General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Get your pac a mac out Jill! :lol:

I survived without getting too soaked during the run itself, then got absolutely fucking drenched waiting for a friend to finish. :( I'm fairly certain I was on the verge of developing trench foot by the time I got home (via the pub).

:lol: Some great records in that playlist.

I remember going to Rez 6 at the old Mayfair on a school night (thurs) and seeing N-Joi and. I can still recall over 20 years later the feeling when Anthem kicked off. I think there was something in the drugs.

N-Joi's front woman was Saffron from Republica, random fact.

Just did a customer satisfaction for Virgin where I slated them completely and said I'd switch if I could be arsed and didn't think all the other fuckers were just as shite - hope they phone to discuss my views :)

I did a google search for a business objects error message we got this morning and one of the results was a page called "weddings in far off places" which I clicked on and found a blog on a Chinese power supply manufacturer's site which is written in latin -_- . Google translate returns gibberish including the phrase "Vikings of gantry" - I think I've stumbled on a spy drop site.

That show about Sunderland nightlife last night is one of the single most cringeworthy things I've ever seen on telly. Literally not one attractive woman, not one honestly, even if you had beer goggles on. A funny programme but sad in many ways too.

Have you seen previous weeks? It's not exactly been a shining example of any North East nights out.

Well tbf it reminds me of nights out I've had in Sunderland in the past when I worked there.

My mate's brother just married a mackem on the day we played Villa.

In Sunderland.

My mate was best man.

All he's said about it since is "abhorrent".

There should be something done about their accent. It's a big place Sunderland, nearly 1% of England's population is a mackem, yet successful mackems are few and far between. Kate Adie is probably the most famous in the last 100 years. The fact is no one has a good chance of making it big with a mackem mentality/accent. That is a fact. I'm not saying it to be controversial neither. It truly is Loserville. It has the lowest life expectancy in Western Europe as a city over 250,000, it's an embarrassment on human nature. Something should be done, because they should grow up with the same chances as everyone else but they're drawn in to a world of depression, mediocrity and ill health.

Dave Stewart is considerably more famous than Kate Adie, and he's probably penned better songs than her too.

I'm an 80's child and I knew Kate Adie, but didn't know Dave Stewart and his connection with the Eurythmics. The Eurythmics to me were that fat scottish woman with the deep voice singing "don't leave me this way". Kate Adie was nationally famous, if ever there was a kick off in the 80's or 90's she'd be there dodging bullets, with an articulate intelligence about her. To be fair she left Sunderland at an early age and spent a lot of time in Newcastle/London which probably explains her success.