General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Nothing. You say that like its a bad thing though. Some good bars around, would recommend the brew dog on Peter street.

Not at all. I went to uni there so looking forward to revisiting some of my old favourites.

When we're you there?

Graduated in 2006, a lifetime ago now. Been back a few times with work but this is the first time I'll be able to put in a proper pub crawl.

Graduated in 2006, a lifetime ago now. Been back a few times with work but this is the first time I'll be able to put in a proper pub crawl.

I went there the year after that, it's proper different now from when I left, lot of places closed down.

I graduated from Manchester in 1998! Now that's a lifetime ago :lol:

I went there the year after that, it's proper different now from when I left, lot of places closed down.

Same with my uni city (Lincoln) whenever I go back there.

Really quite sad, a lot of the good pubs/bars have closed or been turned into restuarants. There is I think literally just one half-decent place to watch the football in now.

I'd have thought things would improve over time (seeing as the uni gets bigger and bigger), not get worse. Love the place but couldn't live there any more, it's too small.

Same with my uni city (Lincoln) whenever I go back there.

Really quite sad, a lot of the good pubs/bars have closed or been turned into restuarants. There is I think literally just one half-decent place to watch the football in now.

I'd have thought things would improve over time (seeing as the uni gets bigger and bigger), not get worse. Love the place but couldn't live there any more, it's too small.

I was in Lincoln for the first time the other weekend, thought it seemed really quite nice. But aye, I can see how you'd grow out of it.

By far too, not even questionable. Scunthorpe is the Lincolnshire Sunderland but Lincoln is the Lincolnshire Durham City, dull, boring but hey look at the big church...

Durham is more than just a "big church" tbf. Depends on what you want from a place ofc

Durham isn't dull and boring. It's full of posh totty for one at one of the best uni's in the country. It's own county cricket club, decent shops, restaurants and bars, cinema, big live venue that all the big comedians/plays come through and, as Bill Bryson put it, THE best Cathedral on planet Earth. Not to mention the fact you can get a train to pretty much anywhere in the country from its train station, its 15minutes from 2 premiership clubs, 10 minutes from the beach, 15 minutes from the airport, and if you want the big city trappings then its 15 minutes from Newcastle

Durham-Location-SR.jpg