General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Sitting watching a seagul running on the spot on some grass.

Now I've always assumed they do this to simulate the sound of rain, which causes the worms, who don't want to drown like the rabbits, to come to the surface and be eaten.

Very clever if correct ( not the worms obv)

On code for lasses, when was a very young man in the 90s and working in a supermarket it was etiquette to shout 'Salts' to bring to the attention of all male members of staff that there was a lovely young lady present in store. As in, 'I would go through it like a dose of salts.'

My boss and the owner of the business usually write a B or a NB whenever they have a female in for an interview. Bangable or Not Bangable. Fairly professional I think, a pleasant appearance can do wonders for meetings and the like.

You going offshore like Stevie?

It's an option that's open to me, not that one that I want to exploit tbh and I'm not the only one. I don't want to but my game is drying up big time with the construction industry being fucked at the moment, even my clients keep saying every other day, it won't improve for 2 years. I think a lot of people have no comprehension just how fucked up industry is in this country, this recession or double dip whatever you want to call it is the worst I can remember. Five years ago in my job it was easier than taking apples off a tree, now it's more like Mini Me trying to hurdle Mount Everest.

Had no idea you're not allowed to take a mobile phone on an oil rig. I didn't have a mobile till about 99, how did we survive?!

Your mam saying "You got 10p for the phone" as you leave the house

What would you go out as, trade-wise?

Nothing glitzy, rig storeman, my uncle is a high up on the rig, the pay is absolutely amazing well I think it is, but as someone put it to me you're paid well because they're basically paying for your life every time you're on that rig. 3 on 2 off is the rota, I'd miss my life too much, I'd miss the match, I'd miss a weekend drink and I'd miss my lass, I'd miss everything and known my luck I'd end up in a room with mackems. It's an option if things don't improve though.

Your mam saying "You got 10p for the phone" as you leave the house

:lol: aye. That really was it as well, that was your communication. I think it's 60p now to use a pay phone. When you pulled you always used to say "I'm staying at a mates." haha