General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Is there anything better than getting a text a 10 PM from a swedish nurse asking if its ok to come over....

woke up with a smile on my face and an empty ballsack. She was even gone.

Such a pro lass.

You're boasting about using a prostitute, nice!

Speaking of Breivik, he's in court now to decide whether he goes to jail or mental hospital. Where ever he goes I hope he dies a dodgy death.

Declared sane and sentenced to 21 years.

Not a bad shout given that the favourite's jockey is 0 from 98 at the course.

Just a word of warning, the racing post this morning said another horse in the race is going up 8lbs on handicap tomorrow. Must have won a race this week but is running light this afternon. Gassin Golf.

Just a word of warning, the racing post this morning said another horse in the race is going up 8lbs on handicap tomorrow. Must have won a race this week but is running light this afternon. Gassin Golf.

Aye, that's the one I'm talking about. I was looking at this race last night and on form he deserves favouritism but the jockey, Luke Morris, has never won at Newmarket which is surprising because he's quite handy. The High Man is up 10lbs for his last win but could have enough to overcome that. Only worth a small punt.

Declared sane and sentenced to 21 years.

Will be incarcerated for life. 21 is the max but they can extend it for 5 years ad infinitum if he is deemed too big a risk to society should he be let out.

Suspect he wouldnt last a day out either, would likely be lynched on sight.

Will be incarcerated for life. 21 is the max but they can extend it for 5 years ad infinitum if he is deemed too big a risk to society should he be let out.

Suspect he wouldnt last a day out either, would likely be lynched on sight.

They've just been describing his prison 'conditions' A 3 cell 'suite' with a workout room with treadmill, a study with a laptop (not connected to the internet) and sleeping quarters. Fuck me, what a punishment.

21 years? thats it!?

Read LBT's last post before yours. He'll always be deemed a danger to society so won't get out. He'll just be left to rot with his treadmill and laptop in prison :glare:

I know it doesnt seem like that, but that is actually kind of the point with the legal system. The punishment lies in the - how shall I put this in english - revokement of freedom? The fact that you are no longer a free man, you are placed in a cell. The holding condititions themselves are not supposed to be a second penalty really. Even though he is a waste of sperm we shouldnt stoop down to his level.

To quote dostoevsky:

The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons

I know it doesnt seem like that, but that is actually kind of the point with the legal system. The punishment lies in the - how shall I put this in english - revokement of freedom? The fact that you are no longer a free man, you are placed in a cell. The holding condititions themselves are not supposed to be a second penalty really. Even though he is a waste of sperm we shouldnt stoop down to his level.

To quote dostoevsky:

The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons

And will this be generally acceptable to the public after what he did? The fact that he loses his freedom in society for the rest of his life but will live in 'relative' luxury? I just think that it would anger me :(

Our justice system isnt prepared to handle crimes of this magnitude, although that is being adressed now with a Post-Breivik law in the making. It cannot be used on Breivik though, because of the pillars of our constitution is that no law can be used on a crime comitted before the law was passed.

Our maximum penalty is 21 years regardless of the crime. Its a very complex question but the important thing is that he will never be a free man and society will never have to worry about him again.

I do understand the sentiment that some would like him to suffer even in prison, but thats hardly progress is it. Medieval thinking Catmag :P

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Our justice system isnt prepared to handle crimes of this magnitude, although that is being adressed now with a Post-Breivik law in the making. It cannot be used on Breivik though, because of the pillars of our constitution is that no law can be used on a crime comitted before the law was passed.

Our maximum penalty is 21 years regardless of the crime. Its a very complex question but the important thing is that he will never be a free man and society will never have to worry about him again.

I do understand the sentiment that some would like him to suffer even in prison, but thats hardly progress is it. Medieval thinking Catmag :P

Really? I don't think it's medieval at all. I think that someone who has murdered another human being and taken away their future should be given only the basic of human rights. What kind of "progress" are you thinking of? Letting him out one day a week to go and work at a local youth club under supervision so that eventually he'll come to understand the diversity of society?

Eye-for-an-eye thinking more specifically. I fully understand peoples lust for revenge and wanting ill on criminals, and there is nothing wrong with that. But the state needs to take a different stand, to be above such things.

The first and foremost goal should be to shield society from the offender, then the goal has to be rehabilitiation. Look at the USA, 1% of their population is in jail. Hardly impressive.

You need to get people back into society if there is a chance they can come good, help them find a job and make them sort their lives out and start to give back and pay taxes. Basic belief in the human being really.

Im just speaking broadly here btw, obviously breivik can be locked in a cellar and toss away the key for all I care, he is a lost case.

Edited by Lake Bells tits