneath me ;)

In all seriousness I haven't the memory to complete the knowledge and even if I were to be successful, the return isn't great in London.

Got some good friends in London who are directors now of recruitment companies. I can put a word in if that's where you want to go next?

PS Stop winding Leazes up man.

Once I've updated my CVs I'll throw you a couple?

and nope, it's retribution for him spamming my twitter feed. All I want is a straight question and a commitment from him to move on :lol:

:lol:

Six months tax free is some result mind, especially as you've no real family commitments and already have other job offers. To think a few years back you were a door to door double glazing salesman, the streets of London really do seem to be paved with gold.

Anyway, the obvious suggestion is travel for a few months.

Paved with gold and the whores are often washed!

A lot of it depends on where I am with the missus to be honest.

Once I've updated my CVs I'll throw you a couple?

and nope, it's retribution for him spamming my twitter feed. All I want is a straight question and a commitment from him to move on :lol:

Aye I'll see what I can do for you. Divvint put nee private data on just what you've done, and I'll have a chat with people. Ideally if you have a degree or can demonstrate articulacy and sales ability, you'd be half way there.

Leazes will never move on till he's allowed back on here, that's a fact.

Aye I'll see what I can do for you. Divvint put nee private data on just what you've done, and I'll have a chat with people. Ideally if you have a degree or can demonstrate articulacy and sales ability, you'd be half way there.

Leazes will never move on till he's allowed back on here, that's a fact.

cheers, it's appreciated.

Then he'll never move on. The least he can do is entertain me as I bum around at work :D

Sorry to hear about the job mate, but good that you're tearing it positively.

Have you considered doing a few months voluntary work for a charity?

e.g. Shelter, National Trust, Operation Raliegh?

Good for the soul ( and the CV) ;)

A bald geordie gigolo must be able to attract a niche market doon there too?

I'm doing Dryathalon, isn't that enough?!

It's a thought to be honest. I must be able to find something that I can put my questionable talents towards?

It's essentially logistics that you were/are doing isn't it?

The operation raliegh type organisations might look at that favourably, get you a free trip to somewhere stinky and exotic.

Sort of, yeah. I'll have a peep. Cheers.

there's a lad I've been working with for the past 2yrs, they essentially offered him a cushion to pad himself as they boot his arse out the door. 1 weeks pay per year of service, capped at £450 a week.

almost 2 years, he's never getting back i've told him that and asked him to die quietly, because i'm a massive bastard

I'd love to know what he actually does, i reckon he's a taxi driver like CT, has all the support our troop type stickers in his cab along with some less politically correct ones and then will regale stories through the plasticity window them all starting with "i'll you what, the trouble wih...." and then it all goes a bit racisty

He served in the British Army as a senior ranking officer.

Who've you been blowing?

Clearly the right people. Which is a relief.

He served in the British Army as a senior ranking officer.

That explains some of his nonsense, but my Dad held a senior rank and doesn't crack on anything like Steve does.

Good luck HF. Fish, sorry to hear about your job. Sounds like you're doing ok out of it and remaining positive. If I had any advice it would be to secure a job and bank the cash, and forget about travelling and the like. Not very romantic, and not what you want to hear but you never know what's around the corner and wherever you start out next you're gonna have no accrued service if something like this were to happen again. Keep the money for something further down the line.

Good luck HF. Fish, sorry to hear about your job. Sounds like you're doing ok out of it and remaining positive. If I had any advice it would be to secure a job and bank the cash, and forget about travelling and the like. Not very romantic, and not what you want to hear but you never know what's around the corner and wherever you start out next you're gonna have no accrued service if something like this were to happen again. Keep the money for something further down the line.

Thanks Mam

:(

I've planned top put a fair whack of it away, but I should still have plenty to at least go on a daft holiday/ buy myself some toys/pay for an assassin

If I do get redundancy I've got 13 years coming to me so should have plenty time to sort myself something out as well....but I've got a wife and kid and 3 mortgages...if it's just you renting a place then it sounds a perfect chance to do a world tour before locking yourself into another job.