General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Yeah, and a Premier Inn and stuff like that along the Euston Road. The Travelodge on Farringdon Road is close enough too. There's plenty of guest houses along the side-streets near KC that'll do you a cheaper room for the night, but the bed, the bedclothes, the decor and the plumbing will be from the 1950s.

I'm happy in a hostel - my brother won't be. :lol:

Thanks for the recommendations. Probably looking at £60-80 for a twin room. So should be sorted if I book it tonight.

Taking my brother to England vs Brazil for his Christmas!

She's class man. You have to understand that she's fairly opinionated but a typical 2nd generation Irish Catholic grandma - never swears, always dressed beautifully and gets offended by loutish behaviour. Fit as a fiddle and we found her and grandda up ladders wallpapering their house the other day.

Anyway, we were watching a match a while ago and it was Man Utd vs someone-or-other. Man U had a shocking first half and as the half-time whistle went she came out with "Well I hope Fergie gives them a right bollocking at half time cos that was dreadful!" As I choked on my brew it turns out she meant "rollocking" and got her words mixed up :lol:

Similarly my grandda once told me he'd once seen one of them "Durex dogs, like the one in the advert" in the park..... :o

That will do nicely!

You can get a hotel for about £40 round there Tom I've stayed in few. There's one called the Newcastle Hotel funny enough, but all of them are ran by naughty looking Russians.

You can get a hotel for about £40 round there Tom I've stayed in few. There's one called the Newcastle Hotel funny enough, but all of them are ran by naughty looking Russians.

Ended up paying £70 for a twin room in the travelodge, breakfast included.Hoping we're not too high up at Wembley - bottom of the top tier but on the half way line which is spot on.

I don't think we'll get that far near luxury like. :lol:

Might pay a lot for a pint but that's as close as we're getting. Going for England vs Brazil, taking my brother for his Christmas present, the tickets haven't arrived yet so he essentially opened a piece of paper but what can you do!

Should be canny like Tom. I went to see Brazil against Great Britain last year and some of the talent Brazil had available to them put ours to shame. Likewise when you compare their current squad to England's it's almost embarrassing.

I really wanted to go to that but the transport was difficult to arrange at the time, funny place to get around Boro! Yeah they've got some awesome players, I seen the same Brazil squad play Honduras at St.James' Park and it was a great game - I was the only one booing Roger Espinoza to my great disappointment.

They play like a proper Brazil team, beating men for fun, taking the piss, clever interplay, looking forward to seeing the full team rather than the under 23's but I don't think it'll be that different besides a couple of players We're pretty much going to watch brazil but supporting England. Emotional. :lol:

Hoping to get to see Neymar actually play without being a cunt and to get a proper look at Moura. There's some England players I'm interested in too - Sterling etc - but he's a bit of a nob as well I suppose.

I don't think we'll get that far near luxury like. :lol:

Might pay a lot for a pint but that's as close as we're getting. Going for England vs Brazil, taking my brother for his Christmas present, the tickets haven't arrived yet so he essentially opened a piece of paper but what can you do!

If you're down a for a couple of days/nights there are plenty of people who'd be able to point you in the right direction for cheaper pints, decent curries and the like. Kings Cross is (unsurprisingly) really well served by the Tube so getting around won't be a problem at all. Mind, getting to and from Wembley is a rhino stomp to the cock.