General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Was it yourself that was there a couple of weeks ago? All the cheapest deals seem to be out of Dublin. You go with United?

I can get flights for 700 quid standard or 900 quid premium economy at the end of August. The two things stopping me are that I could do with putting the money in my wedding fund and that I'm planning to go there next April anyway on my stag.

Edit: And I'll be taking and paying for the future missus. Maybe I am better waiting til April. <_<

Edited by ewerk

Yeah, flew return for €700 or so. I could have gotten a little cheaper, but the lay-overs were very short on the one's I went with.

I flew with US Airways and 3 out of our 4 flights were delayed, also they have no in-flight entertainment, so prepare to have to masturbate under those light blankets for several hours.

I'd happily go back tomorrow though. Great place. Also, I did none of the things I wanted to do.

edit however, the fancy dress party I'm going to tonight for the Spain match has the winner receiving a 5night stay in Vegas, so I very much want to win that.

Edited by Barney

Was it yourself that was there a couple of weeks ago? All the cheapest deals seem to be out of Dublin. You go with United?

I can get flights for 700 quid standard or 900 quid premium economy at the end of August. The two things stopping me are that I could do with putting the money in my wedding fund and that I'm planning to go there next April anyway on my stag.

Edit: And I'll be taking and paying for the future missus. Maybe I am better waiting til April. <_<

That's way too much. I went 2 years ago. Booked through expedia. Flew from Gatwick to Detroit, Detroit to Vegas with a 2 hour layover. 5 days/4 nights in Caesars Palace. £530 all in. Granted it may be a little more now but surely not that much

Aye, been looking at going back to Nashville and we'd be looking at a good £200+ more for the flights than a couple of years ago. Is it just fuel costs and taxes or is there less competition on the Transatlantic routes these days? :dunno:

The price has gone up to cover the extra cost to air traffic control, who now need to use Super Pigeons to keep track of all the Iron Skybirds, since satellites have been exposed as a sham.

Things affecting transatlantic prices

• Exchange rates
  • Time of year
  • Fuel costs (price of oil)
  • Air Passenger duty
  • Carbon tax (EU)
  • Departing passenger fees (not a tax and airport specific)

I remember flying to New York on virgin for £199 a decade ago. Think the cheapest around are about £5-600 now.

Things affecting transatlantic prices
  • Exchange rates
  • Time of year
  • Fuel costs (price of oil)
  • Air Passenger duty
  • Carbon tax (EU)
  • Departing passenger fees (not a tax and airport specific)

I remember flying to New York on virgin for 199 a decade ago. Think the cheapest around are about 5-600 now.

Aye I got to San Francisco and back for 200 notes in 1999. Incredible how much it's changed since then.

Just been speaking to the bird about flights to NY we were hoping too book in Jan. She said it was expensive.

"What about Canada, thats not America so should be cheaper"

"All Trans-Atlantic fflights seem to be expensive"

"Yes, thats why we should goto Canada"

:lol:

Doubletree Suites, right on Times Square, directly opposite the stage for the countdown. I fucked it off for the pub round the corner.

NYE alone was $2500. I got it using Hilton points that I'd built up with work so it cost me nothing. I enjoyed it but certainly not worth the silly money they were charging. It was my first time in NYC so I didn't realise that any hotel south of Central Park is in a good location.