General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Western populations are aging think we're all aware of that (look at Japan if you really want a shock).

Capitalism makes me laugh the way it propogandises continually against the vulernable, one week its' the unemployed another week it's old people...That shit don't wash with me. There are oceans of money but slights of hand keep it hidden from the general public. Trident is going to cost a £100 billion. :lol: I'd start by scrapping that.

I would suggest an NHS fund like the Norway Govt pension fund (the biggest on the planet). They started it by using oil revenues. The NHS fund would be invested in by the Govt and a levy on business in the UK and be open to private investors and NHS workers. There are a million things they could do instead of this fear mongering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Government_Pension_Fund_of_Norway

:lol:

Thanks for adding Japan into the mix, very supportive of the point i was making.

Norway! :lol: I'm not even going to bother with that, too funny / hopeless.

:lol:

Thanks for adding Japan into the mix, very supportive of the point i was making.

Norway! :lol: I'm not even going to bother with that, too funny / hopeless.

Why should I fear supporting your point? It's a fact pop are aging. ;)

This is the kind of thing that's going on as you well know...Vultures looking to make a quick buck.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jul/21/tory-strategist-lynton-crosby-lobbying

When GSK start paying proper tax in the UK then we might consider them for NHS cherry picking. :lol:

Why should I fear supporting your point? It's a fact pop are aging. ;)

This is the kind of thing that's going on as you well know...Vultures looking to make a quick buck.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jul/21/tory-strategist-lynton-crosby-lobbying

When GSK start paying proper tax in the UK then we might consider them for NHS cherry picking. :lol:

So if its a fact that the population is ageing and its a fact that elderly people cost more in healthcare and its a fact that the UK government has less money to spend, are you proposing dedicating higher and higher % of GDP towards healthcare? You're not actually proposing 'a line in the sand' which is just bullshit, you're actually saying we need to spend more of what we have on health.

Or are you saying we have it about right and that we should maintain current levels by reducing spending on things like Trident? Which costs 100bn over 30 years, so saves 3bn a year.

I like the debate to be framed in relation to: how much of our GDP should we spend on healthcare, how should it be financed, how should it be allocated and how should that allocated spending be evaluated? Of those 4 fundamental questions over system performance, the NHS concept only relates to one of them, the allocation mechanism.

Chez, is it a fact that staying in the 9ieme arrondissement in Paris is gonna put me in the middle of nowhere. And if that is indeed a fact, where would you recommend for a Paris n00b for a long weekend.

The 9th can be really nice, it just depends what you want to do. Its very central and walking distance to the grand magasins, opera, etc but not served by the metro that well. You dont want to be walking around much in this heat (34c). Its also handy for all the sex shops etc in Pigalle (and therefore the beautiful and pleasing Montmartre)

I was looking at apartments in Saint-Georges and Notre-Dame de Lorette, both charming quartiers with nice shops, bars and cafes with access to line 12 on the metro.

If you stay in the 9th, stay near a line 12 metro and in Saint-Georges, Notre Dame de Lorette, or near Trinity Church. Hotel Amour does a lush brunch, is quite trendy, cant vouch for the rooms but its in the right area. Hotel Antin Saint- Georges just done up and looks nice.

I'm not sold on the 9th or anything, just found a nice boutique hotel there. Was looking at Hotel Luxembourg Parc too which looks nice and better location wise. Its for November rather than immediately so heat shouldn't be an issue!

Been watching the tour on telly and talking about how we should go to France (its looked incredible), then with the big finale in Paris last night, she won't shut up about it.

Anyway, will no doubt be pestering you for restaurant recommendations etc if we get booked up!

I'm finding this royal baby shit utterly nauseating. I like the BBC normally but fucking resent paying my license fee for this deferential crap. It's 2013 ffs,this shouldn't be happening any more.

Did I

What wummary?

You're like the kid caught with chocolate all over his face, claiming he didn't eat anything.

Did I

What wummary?

How have you managed to mis-spell something (admittedly not a real word but still) that's actually in the post you've quoted?

Dear me,

What happened to the good old days of Happy Face and JawD bringing some counter balance to the little hitlers.

Have you considered that you're just THAT unwanted?