General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

http://www.courierma...o-1226547587921

This lass served me and the guys up some all-you-can-eat wings when we last went to Hooters in 2011 and looked like she was made of the same material as Fist's fleshlight. There's even a photo of us on facebook with her.

Masters Law Degree with distinction for fuck sake. Just goes to show you can never judge a book by its cover! :lol:572801-charlotte-poole.jpg

New year new ideas!

Decided to give online grocery shopping a go. The idea being that less chance of chucking crap in the trolley.

Mainly just the weekly household and cupboard essentials there by allowing a bit more daily freedom with menu choice rather than 7 days of meals in.

Meant to be coming between 8-10

The only issue with online shopping is that some of them use it as an excuse to get rid of the stuff that's going off either that day or the day after. Or when they don't have what you want they'll come up with a substitution that doesn't fit the bill.

In the case of the latter, you can tell them you don't want it and you won't get charged and in the case of the former if you ring and complain they'll refund you. But either way you have to go back to the shops to get what you originally wanted which kind of defeats the purpose.

Tbf, frozen and tinned stuff is exactly what I use online shopping for, once every 2-3 months. Tinned tuna, tomatoes, "extra light" "mayo", frozen veg and chicken and mince, bottled fizzy water, all the stuff you can't be arsed to carry back from the shops, en masse. Then shop locally for the fresh stuff as and when.

I'm sure it works great if you don't order anything fresh and just want a load of frozen rubbish, but I'm assuming that's not what you're doing. At least not until February. :razz:

I've never ordered any fresh fruit or veg online but the delivery driver has told me that the produce is picked from the stock in back that hasn't yet even gone on the shelves yet and so is even fresher than the stuff you'll get in store. No idea if it's true or not.

Tbf, frozen and tinned stuff is exactly what I use online shopping for, once every 2-3 months. Tinned tuna, tomatoes, "extra light" "mayo", frozen veg and chicken and mince, bottled fizzy water, all the stuff you can't be arsed to carry back from the shops, en masse. Then shop locally for the fresh stuff as and when.

That's the general idea and then pop out and get the daily fresh stuff. Sounds great in theory however out lass isn't convinced I will do the daily bit :lol:

I've never ordered any fresh fruit or veg online but the delivery driver has told me that the produce is picked from the stock in back that hasn't yet even gone on the shelves yet and so is even fresher than the stuff you'll get in store. No idea if it's true or not.

Not sure I believe that driver. Everything out the back is stacked.

Certainly isn't true in my experience. I'm not saying you always get everything that goes off that day, but you get enough of it.

I shop online including fruit and veg and it always tends to be under ripe if anything. The use by dates are always decent too and I've never had cause to complain about anything.

I shop online including fruit and veg and it always tends to be under ripe if anything. The use by dates are always decent too and I've never had cause to complain about anything.

Only my first time and all that but it beggars the question why people, particularly with families, feel the need to battle the crowds in the aisles once a week. As I understand it next week I just press one button and it brings up my shopping list for me to add or detract from. Easy peasy. :)