General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I reckon CT gets blacked up like the Russian Stevie Wonder before he hits the ivories.

Can you imagine living next door to him ??

One of my favourite singers is Al Jolson as it happens. :)

(One of my favourite films as well).

Edit: should add I think I sing a bit like him to.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I don't meant it's better than knowing how to read music and play properly, I just mean its one of those things that some people have and some don't.

But like people who have a good sense of direction and others who don't.

Playing a piece of music by ear is 100x more complex than where you're at now and that's an absolute fact, I don't care how quickly you can play Fur Elise. Playing by ear would be if you sat and listened to Beethoven's 5th with a piano in front of you and replicated it within 5 minutes. So, it takes a virtuoso to be able to do it.

Aye. When I'm picking out tunes rather than reading music I basically play the piano like an average busker plays guitar, left hand constantly playing simple fifths unless otherwise required. It makes it easier to pick out chord progressions but lord knows there's no real talent involved.

Aye. When I'm picking out tunes rather than reading music I basically play the piano like an average busker plays guitar, left hand constantly playing simple fifths unless otherwise required. It makes it easier to pick out chord progressions but lord knows there's no real talent involved.

Buskers night rule #2: Stick to 12 bar blues when jamming with strangers. It'll be incredibly boring but everyone in the audience will be impressed.